ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

What an idiot. I have an inside source telling me he was literally offered $25 per photo for a meet-and-greet at the Flying J in Kuttawa next week, and has his choice amongst *any* of the girls at the Delta Gamma house.

Have fun slumming it in the National Basketball Association, loser.

I wish him the best, but imo it is the wrong decision.
False. While it sucks for Kentucky fans, his ass needs to go to the league ASAP. This draft is garbage and he's going to go a lot higher than he really should because of it.

Get paid, playboy, and go have a ball. Kentucky will still be here.

* In random twitter feeds that I will gladly not follow in a few weeks, this guy is soaring up the leaderboard:

* This weather is absolutely perfect to welcome a new season of Kentucky basketball.

A warm spring in the Bluegrass is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, imo.

Last edited:
False. While it sucks for Kentucky fans, his ass needs to go to the league ASAP. This draft is garbage and he's going to go a lot higher than he really should because of it.

Get paid, playboy, and go have a ball. Kentucky will still be here.
My point was mainly that many have said he would make more money coming back with NIL than getting drafted, unless he was top 3 IIRC.

Rumors were something like $8M in NIL was waiting on him. He won’t make that next year in the NBA.

Could have been just rumors though. Someone like Brady or Anth would know more.

My point was mainly that many have said he would make more money coming back in nil than getting drafted, unless he was top 3 IIRC.

Something like $8M in NIL was waiting on him. He won’t make that next year in the NBA.

Could have been rumors though. Someone like Brady or Anth would know more.

Anyone who said he would make more money at UK is an absolute f'ing idiot. The #5 pick gets a guaranteed salary of ~ $7 million.

As for the NIL, these brainless dopes around here seem to confuse the fact that you can also make NIL money when you play in the NBA, too. I don't know why people miss that fact. You can sign a million autographs, do meet-and-greets, endorse products, and all that exact same stuff -- except with more zeros attached. It's just not even close.

Reed, Jeff, and Pope are smart and well connected.

They must have gotten a promise high enough to make going worth passing up Lexington god status.

Good for him, happy for the guy.

Wish we would have shit canned Cal after Saint Peters though so we could have enjoyed a year of maximum engagement.

What’s the point of caring about these guys? Dude won nothing. Would have been a complete God in Kentucky history, and would have helped start the next phase of Kentucky basketball. And for what? One year and ~$2M difference after taxes what he’s making now?

It hurts because to me, I thought if anyone cared it would be Reed Sheppard. And I wanted to believe he factored all the other things in when making his decision. But no, at the end of the day, he’s no different than Justin f’ing Edwards.

Here's one for you guys and I need your advice:

My son was at his friend's house the other day and asked to spend the night. The mom of his buddy texted and asked if I could swing by and drop off a change of clothes and a toothbrush and stuff like that. So I go over there and the mom is outside in the driveway, and my son and his buddy are inside playing video games on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

So I hand the mom his bag and she asks if I want to play basketball. Seemed like an odd question since I was just dropping stuff off, I assumed this meant get the boys outside to play some basketball on a nice day, so I said "uh yeah, sure". Turns out she wasn't referring to the boys. She just wanted to play some one-on-one. So we start playing basketball - meanwhile, every so often I yell through the screen door at my son to get him and his buddy out there to no avail.

But here's where it gets uncomfortable, about 10 minutes into the game the husband drives up. And there I am, just playing one-on-one basketball with his wife. I mean what would you be thinking if you rolled up at your house and some guy you hardly know is playing basketball with your wife?

By the way, she was not Caitlin Clark, but a pretty solid player.
Hood chick?

Friend of mine that lives DIRECTLY across from the Elementary school told me her neighbor lays out on her FRONT porch in a string bikini.

I can't imaging what the after school pick-up moms think when their 4th grader gets in the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank Camacho
What’s the point of caring about these guys? Dude won nothing. Would have been a complete God in Kentucky history, and would have helped start the next phase of Kentucky basketball. And for what? One year and ~$2M difference after taxes what he’s making now?

It hurts because to me, I thought if anyone cared it would be Reed Sheppard. And I wanted to believe he factored all the other things in when making his decision. But no, at the end of the day, he’s no different than Justin f’ing Edwards.
News flash…. We care about UK and college bball WAY more than any of the players, including the KY boys.

I’m glad we got him, even though only 1 year. Was grossly misused (he and Dillingham) but was still a blast to watch. Hope he crushes it in the nba.

Is Jordan Burks still alive? I haven’t seen his name mentioned once about staying or leaving.

Travis Perry is obviously not as good as Reed, but he brings many of the things that we love about Reed. Plus, he'll be here four years. He and Chandler collectively can make up for what we lose in Reed, at least I hope.

I owe you $100, anth. We can still make it a double or nothing with who finishes with a better record, Cubs or Reds. You down?

Sheppard was a tremendous player for us. One of the best guards we have had here, IMO. Gave it his all and was a great teammate.

It is truly a shame he didn’t play on a more successful UK team, but the blame for that falls squarely on one guy, and he works for another team now. Sheppard shouldn’t have to suffer further for that.

Here's one for you guys and I need your advice:

My son was at his friend's house the other day and asked to spend the night. The mom of his buddy texted and asked if I could swing by and drop off a change of clothes and a toothbrush and stuff like that. So I go over there and the mom is outside in the driveway, and my son and his buddy are inside playing video games on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

So I hand the mom his bag and she asks if I want to play basketball. Seemed like an odd question since I was just dropping stuff off, I assumed this meant get the boys outside to play some basketball on a nice day, so I said "uh yeah, sure". Turns out she wasn't referring to the boys. She just wanted to play some one-on-one. So we start playing basketball - meanwhile, every so often I yell through the screen door at my son to get him and his buddy out there to no avail.

But here's where it gets uncomfortable, about 10 minutes into the game the husband drives up. And there I am, just playing one-on-one basketball with his wife. I mean what would you be thinking if you rolled up at your house and some guy you hardly know is playing basketball with your wife?

By the way, she was not Caitlin Clark, but a pretty solid player.
Omg early season favorite for most interesting/non boring post in new GYERO.

*Who can blame him? Even with another good year, would he actually be drafter high than he will be this year?

I know I wouldn't advise my son to return knowing there may not be a single player on this years team he played with last season.

*Matt Winn's for dinner tonight. Looking forward to seeing the progress that's been made as 150 approaches.

*If you have AT&T, you may want to look at a credit report. CHASE sent me a notification my SSN was found on the Dark Web due to a security breach at AT&T. It affects both current and former customers. Awesome!

*Heading back to PRP Saturday to catch a game. Lexington Catholic, coached by Scott Downs, is coming to the south side. Pumped to see him and a bunch of other old teammates.

Pope stood in the blasted glare of his kitchen, surveying the wreckage of what was once a glorious three-tiered chocolate cake, now a sagging monument to decay. The frosting, once sleek and inviting, had mutated into a crusty, faded mockery, the color of dried blood under a cheap motel lamp. Below, the sponge bore the unmistakable scars of mold—vivid blue-green splotches, like psychedelic bruises. With a resigned grimace, he chucked the whole grotesque scene into the garbage, the sound of the platter hitting the bin's bottom echoing like a shot in the void.

Soon, the kitchen counter was a war zone of ingredients—flour like cocaine dust on a back alley floor, sugar grains that glittered with a deceptive innocence, eggs lined up like bullets, and vanilla extract whispering sweet nothings of better days. The mixer kicked on, growling like a beast as it churned the concoction into a silky batter, the noise filling the room with a mechanical madness. With every spin, Pope's mood lifted, twisted from despair to a manic thrill.

The smell of baking cake soon invaded the house, a narcotic cloud of sweetness that could choke a lesser man. As the timer snapped its finish, Pope yanked the oven door open and pulled out the reborn cake—golden-brown and radiating a heat that promised redemption. The kitchen, once a crime scene of culinary disaster, now buzzed with the energy of a comeback. Pope eyed the cake, now a blank canvas in a world gone mad, and plotted its transformation with swirls of buttercream and a riot of sprinkles, each a declaration of renewal from the sordid past to a crazed, hopeful future.

- Nothing but love for Reed. Boomerang back to Cal bile bubbling up in my gut, though. MFer wasted two years of Tshiebwe (NPOY) and Dillingham/Shep. Unbelievable.

- Do enjoy the irony of Jeff Sheppard bitching about one-and-done culture years back only to have his son do it.

It would have been legit parental abuse to have him come back and play for Cal once again next year, but at least Mark Pope gave us something to be hopeful about.

Oh well. He's now my favorite NBA player ever.

Fingers crossed he ends up in San Antonio. That would be amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT