ADVERTISEMENT

Florida game time announcement?

Tomorrow. There’s a few decent games. Noon on ESPN wouldn’t surprise me. Best hope would be that ESPN2 - 7:30 slot.

Reactions: 23jumpboy
Kentucky at Vandy plus Charlotte at UF = prime time game on ESPN2 the following weekend.

If UK slaughters Candy both teams will be top 25 heading into that matchup.

No way the Deuce passes on that.

Even ESPN isnt “that” stupid.

Kentucky at Vandy plus Charlotte at UF = prime time game on ESPN2 the following weekend.

If UK slaughters Candy both teams will be top 25 heading into that matchup.

No way the Deuce passes on that.

Even ESPN isnt “that” stupid.
It’s announced today, so next game results don’t matter. Occasionally they will do an “either or” but that is usually for which channel, not the time slot.

Reactions: backinky2018
Hope It's an early afternoon game, I have a 4 1/2 hour drive, 2:30 would be great.
You can kiss the SEC on CBS game goodbye. For you it would be that 4:00 SEC Network start but I’d give someone 100-1 odds UK/UF would get thrown there.

Florida's top 25 ranked now, and that means something for when game times are picked. Deserved or not, having that little number by a team name does in fact have an impact on TV viewers, and does in fact play in time scheduling.

Florida beating UT helps our chances at getting a night game for UF. We will be projected to be 4-0 and hosting a ranked 3-1 Florida team. Hoping for primetime ESPN / ESPN2 or SEC.

Gotta love Florida getting the nod for top 25 with one “good” win for the season.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
What time do people start tailgating for noon games? My friends and I are coming down from Chicago and are super bummed about this but we will get there as early as we need to. Will get to Lex on Friday now.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Ever since I’ve been in Kentucky, I’ve never seen a team play more noon games than them. That’s crazy 3-0 going against Florida and the win over UT, they must not like somebody at Kentucky

Reactions: CGblue
It’s September brother.
Late Sept nights can be in the 40s. We usually play Florida early in Sept vs late. Temp can be a difference maker for a team that isn't used to playing under those conditions like UK is.

Late Sept nights can be in the 40s. We usually play Florida early in Sept vs late. Temp can be a difference maker for a team that isn't used to playing under those conditions like UK is.
IDK. I used to live in Jacksonville/grew up in Central KY. Central KY doesn't typically get cold enough (consistently low 30s or below) to make a difference to teams hailing from North Florida until Jan/Feb. September weather in KY impacting the Gators?--not likely.

The whole...."cold weather will impact UF in Lexington" is dubious at best unless we get a freak weather event in the fall. Either way, Gainesville isn't exactly equatorial South America. We're cooler than them, but not by too much this time of year. Even in a night game, temps in the 40s would mean little to Florida teams IMO.

GBB!

IDK. I used to live in Jacksonville/grew up in Central KY. Central KY doesn't typically get cold enough (consistently low 30s or below) to make a difference to teams hailing from North Florida until Jan/Feb. September weather in KY impacting the Gators?--not likely.

The whole...."cold weather will impact UF in Lexington" is dubious at best unless we get a freak weather event in the fall. Either way, Gainesville isn't exactly equatorial South America. We're cooler than them, but not by too much this time of year. Even in a night game, temps in the 40s would mean little to Florida teams IMO.

GBB!
NavyCat that’s what I love about Kentucky, some of these fans are amazing at weather. Like the first game of the season there will be frost the night before another noon kickoff and the field will still be wet and cold 🍺

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
NavyCat that’s what I love about Kentucky, some of these fans are amazing at weather. Like the first game of the season there will be frost the night before another noon kickoff and the field will still be wet and cold 🍺
But don’t forget the humidity in Hattiesburg…. LOL

Sucks, Knoxville was a listless shadow of their 22 team just Sat night but gets rewarded with night game slot

No doubt in my mind UK-Georgia is 3:30 CBS. Isn't it always?

Reactions: The-Hack
Sucks, Knoxville was a listless shadow of their 22 team just Sat night but gets rewarded with night game slot

Quite possibly. A&M and Alabama is the only competition.

We are getting the shaft on game times this season. Three noon games so far. That bites.
Of course the SEC doesn't want poor pitiful Florida playing on a potentially colder night in Lex. Gotta keep the sun out for the suck azz reptiles.
Actually the KO for the EKU game was at 3PM, but I get your point about the day games. As another poster stated, our less than scintillating performances so far this season probably didn't help us in terms of getting the night game time slot.

I guess it depends on how the games go, but UGA already played 1 3:30 game on CBS and have AU at that time on the 30th. Maybe if both are 5-0 but not sure UGA would get back to back games on CBS. I think the prime time ESPN game more likely.

Ply em in Nov - like in the old days. They hated the snow (but still won).
Happy to play them in November, but I wouldn't hold my breath for snow. Late Dec, Jan and Feb?....possibly.

Snow or no snow, the chance of us getting cold enough Fall weather in Lexington to knock UF off their game is kind of slim.

Also, they transition out of hot weather too in North Florida. They don't get snow too much but it does get cool in the Fall and somewhat cold in the winter.

GBB!

GBB!
Lol, people act like Kentucky is in the mid-west. We have the same climate as Alabama and Tenneessee if you run off climate maps made by actual weather experts.

Reactions: backinky2018
To be fair it was a top 10 team and the beat them by 13. Wasn't a fluke.
Agreed but with what Florida has done the last 2 years you would think they would have to do a bit more to get back into the polls. Remains to be seen if TN is as good as advertised or if perhaps overrated some.

While I won’t argue that UK should be ranked and/or that we command total respect when it comes to tv scheduling, I will say I’m very baffled as to putting our game at noon. 4:00 game is Mizz vs Vandy and 7:30 game is UT vs SC.

UK paired with a newly ranked UF team I felt would garner a more prime time slot but I was wrong. I’ve always heard the argument that earlier games favor the road team so here’s hoping we wake up before halftime!

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT