ADVERTISEMENT

For those interested in Quinton Baker's recruitment

He decommitted, not dropped. Although he probably got himself dropped due to his bad timing.

Not going to miss him myself. Would rather have some good offensive or defensive linemen..that's what we really need.

I guess the future question will be, do you take legend recruits no matter what or do they have to be very good players? If we get to the point where we do not need every single spot in recruiting in the future it wouldn't bother me to take a Bud Dupree Jr if he wasn't great. But hopefully our depth is where we want it to be by then.

Reactions: WildcatAL77
If those are his only choices it should be Navy hands down. Only decent school on his list. For second place I would like to see him go to Troy and coach Brown. Marshall only wins games by playing the worst schedules in history and Wku has ties to Lville with coach Brohm. Baker is a great kid and I hope it works out that he gets some P5 offers. I can't believe he couldn't play for Purdue, Ind, Ill, wake, Kansas; teams like that. Wherever he ends up I'll be rooting for him.

I have heard that his offer from UK was only a greyshirt type of deal & he wanted a full ride. Would explain the prestige gap between UK & his current offers.

Best of luck to the young man!

My guess is Marshall, they won something like 12 or 13 games last year. They have a great tradition of winning, and WKU throws the ball about 60 times a game, not good for a running back.

Hope the young man has a Big-Time senior season! Dad was a very good UK and SEC back! Sounds like he's a top student, I'd like to see him at Navy.

I have heard that his offer from UK was only a greyshirt type of deal & he wanted a full ride. Would explain the prestige gap between UK & his current offers.

Best of luck to the young man!

No direct knowledge from me, but from my keyboard it looks like N Brown was the behind the Baker offer and once Brown went away, so did his UK offer.

That's my internet deduction, TIFWIW

If I was him at looking at that list I'd be choosing Navy no question.

Really? Navy comes with added years and years of active duty service after football, most likely (unfortunately) while we are still in some form of a war... I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that if it's someone's choice, that they feel compelled to join a branch of the military, but lets not act like Navy being in a few mediocre bowls and being a better football school than Ball State makes Navy a front runner here. Navy (and Army and Air Force) is a different animal, no one chooses Navy because they're a higher profile football school than the recruits other options.

Well I do know that it is not a bad thing career wise to join one of my best friends retired from the baby several years ago after puttin in 22 yrs. He is living nicely off his pension and got a little side job to kill time works 3 days a week.

After my basketball ending injury I wished I had done the same as I would have been retired by now.

Well I do know that it is not a bad thing career wise to join one of my best friends retired from the baby several years ago after puttin in 22 yrs. He is living nicely off his pension and got a little side job to kill time works 3 days a week.

After my basketball ending injury I wished I had done the same as I would have been retired by now.
My buddy joined up straight out of HS, put in his time and he's out, Navy picked up his college education, housing, etc. Good choice for him, wouldn't have been a good choice for me. Just sayin, if it's Navy over the other choices, it's not going to have anything to do with Navy winning a few more games a year.

Really? Navy comes with added years and years of active duty service after football, most likely (unfortunately) while we are still in some form of a war... I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that if it's someone's choice, that they feel compelled to join a branch of the military, but lets not act like Navy being in a few mediocre bowls and being a better football school than Ball State makes Navy a front runner here. Navy (and Army and Air Force) is a different animal, no one chooses Navy because they're a higher profile football school than the recruits other options.

All of what you say is true and that isn't for everyone. But I have a first cousin who grew up about as tough as a kid could in the 50's, but happened to be extremely gifted. He got a West Point appointment, was roommates with Colin Powell, made general before CW. Wife wanted him out so he retired at 44 and enter private industry with connections that has him living on the beach on his estate. Along the way he was Sec. of the Army too. Not bad for a kid who didn't know where his next meal was coming from growing up. Sure he would probably done well anywhere, but the connections he made while at West Point and being a general in the military would be hard to match. It isn't for everyone, but some thrive in it.

All of what you say is true and that isn't for everyone. But I have a first cousin who grew up about as tough as a kid could in the 50's, but happened to be extremely gifted. He got a West Point appointment, was roommates with Colin Powell, made general before CW. Wife wanted him out so he retired at 44 and enter private industry with connections that has him living on the beach on his estate. Along the way he was Sec. of the Army too. Not bad for a kid who didn't know where his next meal was coming from growing up. Sure he would probably done well anywhere, but the connections he made while at West Point and being a general in the military would be hard to match. It isn't for everyone, but some thrive in it.
Did he ever find any WMD's............... Colin didn't.

No, the little woman didn't care for military life and he had already retired by the time all of that took place. If not, it could have been him looking for them instead of Colin because he outranked him when he retired. Him being a country boy who hunted to live he would have been a much better tracker than Colin.

As if that's the most important highlight of Powell's career. Pathetic.

People & their political shots in a sports forum are out of control here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT