ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Thread!!!!!! Go Cats

Make that 4 turnovers to 1
TO's beat us. The prevent defense did not help. My biggest disappointment was the continued jawing by our players. B. Brown had a really good game with two exceptions, fumble loss, and jacking his jaw. His mouthy attitude is an embrassment to BBN. He needs to grow up and learn how to act like he has been there before. There is no class in a team that is constantly jacking their jaw. Stoops not changing this behavior is a horrible reflection on him. A team that is not disciplined seems to reap karma more than teams that are. we are NOT. Until we are, not much will ever change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Girthang
In an odd sorta way, this was mirror opposite to the Governors Bowl. We lead most the way. They kinda come back. We make God awful TO’s. We defend loosely or just plain exhausted & it bites our ass in the end. We have them every opportunity in the 4th and they capitalized (via talent on their part or exhaustion/coaching on ours)

I’m just pi$$ed & RD certainly doesn’t deserve to exit in this manner! 😡😡😡

Reactions: bbncal02
You keep Clemson under 13 points the 1st 3Q by not playing soft, then you go soft and make a HORRIBLE red zone offense look like miracle workers.

Your offense goes anemic first, and then schizophrenic and turns the ball over 3x in the 4th quarter.

Now that's a clusterfk, and a microcosm of the season really. If we played like we were behind FOR AN ENTIRE FCKING GAME ONE MOTHERFKN TIME under this staff, we'd beat the LIVING SHYTE out of some people. NOT that this coach is capable of thinking that way, but ffs SOMEBODY slap him and TELL HIM that.
Stoops has always been “play not to lose” and it’s infuriating.

I disagree. When you are talking about the quality of a coach, one year doesn’t mean much.
That’s not how this works anymore. Not when you can get players from nearly anywhere with the transfer portal. Teams can be completely transformed in a year.

White will stay because he’s been decent before. But this year is a huge huge dent in his armor.

The officials let Clemson hold literally the entire game. Did they have one holding call?

They called one defensive hold (but called it pass interference). I thought there was one hold called early, but it could have been me yelling that it was holding. Lol. The officials sucked bad, but we still should've played better.

Should've beaten this team by 3 TDs. Just flat out gave it to them.

Queue the excuses from the stools fanboys
Hmmm. Sounds like the loss hurt on December 29th.

A month ago these bowls games were completely meaningless to some fans:

“Bowl games are meaningless now. Now more so with 12 team playoff on the way.
UK basketball is now meaningless to me. Someone told me we play a roundball game, tonight, and I’ll be watching Mizzou/Ohio State.

Reactions: Doodah859
At this point I'm just waiting until 7 pm so I can work on forgetting this disappointment of a season and start thinking that Vandagriff will be the best QB in the nation next year.

• Love
Reactions: Girthang
Football fans in general who were watching this game knew Kentucky would do something to lose this game. It’s a tradition in football to choke at the end when leading most of the game. We can’t shake it.

Reactions: law1127
Defense just said **** it, can’t bail the o out anymore.
Just got back from the game. It was a great game which we could have won. Like every loss this year,turnovers stupid mistakes and questionable coaching at times, did us in. 4 turnovers in 4th quarter, stupid holding call that killed a drive that would have salted away victory. On Clemsons last drive defense was gassed and in disaray. Stoops had 3 time outs,several of us were screaming at him to call one to give D a blow and collect themselves,never happened of course. Ive seen UK lose at least 100 games like this since the 60s ,nothing new. Same SHIT different year.

Just got back from the game. It was a great game which we could have won. Like every loss this year,turnovers stupid mistakes and questionable coaching at times, did us in. 4 turnovers in 4th quarter, stupid holding call that killed a drive that would have salted away victory. On Clemsons last drive defense was gassed and in disaray. Stoops had 3 time outs,several of us were screaming at him to call one to give D a blow and collect themselves,never happened of course. Ive seen UK lose at least 100 games like this since the 60s ,nothing new. Same SHIT different year.
Announcer was asking that too. Why not call a TO? Hope the locker room prize was worth it.

TO's beat us. The prevent defense did not help. My biggest disappointment was the continued jawing by our players. B. Brown had a really good game with two exceptions, fumble loss, and jacking his jaw. His mouthy attitude is an embrassment to BBN. He needs to grow up and learn how to act like he has been there before. There is no class in a team that is constantly jacking their jaw. Stoops not changing this behavior is a horrible reflection on him. A team that is not disciplined seems to reap karma more than teams that are. we are NOT. Until we are, not much will ever change.
The U ran their mouth ALL the time won all the time. The rules were changed because of them. Nothing wrong with showing you care!!

2Nd best in nation. It seems there is a QB in Athens hat is better.
maybe-star-wars.gif

Just got back from the game. It was a great game which we could have won. Like every loss this year,turnovers stupid mistakes and questionable coaching at times, did us in. 4 turnovers in 4th quarter, stupid holding call that killed a drive that would have salted away victory.

Wouldn't have salted away anything, and that's the kind of thinking that makes it hard to get your momentum back. Can't lose your sht over plays like that, and our coach seems to hang his head after those plays. Got.to.be. more disciplined than that.

On Clemsons last drive defense was gassed and in disaray. Stoops had 3 time outs,several of us were screaming at him to call one to give D a blow and collect themselves,never happened of course.

Biggest gripe with this HC, and there's only a few things that really need to be fixed to take it up another notch.

WORST GAME AWARENESS AND CLOCK MANAGEMENT of ANY HC I've ever watched coach. FFS USE YOUR FKNG TIMEOUTS!!! That's why you have them!!!

Reactions: The-Hack
Not being able to stop teams on third and long has been a handicap all year for this team.

Highly competitive game. Sorry it ended the way it did. The defense had the chance to step up and seal it. Just couldnt.

Yep. Because we stop playing our regular D. Every.frkn.time.

Reactions: billoliver40
You're crying harder than usual today
and your being a smartass acting like you have some high ground. If you don’t like what I say don’t respond, but acting like you and some of the others do when they pull “ I told you so” is beyond old, Kentucky just lost another game because of stuff that has hurt them all year

Reactions: bigbluedon
and your being a smartass acting like you have some high ground. If you don’t like what I say don’t respond, but acting like you and some of the others do when they pull “ I told you so” is beyond old, Kentucky just lost another game because of stuff that has hurt them all year
I enjoy your posts especially when your crying about things you don't know... Like the difference in a check down and a screen, difference in zones, etc. but keep pouting

With Walker, Weaver, D’Jack, Hairston and many others returning, along with a Georgia AA at linebacker, our defense might show much improvement next year.
Think our defense has been pretty good altogether but it’s always that 3rd and long that has hurt us for years. I’m staying positive but I’m not sure you can expect that to change because it’s not a personnel issue imo. I’m going to go with Calvin Taylor on this one.

WORST GAME AWARENESS AND CLOCK MANAGEMENT of ANY HC I've ever watched coach. FFS USE YOUR FKNG TIMEOUTS!!! That's why you have them!!!
A friend just texted from Jacksonville: his section of the stadium was apparently chanting “timeout,” at appropriate moments of the last drive.

I did not listen to Leach, but apparently Jeff Pecoro was suggesting a timeout at several points on the final drive.

I watched the game at a Sports Bar. There was a football illiterate who literally did not know who Barrion Brown is, and who seriously asked me in the 3rd Q, if we had any tight ends on the team, after I mentioned we hadn’t thrown to a tight end (yet).

He openly questioned not using the timeouts.

At some point, Marrow or someone needs to do an intervention with Stoops regarding late-half and late game scenarios. Someone else needs to make those decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: ManitouDan
I’m staying positive but I’m not sure you can expect that to change because it’s not a personnel issue imo. I’m going to go with Calvin Taylor on this one.
Hmmm.

I just remembered a late-game scenario where White blitzed a safety, who made contact with the QB, causing an interception: Citrus Bowl, 01-01-22!

Today, we had sacked the QB 7 or 8 times, causing a pick on one pressure, and then drop 8 on 3rd and 18?

Reactions: bluecoon1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT