ADVERTISEMENT

Goose Called It

WayneDougan

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
If you all listened to the game on the radio, a few minutes before the tip Goose said he was really concerned about this game. He said he thought UNCW was really good and that they probably overlooked their last game whereas we may be on a high from Miami.

I haven't been a Cal fan since the Maxey season - and even that was a little rough. But I really feel like this one wasn't so much on Cal (other than poor lack of adjustments on D). We just had 1/2 of our team play like garbage.

If you all listened to the game on the radio, a few minutes before the tip Goose said he was really concerned about this game. He said he thought UNCW was really good and that they probably overlooked their last game whereas we may be on a high from Miami.

I haven't been a Cal fan since the Maxey season - and even that was a little rough. But I really feel like this one wasn't so much on Cal (other than poor lack of adjustments on D). We just had 1/2 of our team play like garbage.
I think you are a Cal pumper, despite what you say. Your posts in the last ten minutes reveal the truth on this matter.

This loss is on Cal. He should’ve reigned Edwards and Dillingham back and adjusted his offense to get Reed and Reeves more looks. He also should’ve utilized Mitchel on the perimeter, like he has all season thus far, instead of trying to force him to be a back to the basket player this game.

Cal’s game plan for this game was way off and he failed to make critical adjustments during the game, again.

This loss is on Cal. He should’ve reigned Edwards and Dillingham back and adjusted his offense to get Reed and Reeves more looks. He also should’ve utilized Mitchel on the perimeter, like he has all season thus far, instead of trying to force him to be a back to the basket player this game.

Cal’s game plan for this game was way off and he failed to make critical adjustments during the game, again.
So if you were the coach you would have complete control over Rob?
Rob being Rob is what gave us a chance against Kansas.
Didn't workout tonight and Cal didn't have DJ.
I thought Mitchell got his regular looks from deep he just wasn't as accurate tonight.
I really don't think it was coaching malpractice to try to establish Tre in the post against a team like Wilmington. It's not like he was asking him to score on a 7 footer.
Don't you think we at least need to attempt to establish a post game or do you think we need to completely sell out to the pick and pop offense from our 5 men?
Modern offense or no modern offense, I just don't see this team playing 5 out and scorching the nets for 6 games in a row to win a title.

It is on Cal,he is the Coach and should have made adjustments like trying a zone. He is so stubborn why do we keep him?

I thought Mitchell got his regular looks from deep he just wasn't as accurate tonight.
I really don't think it was coaching malpractice to try to establish Tre in the post against a team like Wilmington. It's not like he was asking him to score on a 7 footer.
Don't you think we at least need to attempt to establish a post game or do you think we need to completely sell out to the pick and pop offense from our 5 men?
Modern offense or no modern offense, I just don't see this team playing 5 out and scorching the nets for 6 games in a row to win a title.
I know it was his first game but Bradshaw has a long way to go to be a contributor. I was amazed how little footspeed he had.

Cal and his supporters will toss an object as in the game of fetch and many of you simply can't resist chasing after it. Lol

Last edited:
I know it was his first game but Bradshaw has a long way to go to be a contributor. I was amazed how little footspeed he had.
It is really hard to evaluate a player who is playing his first game after foot surgery. There is no doubt that he wasn't playing at full speed. I am sure the kid was concerned about possibly reinjuring himself.

Last edited:
It is really hard to evaluate a player who is playing his first game after foot surgery. There is no doubt that he was he wasn't playing at the speed. I am sure kid was concerned about possibly reinjuring himself.
I cannot dispute your take, we will have to let some games get under his belt to truly see how big a project he is. Nothing wrong with being a two year player.

Reactions: chroix
I really want to believe it's due to injuries, rust, etc.

But there is this simple truth: Calipari has demonstrated the ability to lose to any team, any time and any where - no matter how good his team is.

Yesterday was a cold slap in the face and a reminder that we are never truly safe with Calipari as our coach.

Mitchell was 1-2 from 3 as was reeves. Edwards was 0-5. We took a season low 17 attempts and only 12 attempts from the ones that should be taking them. Play to your strengths and if your strengths aren’t working you adjust. Problem is cal doesn’t know how to adjust, he never has. Our team would actually play better if he just stayed home and watched.

It is the coaches job to have his team ready, there should be no trap games, this is Kentucky and that was UNCW, should not even be a close game.

It’s a very simple formula to the CHC.

The players have won about 840 games for Cal.

Cal has lost about 260 games on his own.

There’s no gray area. The players win in spite of Cal. The players lose because of Cal.

Yes. Goose was right on.

Reactions: dl51344
Please. Cal moved Mitchell into the post in preparation for Bradshaw to take the 4 spot.
Posting up and playing with your back to the basket is not something a player can just do on a whim of a coach just because you are 6'8.
And Mitchell was totally off of his regular game of pick and pop, hitting the open 3, and passing out of the double team to open teammates.
Hmmm........wonder what could have changed to cause that??????

No excuse for losing this game...NONE...This loss rates up there with Evansville, inexcusable..Defense was atrocious..Great teams do not lose at home especially to mid major patsies.
You know nothing if your hate for Cal blinds you to the facts when you don’t play defense you lose if you don’t shot 60% from the field.

Reactions: GoCats53
We go the 5 out we are 1 bad shooting night from Elimination. I hope Bradshaw was rusty and nervous about his foot because he seemed SLOOW and tenative while playing not moving well at all

People marking him as our savior are about to be extremely depressed. That kid has zero bounce, and will not be a difference maker on defense. Better hope Z gets cleared, and is a better option. Also, Cal gets the kid in the game, and immediately starts posting him. The end result is 73 points. We are back on our normal schedule with this moron.

People marking him as our savior are about to be extremely depressed. That kid has zero bounce, and will not be a difference maker on defense. Better hope Z gets cleared, and is a better option. Also, Cal gets the kid in the game, and immediately starts posting him. The end result is 73 points. We are back on our normal schedule with this moron.
So you disagree with posting him?

So you disagree with posting him?

Yeap. It's ancient ass offense, and it doesn't work anymore unless he's absolutely an elite big with his back to the basket. For 1, it clogs the lanes, so we aren't gonna be cutting to the basket to score at the rim now. For 2, we stop running offense for our guards, which are the reason we've been scoring 94 ppg. So then we start settling for long 2's again, I think someone counted we took 17 shots not at the rim or behind the 3 point line. And we only took 17 3's. The end result is your 73 point output. We are right back on schedule with Cal and his dumbass offense.

Yeap. It's ancient ass offense, and it doesn't work anymore unless he's absolutely an elite big with his back to the basket. For 1, it clogs the lanes, so we aren't gonna be cutting to the basket to score at the rim now. For 2, we stop running offense for our guards, which are the reason we've been scoring 94 ppg. So then we start settling for long 2's again, I think someone counted we took 17 shots not at the rim or behind the 3 point line. And we only took 17 3's. The end result is your 73 point output. We are right back on schedule with Cal and his dumbass offense.
The problem is we don't have a 4 like Randle or T. Jones who can score at the rim.
If you play the way you're talking about, you sub a big for Trey and play five out exclusively.
DJ and Rob are streaky.
We know Reeves is absolutely capable of going 1-13.
Calling Justin streaky would be a compliment.
Reed will start to be the focal point of opposing defense very soon.
At this point we are a below average defensive and rebounding team.
I just think it's going to get harder and harder to duplicate the Miami gameplan going forward if we absolutely can't score around the rim.

Reactions: rivercatinfl
I and everybody should have know better, I though cal wouldn’t change the offense with Bradshaw coming back but no. He is forcing post feeds and mucking eveything up. Cal wants these games to be 65-60 every time. I’m gonna give Bradshaw a pass since it’s his first game and he wasn’t in great shape, but he doesn’t appear to be a savior that is going to solve anything really for Kentucky. This teams best chance is the small ball they have been playing and scoring a bunch of points but our coach will play Bradshaw and Mitchell or ugo and Mitchell if ugo comes back and have a post clogging up the lane and ruin everything

I just think it's going to get harder and harder to duplicate the Miami gameplan going forward if we absolutely can't score around the rim

We've been scoring at the rim just fine on backdoor cuts. When you shoot 43% from 3 as a team, teams come out and defend you out to the 3 point line, especially in a 5 out offense. We've been doing those backdoor cuts off the baseline all year. I didnt see any last game because the paint was clogged with 2 bigs standing in it. It's stupid ancient offense getting in the way.

It’s a very simple formula to the CHC.

The players have won about 840 games for Cal.

Cal has lost about 260 games on his own.

There’s no gray area. The players win in spite of Cal. The players lose because of Cal.
Give it a rest Brad. Your shit is getting old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT