ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Sports in Negotiations to Hold a New Men’s College Basketball Tournament in Vegas in Late March

I did pay attention to what you said. Your initial statement is, “Fox wouldn't do this unless they counted the beans first.”

Which would seem to imply that they have it figured out. I countered that point and that point only. Lots of people have thought they had it figured out and been wrong.

Now you’ve shifted it to state that you think they are going to be successful, but might not, which is of course true, but a different position than you had initially seemed to take.

Past that I agree with your assessment @Mike-McD . I’m sure they’ve got some gambling entity lined up as a sponsor to make it profitable or they wouldn’t have done it in the first place.
"Would seem to imply" is a very weak statement of opinion about what you think I said. I have now clarified and you're still arguing. I was very clear that companies calculate what they think they will make before they jump in. You're simply giving your own opinion more credibility than you are theirs. You cannot dispute the fact that companies do this. You're just acting like a dog with a bone. Frankly I don't care what you think I meant, the fact is that companies won't just do stuff because it's fun. It's all about money and that was my consistent premise.

"Would seem to imply" is a very weak statement of opinion about what you think I said. I have now clarified and you're still arguing. I was very clear that companies calculate what they think they will make before they jump in. You're simply giving your own opinion more credibility than you are theirs. You cannot dispute the fact that companies do this. You're just acting like a dog with a bone. Frankly I don't care what you think I meant, the fact is that companies won't just do stuff because it's fun. It's all about money and that was my consistent premise.

We agree about the company’s motivation. I’ve stated that multiple times now. That really isn’t ever disputed by anyone in this thread is it?

This ain’t Wikipedia bro. It exists for sharing opinions.

My own reaction: MEH.

Under terms of the proposed arrangement, the top 16 teams in the Big 12, Big East and Big Ten that did not qualify for the NCAA tournament — as ranked by the NET — would be required to play in the Fox event even if they are invited to the NIT.

Required seems a bit odd..

Don’t know if this is true but heard it will be held in El Paso and the Gov is going to give tickets and concession money to illegals to attend. After the games are over they then can just live there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT