ADVERTISEMENT

Goodwin tweet

trav55

Junior
Jun 25, 2005
Yes folks, it’s that time of the year. 😂 Where we dissect tweets by teenagers to hopefully figure out where they’re going to sign on the dotted line!
Anyhow, Goodwin tweeted his final two not long ago. Plenty to dissect. Not sure it matters but hope it does.

He'll be a Cat. And the fella down in Texas with him right now will likely be joining him here.
I sure hope so. Nothing is guaranteed so I won’t go crazy if he chooses MSU but it’ll be a big let down although we should still have a very strong class to be very excited about.

Like I mentioned before he cut his list, MSU was the only visit where aspirations gym ppl went with him. I knew that had significance. Let's just hope us offering those aspirations 8th graders was enough

I'd like to think this wouldn't upset me, but it would if he chose anywhere but Kentucky. I'd like to say I'd be pulling for him and keeping tabs on him if he decides to go somewhere else, but the truth is, I'd be extremely upset about the whole thing and probably not think about him again unless he turned into the best player in the country, was all over the media or something like that. I'd not be mad or anything, I'd just be let down I guess because of how long we've expected to have him. I will be a little honest here though, if he did choose Mich St, I'd pray every year for a bowl game against them just so we could beat them. A little petty I know, but I never did take getting dumped that well. Haha I really hope he does become a Cat and I believe he will, so thankfully I won't have to feel bad about it...

I hate that Michigan State has all this hype, I noticed when they were 7-0 that they had played absolutely nobody. They would go on to finish 3-2 upon playing some good teams.

I’m not saying they’re bad, I am saying that I think the hype is far too much for what Mel Tucker has done.

No doubt the Cats need to lay the smack down on Sparta- and in a big way. By like 39 pts

All I want for Christmas is a 350 pound Nose Tackle from Michigan!!

[And Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Men, yeah, and all that . . . and a 350 pound Nose Tackle from Michigan.]
All I need is this lamp. That is all I need. Uh, and a 350 pound nose tackle. Yeah, this lamp and a 350 pound nose tackle. That is all I need. Oh, and this monster of an offensive tackler. Yeah, that is all I need. This lamp, of course, the nose tackle and a monster of an offensive tackle. Uh, is that a transfer wide receiver?

What makes me the most excited about the future of UK Football is how much of a difference a great class of players will make for the Cats. We were just a few players from 11-1 this year IN THE SEC. Possibly a dozen players from a 12-0 regular season.

This class and the next could put our foot solidly in the door of the SEC Title game. Crazy to think about now, but something I've always thought was possible here since I moved to the area 20 yrs ago. Nothing is guaranteed, and there's hard work between here and there, but to be looking at a possible class with as much potential as we've been looking at this year is unreal.

We need to crank it up!! GO CATS!! GO UK FOOTBALL!!

He'll be a Cat. And the fella down in Texas with him right now will likely be joining him here.
As things stand early this morning, I agree. Looks like Stoops will sign Goodwin and probably Walker too. In the trenches, this class is everything we could hope for. Also very strong at WR and LB. We will soon find out how the rest of the class comes together, but this is a very big day for Stoops and his staff.

First crystal ball flip in for Goodwin to MSU. MSU insider though. Strange that walker is being projected to UK but tide possibly turning for Goodwin. Hopefully it is just smokescreen

First crystal ball flip in for Goodwin to MSU. MSU insider though. Strange that walker is being projected to UK but tide possibly turning for Goodwin. Hopefully it is just smokescreen
Not sure MSU was ever in running for Walker. So, the MSU “insiders” saying he is UK’s and Goodwin leans to MSU is fan speculation.

MSU coming out of left field for Goodwin has to be what a new NIL era. It makes sense for a Bama to be in mix for Goodwin given their winning and NFL pipeline. But MSU and their rich booster has to be part of NIL Package to sway Goodwin

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Not sure MSU was ever in running for Walker. So, the MSU “insiders” saying he is UK’s and Goodwin leans to MSU is fan speculation.
Our insiders are saying it. It’s between you guys and UM and we hate UM so I hope y’all land Walker.

We couldn’t recruit him because we hired his highschool coach in an off the field role for recruiting Detroit, but those coaches can’t go after players they directly coached per the NCAA.

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
I'd like to think this wouldn't upset me, but it would if he chose anywhere but Kentucky. I'd like to say I'd be pulling for him and keeping tabs on him if he decides to go somewhere else, but the truth is, I'd be extremely upset about the whole thing and probably not think about him again unless he turned into the best player in the country, was all over the media or something like that. I'd not be mad or anything, I'd just be let down I guess because of how long we've expected to have him. I will be a little honest here though, if he did choose Mich St, I'd pray every year for a bowl game against them just so we could beat them. A little petty I know, but I never did take getting dumped that well. Haha I really hope he does become a Cat and I believe he will, so thankfully I won't have to feel bad about it...
Kinda brings back memories of the Damon Harris situation.Played is like a fiddle

All I need is this lamp. That is all I need. Uh, and a 350 pound nose tackle. Yeah, this lamp and a 350 pound nose tackle. That is all I need. Oh, and this monster of an offensive tackler. Yeah, that is all I need. This lamp, of course, the nose tackle and a monster of an offensive tackle. Uh, is that a transfer wide receiver?
You “Jerk”!

Over on TOS earlier this morning I saw four (4) CB picks for Walker to UK and one (1) for Goodwin to MSU. Obviously hope the pick for Goodwin is wrong...

Reactions: Nuke99m
I hate that Michigan State has all this hype, I noticed when they were 7-0 that they had played absolutely nobody. They would go on to finish 3-2 upon playing some good teams.

I’m not saying they’re bad, I am saying that I think the hype is far too much for what Mel Tucker has done.
If you inserted the Kentucky where you typed Michigan St. , that's probably what their fans are saying. We started 6-0 and then went 3-3.

Reactions: CGblue
Get used to it. UK and Tucker are gonna be knocking heads more & more frequently.

MSU coming out of left field for Goodwin has to be what a new NIL era. It makes sense for a Bama to be in mix for Goodwin given their winning and NFL pipeline. But MSU and their rich booster has to be part of NIL Package to sway Goodwin

They took the shrewd approach of recruiting aspirations as well as Goodwin. So I suspect you're right that they plan on sticking their nose in more in the future.

Actually, Goodwin won't be announcing until after 8am CT. Same for Walker. Theyre in Texas right now

...and 1 million dollars, delivered to my house monthly-- no make that weekly--by a different swimsuit model each time. ...oh, and yeah, that peace on earth crap about the kids too. Merry Christmas!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT