ADVERTISEMENT

Goals for the rest of the year

PensacolaBlue

Blue Chip Prospect
Nov 26, 2022
Win is a win even if it’s butt ugly. Will go to a bowl for the 8th straight season.

Keep next week to within 3 touchdowns. Avoid injuries.

Squeak out victories against SC and UL.

Finish 4-4 in the SEC with victories over UF, Miss St on the road and a ranked UL team, 8-4 overall.

Go to the Dukes Mayo bowl or similar and hopefully play a big name school

Would be a decent season especially if we won bowl game.

Next year could be rough

Last edited:
We have the ability to go 2-1 the rest of the season. We also have the ability to go 0-3.

If we somehow could beat USC and UL, finishing 8-4/4-4 with all 4 losses to top 20 teams would be a decent season record wise, but also one with a missed opportunity.

Win is a win even if it’s butt ugly. Will go to a bowl for the 8th straight season.

Finish 4-4 in the SEC with victories over UF, Miss St on the road and a ranked UL team, 8-4 overall.

Next year could be rough
I think you nailed it

Reactions: sefleming
I had us 7-5 for the Season so I on pace. After Bama loss need to go 1-1 vs S.C and UL. Maybe beat UL just because it a Rivalry game.

The goal is win out and get to 10 wins.
Come on. Be reasonable. We can be optimistic without being delusional. You can puff your chest out and sound tough, but the reality is we don’t belong on the same field as Alabama. It’s ok. We’ll still play our hardest and give it the ‘ol college try, but we’re not winning that game. Like it or not, our optimism has no bearing on the outcome whatsoever. Yes, the team’s goal is to win next week’s game but as a fan, I’ve seen enough of both teams this year to know what’s going to happen so why pretend?

Last edited:
Come on. Be reasonable. We can be optimistic without being delusional. You can puff your chest out and sound tough, but the reality is we don’t belong on the same field as Alabama. It’s ok. We’ll still play our hardest and give it the ‘ol college try, but we’re not winning that game. Like it or not, our optimism has no bearing on the outcome whatsoever. Yes, the team’s goal is to win next week’s game but as a fan, I’ve seen enough of both teams this year to know what’s going to happen so why pretend?
Did I say we would actually do it?

I said the goal is to win every game. That's always the goal and it's not debatable.

Next year could be rough

The teams goal is to win every game.

As a fan that knows football the best outcome is what you described.

i can easily see us losing all of our remaining games. In fact, I only give us a chance against USC. we haven’t played a great game all year with the exception of the Davis led victory and that was a vey unbalanced game. We have no chance against the Tide and little against Louisville. They are a perfect example of how in college winning begats confidence, enthusiasm and more winning no matter the quality of the opponent. Losing does the opposite. Everyone thought Louisville would be an easy win this year because of the score last year but it was a game that just spiraled in our favor. They were actually a pretty good team that won 8 games, returned a goodly number of contributing players and then upgraded their coaching and roster through the portal. They will be playing at home wanting revenge for the last few years.

I had us 7-5 for the Season so I on pace. After Bama loss need to go 1-1 vs S.C and UL.
You can take your "need" for UK to go 1-1 against South Carolina and Louisville and shove it down your cake hole. Piece of S

• Wow
Reactions: Chuckinden
Interesting factoids after MSU game:
1. Stoops has won 15 of 16 when both teams are unranked and 20-3 in the last 23. That bodes well for USCjr. Not so much the other 2.
2. Ray Davis could become the 11th UK player to rush for 1,000
3. Both Brown and Key are nearing 1,000 receiving yards for career.

Help me out here , what year was it that UK beat #1 ranked LSU at home?

Yeah, still on pace for 8-9 wins (including bowl).

This is a strange year; I don't think anyone predicted Missouri being a top 20-15 caliber team who could give UGA all they wanted.

I also don't think anyone saw UL being what they are. Yeah, you always account for ACC being weaker, but UL has a squad.

I think we all accounted for UGA, UT, and Bama...but Mizz and possibly UL has thrown a wrench into the 9-10 win math.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Yeah, still on pace for 8-9 wins (including bowl).

This is a strange year; I don't think anyone predicted Missouri being a top 20-15 caliber team who could give UGA all they wanted.

I also don't think anyone saw UL being what they are. Yeah, you always account for ACC being weaker, but UL has a squad.

I think we all accounted for UGA, UT, and Bama...but Mizz and possibly UL has thrown a wrench into the 9-10 win math.
Thankfully UF, Miss St, and South Carolina are down.

Reactions: track42

For some reason people don't like to present the whole story on here.

Missouri and UL are better but Florida, sc and msu are pretty below average to average.

It generally works out about the same and you are what your record is.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Oline will have to bring it against UofL. They are a fast, aggressive defense. I think we can use their aggressive nature against them. We have to avoid big negative plays though.

We have the ability to go 2-1 the rest of the season. We also have the ability to go 0-3.

If we somehow could beat USC and UL, finishing 8-4/4-4 with all 4 losses to top 20 teams would be a decent season record wise, but also one with a missed opportunity.
Nah, Mizzou wasn't a missed opportunity, they are just better.
Shouldn't be any question if you watched the Georgia game yesterday..
If UK had lost 17-14 after being up by 14, I'd say missed opportunity.
On the other hand, inferior teams don't go on 38-7 runs to finish the game..

We were winning going into the 4th quarter at home, at night, with a great crowd. That’s a missed opportunity, regardless of Mizzou is a better team.

Not attacking you, but this is such a poor narrative. 20 years ago, we played a down Alabama (4-9), still lost, a down South Carolina (5-7), still lost, and a down Vanderbilt (2-10), still lost.

Winning ‘winnable’ games is the difference between a good season and a crappy season.

Not attacking you, but this is such a poor narrative. 20 years ago, we played a down Alabama (4-9), still lost, a down South Carolina (5-7), still lost, and a down Vanderbilt (2-10), still lost.

Winning ‘winnable’ games is the difference between a good season and a crappy season.
Dude. 20 years ago? We ain’t what we were 20 years ago. This isn’t a relative argument

Missouri impressed me. That fake punt swung the game and Kentucky shriveled. They are well coached and they showed resolve. This is their year to play above their station. In years past it’s been Kentucky. But not this year.

Reactions: aikenite4uk
Missouri impressed me. That fake punt swung the game and Kentucky shriveled.
That play only changed the score from 14-0 to 14-7.

UK scored a td to lead 21-20 late in the 3rd. The fake punt from 2 quarters ago had nothing to do with UK spitting the bit in the 4th.

Reactions: crestcat

Next year could be rough
The goal for the rest of the year is to win and improve. Straightforward.

Reactions: maroon79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT