ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Most Kentucky courses have way too many sand bunkers (and most are poorly designed and implemented).

Agreed. It would be better if more courses here had a links-style approach that created more grass-like bunkers or something.

If the Kentucky Open moves to Louisville, I almost wish the PGA would just make it permanent to Valhalla. What other course would be able to host it there? Of course the PGA pros make Keene Trace look like child's play.

Boone County went to removing a lot of their sand bunkers but their sister course, Lassing Pointe, just underwent renovations to their sand bunkers. They need to worry about drainage and maintaining what they have, not enhancing sand bunkers.

Heard to attend PGA championship you may have to park at expo center, then take shuttle in which is 30 min away? Is there any other options?

Heard to attend PGA championship you may have to park at expo center, then take shuttle in which is 30 min away? Is there any other options?

Find somewhere safe to leave your car and take Uber, I suppose, but good luck grabbing one during peak. Shuttle is a piece of cake, especially w/ gates opening as early as they do. I've been to countless tournaments all over the country and the ease of a shuttle can't be beat unless you simply have to save 10-15 minutes.

Spectators electing to utilize UBER, Lyft, or Z-Trip must be picked up and dropped off at the PGA Championship's Official Rideshare lot located near Valhalla Golf Club. For an efficient Rideshare experience, simply enter “2024 PGA Championship” as the destination in your Rideshare app of choice and your driver will take you to the designated Rideshare lot. Spectators utilizing rideshare will enter and exit the Championship grounds through the Main Spectator Entrance, a short walk from the Official Rideshare lot.

Reactions: LowerLevelSeatA
Agreed. It would be better if more courses here had a links-style approach that created more grass-like bunkers or something.

If the Kentucky Open moves to Louisville, I almost wish the PGA would just make it permanent to Valhalla. What other course would be able to host it there? Of course the PGA pros make Keene Trace look like child's play.

Pros tear up most courses these days, not many tournaments are won at less than -20 or so. Last week, the Byron Nelson was played at a par 71, and Taylor Pendrith won at -23, in fact, unless you were -20 or better, you finished 8th. And a lot of the players at the Nelson have played the Barbasol in the past (Pendrith finished 6th last year at Barbasol, for example).

Would be shocked if Valhalla agreed to host a non major or off PGA event, they just were bought and new owners spent millions, took away equity from older members in the process, closing the course for two weeks or so in prime golf season for an off event would cause riots in the clubhouse.

^^^the pretentiousness of Valhalla would never allow an alternate event, and it would be next to impossible to find a sponsor willing to meet their demand$ to hold such an event there.

^^^the pretentiousness of Valhalla would never allow an alternate event, and it would be next to impossible to find a sponsor willing to meet their demand$ to hold such an event there.
LOL, I would not have put it quite that way, but you're probably about right

You don’t hold another event if you want to keep hosting an elite event. Otherwise, it’s no longer special to come there. Haven’t looked, has PGA committed to any more PGA championships there?

With the PGA of America selling Vallhalla, I highly doubt there is another major/Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup/etc type of event there again.

With the PGA of America selling Vallhalla, I highly doubt there is another major/Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup/etc type of event there again.

PGA is set thru 2031 and Valhalla not listed. RC has their next 4 US sites listed as well.

Things not going well for Josh Teater, missed the cut at the off event in Myrtle Beach, now MC in 9 of 11 PGA events this year, only made $28K :(

I'd like to know where you heard that. I'm a member and have not heard a single mention of that as even a remote possibility.
I am a member as well. And heard it from another member who spends a lot of time in the pro shop.
He swears he has good sources that say a meeting did or is about to happen.

And to tag on to Cole, was actually told it might coincide with Keeneland meets because of Saudi money and Saudi attendance.

Didn't say I believed it, but that member swears there is a possibility.

Reactions: Tskware
I am a member as well. And heard it from another member who spends a lot of time in the pro shop.
He swears he has good sources that say a meeting did or is about to happen.

And to tag on to Cole, was actually told it might coincide with Keeneland meets because of Saudi money and Saudi attendance.

Didn't say I believed it, but that member swears there is a possibility.
You have a message

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT