ADVERTISEMENT

Football Staff as Recruiters

Snowcats86

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2010
With the addition of Wolford I think Stoops has done a great job at revamping this staff from a recruiting perspective. Loosing Clink, Sumrall and Wolford in a short span really hurt the recruiting prowess but I think Stoops has done a great job restocking the last 2 years.

Marrow - elite recruiter (too many guys to list 🤣)
Wolford- elite recruiter (Walker at UK and tons of 4* & 5* guys at Bama, USC, Illinois, etc.)
Coen- may not recruit a ton of guys but is elite with the few he does & at getting QBs (Barion, Gilmore, Boley, Saunders, Porter, Levis, Vandagriff)
Collins- very underrated good recruiter (Godfrey, Anglin, Marshall, D. Smith, Q. Scott)
Bouleware- has shown to be an elite recruiter in the past. Still pretty new to the staff but has already made an impact (Wilcox, Patterson & Mizell)

To me thats a pretty damn good to group to do the majority of the heavy lifting for reacruiting classes. There is definitley a drop off to the next group of coaches but a few of them do a good job out on the field.

White- not a good recruiter but has landed a few good guys and is a good DC (Fearbry, Matthews, Addison, Durojaiye)
Mike Stoops- still probably too early to tell but mediocre recruiter so far at UK (has been elite in the past at Oklahoma) but been solid with the LBs (J. Brown)
Stewart- pretty bad recruiter but is doing a great job with the dline (A. Smith, A. Stewart, D. Ross, Q. Jones, helped land Wilcox, Gilbert & Walker)
Buffano- Im just not sure what he brings to the table at all. Hes a bad recruiter (only landed A. Stuart & C. Redd) and the safety play has been BAD

Shorts- cant judge him yet since hes so young and only been at UK for like a month but he feels like hes going to end up a very good recruiter. A young guy who played the position really well and helped put Tank Dell in the NFL are all positives.

Overall I feel like this is the best recruiting staff Stoops has had since the days of Sumrall & Clink all on staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News