ADVERTISEMENT

Go look at cbssports.com today

Jan 27, 2023
The name “Kentucky,” is in 5 of the first 15 stories on the page. I know that college basketball coverage on major websites sucks with a low turnover on new stories, but having UK’s name stamped that many times on the basketball front page is pretty impressive. You’d normally only expect that level of media coverage for UNC or DU.

from the story:
(The second-most efficient includes Sheppard but not Dillingham; the other four in that lineup are Bradshaw, Edwards, Reeves and Thiero.)

[my highlight]

Since Bradshaw and Edwards are two favorite targets for the board, will there be a readjustment of opinion here or ignoring what's not liked?

Great article, but the reason we're seeing this is primarily because we are the 1:30p game on CBS Sat. Looked like a great match-up when they picked it, now they're forced to use "feel good" pieces because Musclemouth couldn't blend a group of newcomers into a team.

ESPN gives us extra coverage on Sportscenter and the website when we play on their network too. Its all jaded by $$$.

from the story:
(The second-most efficient includes Sheppard but not Dillingham; the other four in that lineup are Bradshaw, Edwards, Reeves and Thiero.)

[my highlight]

Since Bradshaw and Edwards are two favorite targets for the board, will there be a readjustment of opinion here or ignoring what's not liked?
Absolutely not, I don't care what some efficiency stat says. You could water board me and I'm not going to agree that any lineup that includes Bradshaw AND Edwards is one of our best.

• Love
Reactions: Skyguyb27 and Wonky
Absolutely not, I don't care what some efficiency stat says. You could water board me and I'm not going to agree that any lineup that includes Bradshaw AND Edwards is one of our best.

Can’t love this post enough. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. The inability of people to trust their own damn eyes anymore is really shocking and disturbing. Not just in sports but in every walk of life. Folks just gobble up whatever BS they are fed.

from the story:

[my highlight]

No, just like the plus minus system articles and stats are only relevant when they go along with the narrative.

CBS beats ESPN in every way in terms of college basketball coverage, and I'm not just saying this because of the UK articles today. Their TV coverage just screams classic college hoops to me. I don't know if it's graphics, camera angles, commentators, the classic CBS March Madness coverage, or what, but I'm always happier going into a CBS broadcast of a Kentucky game. Just feels bigger and better.

CBS beats ESPN in every way in terms of college basketball coverage, and I'm not just saying this because of the UK articles today. Their TV coverage just screams classic college hoops to me. I don't know if it's graphics, camera angles, commentators, the classic CBS March Madness coverage, or what, but I'm always happier going into a CBS broadcast of a Kentucky game. Just feels bigger and better.
ESPN games, the screen is cluttered and not appealing. CBS games has the score of the game that’s playing, looks much cleaner. One reason I liked when Cats football played on ESPN plus. They didn’t have all the crap.

Can’t love this post enough. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. The inability of people to trust their own damn eyes anymore is really shocking and disturbing. Not just in sports but in every walk of life. Folks just gobble up whatever BS they are fed.
The real shock is how some people can use statistics to prove a hypothesis and then admonish their use when statistics point against the hypothesis.

I agree that eyes and experience are as important as statistics.

Well today's game is on CBS, so the stories are a form of marketing for it. If we weren't playing on CBS, we might not even be mentioned.

Do some of you guys just see Cal everywhere?
CBS has recently had 2 articles about how he is misusing the roster. Also an article about how we deserve an F grade for the season. It is everywhere. The article graded Kansas an A so??

Their heads are so stuck in numbers they have zero feel for the game. Includes many different sports.

I take back my nice comments about CBS..

Forgot how much I dislike their studio/pre game guys. Seth Davis trying to say Reeves was looking girvthe door in the off season. Bit of a stretch you turd.

I take back my nice comments about CBS..

Forgot how much I dislike their studio/pre game guys. Seth Davis trying to say Reeves was looking girvthe door in the off season. Bit of a stretch you turd.
It's true, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT