ADVERTISEMENT

Forget the Celtics, WCS might be legit at the 4th slot

God I forgot how bad the Knicks were this year until I looked at their team. Nobody averaged more than 5 boards a game besides Carmelo who was out half the year so you could argue that Willie would be the best option. On the other hand, they didn't have crap for a point guard either so you could say Mudiay would be the choice. With him having played overseas this past year, I really can't say I've seen enough of him to make an accurate judgment. But solely from the things that I've read, personally I would have to go with him. They need a distributor and someone who can score. He should be able to give them both. You know....unless he just bombs like he very well could.

Knicks + Mello + Isiah Thomas = Hoooooooorrrrrriiiiiibbbblllleeeeeeeeeeeee.

Willie should go about 8th imo.

Mudiay would be a much better pick at 4.

Maybe he goes for slot 2 but idk if jo is worth the cost to move up. Maybe next years one and the 4 would get them to 1 but that is an awful big price to pay since they are likely to be in the lotto again next year.

Bad slot for them. Maybe he is talking trading back themselves?

Willie is the kind of player that I would trade down to draft. I don't think he's going to be a superstar, but he can be a very solid contributor - especially in the right organization.

If I'm the Knicks, I wouldn't mind trading the 4th for Willie and another piece/pick.

Stars don't play out of position in the NBA.

Thank you.

And Winslow still needs to address that whole issue about being an undersized 3, and only being able to handle and score the ball well with his left hand.

Could be legit, could just as easily be Phil Jackson throwing a smokescreen in order to try and drive up some trade interest for the pick. It does make for a fun five weeks of speculation.

2 comparisons I've seen for Winslow.......Harden and Lance Stephenson.
I think he's closer to Stephenson because Harden has been a scorer since Day 1.
Is he worthy of a Top 5 pick? Depends on your team needs.

I don't see him as being a big scorer at the next level.

Thank you.

And Winslow still needs to address that whole issue about being an undersized 3, and only being able to handle and score the ball well with his left hand.
Winslow is 6'4. He's a 2. That said, they're not taking Winslow over Mudiay/Russell. Or at least they shouldn't.

Reactions: KMKAT
The Crystal Ball predicts: Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, and Winslow all say "No" to the Timberwolves. "And with the 1st pick of the 2015 NBA Draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select Willie Cauley-Stein of the Kentucky Wildcats".

Reactions: Bkocats
Lebron played quite a bit at the 4 and even a little bit of the 5 in Miami, he also plays PG a decent bit when Kyrie goes out.

Magic Johnson replaced Kareem one Finals when Kareem was hurt. I always remember that during discussions about the best player ever.

Magic Johnson replaced Kareem one Finals when Kareem was hurt. I always remember that during discussions about the best player ever.

I honestly believe that if Magic hadn't had to leave the NBA for HIV, he would've been the best player ever.

Lebron did not play the 4 or 5 by "choice" that's for sure. Carmello is not going to play the 4 full time. Sorry, but you're wrong. Carmelo is a "small forward" or a 3 in the NBA. He is not a power forward. Don't give me any "stretch 4" arguments either.

Lebron played it because it was best for the team. (injuries, etc.)

Reactions: Bkocats
Every year before the draft team execs throw all kinds of scenarios out there. Most of these teams have zeroed in on a couple of players already. The Knicks are not seriously considering drafting WCS with the 4th pick when there is a ton of basketball talent in this draft.

Would love to see it happen, but let's be real.

It's impossible to really know if it's good pick or bad pick to pick someone like WCS as a top 4 Pick.

His athleticism potential is very good, but he hasn't shown enough skill in basketball game. However, he did look a lot better at shooting than he was before (freshman, he looked absolutely lost). He's a terrible rebounder at his size and athleticism.

However, a lot of it can improve dramatically. The question is what is Knick's strategy? Short, mid or long term? I don't think WCS is a short term solution.

Other guys are more ready to be a short term solution.

LOL you have no clue if you think Melo can't play the 4. He rebounds really well and is a better defender at the 4. Winslow screams 2/3 but Im not sure if he has the ball handling to be a 2, however he can most definitely guard the 2. He's 6"6 not 6"4

I think we're forgetting what WCS is. We're looking at a cat quick, fast, reasonably good jumper with the hand eye coordination of a superb shot blocker. He'll draft well, just based that. They'll teach him the rest.

Hilarious. Tell me what his profile says: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1975/carmelo-anthony

What is he listed at? (Small Forward) Now since you probably won't read the fine details, I'll help. (It's at the bottom)

"""Anthony returned to primarily playing small forward, which contributed toward his drop from 8.1 rebounds last year to 6.6 this term."""

Ouch.

If he returned to small forward, doesn't that mean he was playing another position like, I don't know, power forward? His primary position may be small forward, but he most certainly plays power forward in certain lineups.

Honestly think LA and NY swap picks and NY gets Okafor. LA needs a guy like Russell/Mudiay more than anything next year and they would be great long term PGs as well. There are some sleepers for late 1st/early 2nd rounders so LA would benefit greatly for that.

NY may sign Rondo.

Willie should not be a top 10 pick but I understand why teams would tKe him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT