Games of Interest this week:

Cats192

All-American
Apr 22, 2011
Hoping for a lot of upsets this week that help our seeding:

Today:
Cinci Vs Kansas
Wake vs UNC

Both unlikely to lose, but would be huge for us if either did.

Tuesday:
Wisconsin @ MN: A lot of the bracket pundits still have them above us. Here's hoping they fall on the road.

Houston @ BYU
BYU is decent, they could potentially knock them off at home.

Wednesday:
Auburn @ Bama. It's a road game. It's a rivalry game. Most of the Pundits have Auburn ahead of us at this point. Go Bama.

Thursday:
AZ @ Oregon State: Oregon State probably isn't good enough. UCLA is worse and almost stole on. I'll be rooting for the road upset.

Friday:
Michigan St. @ Wisconsin: Go Izzo.

Saturday:
Kansas @ Iowa State. This Iowa State team is dangerous at home. I would almost bet the upset here.

UNC @ FSU: IT's a road game against a meh team. UNC probably gets it done. I'll be rooting my tail off for FSU

Auburn @ MSU: MSU is solid. Auburn being on the road, this could be an upset

Arizona @ Oregon: Another road game. Oregon's good enough to do it. f

UT @ Vandy: mentioning it for completeness sake. They'll probably kill Vandy.

Sunday:
Purdue @ Rutgers. Purdue probably coats, but you gotta take these conference road games seriously.

Win the next 4 and two weeks from now this strength of resume narrative will be flipped and it’ll be tough to keep UK off the 1 seed line.

It’s kinda bullshit to me that a close loss to a top 5 team, a road OT loss, and a loss at home with 3 rotation players out is leaving so much doubt about resume. Those aren’t excuses, it’s just what our 3 losses are. They simply are not as bad as some of the metrics make them out to be. And we see that those metrics are driving perception to a significant extent. Fair or unfair, there’s questions lingering if our record is telling the whole story. Ok I’ll play that game. This team could easily be 12-5 right now I’ll concede that, but the other side of that coin is that it’s just as easy to say UK could be 16-1.

So take care of business and we’re sitting at 18-3 two weeks from now, nobody serious will be saying anything other than “UK is a top 5 team” with no qualification or equivocation added to that statement.

Reactions: fospear and Cats192
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT