ADVERTISEMENT

FIT.Y.E.R.O. (Meathead, wellness, fitness, diet, exercise) Thread

Come on man, my dad lived there as I was growing up and it was NOTHING special, touch that doobie brother song or whatever shit 70s band wrote that BG song. Lexington SMOKES BG at college age to 30.

BG is the chain restaurant capitol of the world and everyone there LOOKS like that’s exactly how they want it…
Hell, we don't have many options for women down here in southern KY. It's BG or Nashville lol.

-Are you all really arguing hot chick NYC v KY? I mean it's not even close. NYC in a walk. NOW... if you're talking over quality with the southern charm? We'd have a strong case.

-Feel like I'm in a strong groove right now. Weight coming off consistently, not super fast like in the past cuts, but down ~7lbs and 3.5% BF. Mirror test looking good. However, no loses in performance/strength. In fact I'm feeling strong af. May be changing my goals, to give myself more time to reach my ideal BF, this stays the case. If I can get there without sacrificing strength, worth the wait.

-F*ck whoop. Eat healthy, hit my strain goal, in bed, device down, reading a book, asleep at 9:45p... 42% recovery score. At that low I should've had a SEVERAL drinks. Piece of trash.

-- I'm finding that most of the shit we buy is just a gimmick.. someone just trying to become a millionaire selling nonsense. I'm not saying that's Whoop.. but man, it seems everything I buy these days.. I'm questioning if I need it. Everything from supplements, to tech, to my mobile plan. Sometimes I think it's better to just be traditional with life and save your money.

-- Havent been able to lift quite as much as Id like over the last few weeks. The kid seems to like getting up everyday at 4-5am, which is throwing off the entire household (even the dog). I want to reiterate.. if you don't have a wife, kids, or a dog (or any combo of such).. NOW is the time to get into the best shape of your life.

-- Wife really wants to try Ozempic/Wegovy.. and like all wives/women.. I can't talk her out of it, it seems. I told her as long as it's under $300/month, and she looks into some peer reviewed scientific journals and researching this more than just looking at Instagram stories.. then she can do it. She won't. But it's at least my attempt to tell her these things have side affects. I will say though.. after doing my own reading.. it does seem a lot of women are finding this to be the key to what they need. Losing weight is undoubtedly harder for women than it is for men. I read a lot of reviews and stories from women who just cant lose weight.. ether because of hormones, or some other various degree of being a woman (Some of these I get, some I dont)... I'll be the first to proclaim, it's a lot easier being a guy and that certainly goes for image, losing weight, etc.

So while Ozempic is not for me, because I feel like I should EARN the body i want to achieve.. I get that for some people who really struggle to lose weight and hit the gym, it might be worth it. Finding a workout/diet setup for my wife has been near impossible, so if this gets the job done.. so be it I guess. It's either she takes this drug and the side affects.. or she continues to gain weight, and take on the health problems that come with that. Feels like 6 of one, half dozen of the other..

-- I'm finding that most of the shit we buy is just a gimmick.. someone just trying to become a millionaire selling nonsense. I'm not saying that's Whoop.. but man, it seems everything I buy these days.. I'm questioning if I need it. Everything from supplements, to tech, to my mobile plan. Sometimes I think it's better to just be traditional with life and save your money.

-- Havent been able to lift quite as much as Id like over the last few weeks. The kid seems to like getting up everyday at 4-5am, which is throwing off the entire household (even the dog). I want to reiterate.. if you don't have a wife, kids, or a dog (or any combo of such).. NOW is the time to get into the best shape of your life.

-- Wife really wants to try Ozempic/Wegovy.. and like all wives/women.. I can't talk her out of it, it seems. I told her as long as it's under $300/month, and she looks into some peer reviewed scientific journals and researching this more than just looking at Instagram stories.. then she can do it. She won't. But it's at least my attempt to tell her these things have side affects. I will say though.. after doing my own reading.. it does seem a lot of women are finding this to be the key to what they need. Losing weight is undoubtedly harder for women than it is for men. I read a lot of reviews and stories from women who just cant lose weight.. ether because of hormones, or some other various degree of being a woman (Some of these I get, some I dont)... I'll be the first to proclaim, it's a lot easier being a guy and that certainly goes for image, losing weight, etc.

So while Ozempic is not for me, because I feel like I should EARN the body i want to achieve.. I get that for some people who really struggle to lose weight and hit the gym, it might be worth it. Finding a workout/diet setup for my wife has been near impossible, so if this gets the job done.. so be it I guess. It's either she takes this drug and the side affects.. or she continues to gain weight, and take on the health problems that come with that. Feels like 6 of one, half dozen of the other..
Your wife might want to look into what happens when you come off ozempic. Lots of stories of damaged hunger/fullness cues.

Your wife might want to look into what happens when you come off ozempic. Lots of stories of damaged hunger/fullness cues.

Oh I know. I don't believe in those sort of drugs. You can't make that drastic of changes and not have it affect you.

I do think that for a lot of women, the "juice is worth the squeeze" so to speak. Let's say a female just can't go workout and have a very strong diet (for whatever reasons).. then it's either gain weight, deal with the problems of obesity and diabetes, and depression from body image... or, try your hand with Ozempic and the side effects that may come. Believe it or not, that's a lot of the review from women.

Now, you and I would argue... just go to the gym and eat better! But I will say, thats not always as easy for females as it is for us males.

My wife has post-partem depression from her first kid (Most women do), she has body image issues, she feels the need to constantly be around our 1-year old taking up her free time, she's picky with workouts, she still has a bit of long COVID where her taste is off, doesn't have a varied palate to begin with.. Like, losing weight and getting in shape is really stacked against her. Do I think she should pull up her big boy pants and "figure it out" like I do? ABsolutely. But I know that females are built different and I know that shes not likely to change.

So.. if Ozempic helps her drop 30lbs, and shes happy again.. and she may run the risk of some issue down the road, but also save herself from some obesity issues she'd otherwise have... well.. *shrugs*

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

W
Oh I know. I don't believe in those sort of drugs. You can't make that drastic of changes and not have it affect you.

I do think that for a lot of women, the "juice is worth the squeeze" so to speak. Let's say a female just can't go workout and have a very strong diet (for whatever reasons).. then it's either gain weight, deal with the problems of obesity and diabetes, and depression from body image... or, try your hand with Ozempic and the side effects that may come. Believe it or not, that's a lot of the review from women.

Now, you and I would argue... just go to the gym and eat better! But I will say, thats not always as easy for females as it is for us males.

My wife has post-partem depression from her first kid (Most women do), she has body image issues, she feels the need to constantly be around our 1-year old taking up her free time, she's picky with workouts, she still has a bit of long COVID where her taste is off, doesn't have a varied palate to begin with.. Like, losing weight and getting in shape is really stacked against her. Do I think she should pull up her big boy pants and "figure it out" like I do? ABsolutely. But I know that females are built different and I know that shes not likely to change.

So.. if Ozempic helps her drop 30lbs, and shes happy again.. and she may run the risk of some issue down the road, but also save herself from some obesity issues she'd otherwise have... well.. *shrugs*

Women's bodies are designed to hold onto fat for childbearing reasons. I think fat is seen as ''padding'' to protect their reproductive organs. Whereas men are supposed to be ripped to go pack hunt tigers for the tribe lol.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
The MP guys have been talking about them a lot lately. Recent episode on Ozempic Face. Most of the folks seem to favor trizepetide over semaglutide. They go over it in detal in this episode, one of them is actually running a course of triz, and the side effects. In order to avoid MOST of the issues it's just about getting quality foods and hitting your nutritional needs. Which most people on this already have poor diets, so when you cut that down to <1500 calories, they're really in a worse place. No where near enough protein, fat, amino acids, etc. So very important to supplement to get these in and do your best to have a strategy to hit protein goals.

Kind of funny, the need to track your macros is probably more important on the poke or else you're losing weight in areas that are detrimental.

Last edited:
They did another 15 minutes on todays episode - 2336. Sal just started micro-dosing and Justin is about to begin. All say they are doing it because so many clients are on the sauce, they want speak with familiarity on the effects. Both episodes are worth a listen to anyone considering Ozempic or the like.

If I was giving advice to a friend or loved one hell bent on these, I'd first sit down and go over what they can already control in diet, exercise, sleep, etc. If it's still what they want to do, the advice would definitely be the peptide Tirzepitde and not the pharma cocktail, as you have no clue what else they've added to the vial.

Lol. I think they're all doing it because Adam is f*cking ripped now and they're true meatheads that always think the next supplement is going to take them to the next level.

Reactions: CSC81
For the first time in forever, whilst innocently making coffee, the wife slapped me on the ass and said I was looking good… pointed to my obliques and asked where the gut went (most still there, but better). I thanked her for noticing.

1) feels good to know someone close to me is noticing a difference.

2) she should also recognize that there SHOULD be a difference in my appearance after going to the gym religiously 6x week for 2 years. It’s work. Either that or WTF is the point after 2 years of torture.

For me, being that my numbers (sugar / A1C) and BP are down and my gut biome is 80% back to normal…Either way, I’ll take it.

Arms are swole.

-Are you all really arguing hot chick NYC v KY? I mean it's not even close. NYC in a walk. NOW... if you're talking over quality with the southern charm? We'd have a strong case.

-Feel like I'm in a strong groove right now. Weight coming off consistently, not super fast like in the past cuts, but down ~7lbs and 3.5% BF. Mirror test looking good. However, no loses in performance/strength. In fact I'm feeling strong af. May be changing my goals, to give myself more time to reach my ideal BF, this stays the case. If I can get there without sacrificing strength, worth the wait.

-F*ck whoop. Eat healthy, hit my strain goal, in bed, device down, reading a book, asleep at 9:45p... 42% recovery score. At that low I should've had a SEVERAL drinks. Piece of trash.
Eating healthy is my biggest problem. I hit and miss on that. I still like to have my deserts, pizza, and burgers with fries, but have cut back on portion size and will skip some days. Did not do that in the past and have gone from 230 Jan 2022 to 204 this morning. Yeah, slow but down is better than up. Goal is 185-190 range.

As far as women NY vs KY? I married a New York girl and mine is a small sample size, but NY wins. I will go with that. I have too to keep her happy.

Would she be amenable to working with a trainer? Having accountability plus the empowerment that comes with your knowledge base increasing with each session. She would be doing the work but it also feels “special”.

Reactions: anthonys735
That's close but not quite accurate. Here's exactly what I'm trying to say on this topic. Any international city (NYC, London, LA, Miami, Tokyo, etc) has an influx of absolute smoke shows (celebrities, models, IG sloots, and whatnot) that no one else can compete with. If you get past that, I'll take the talent in the urban triangle of Kentucky (and a lot of other places in Middle America) as having better non-celebrity talent than NYC.

Maybe a better way of saying what I mean is this. If you're a man who is among the most prized in the world -- i.e., a professional athlete, billionaire, whatever -- then you're going to want to go hunting for a spouse in the rarified air of an international city. For the rest of us schlepps, the talent here is insane. And thank God for it.

* On Ozempic, etc. My wife is on that shit so I have some knowledge. Everything she describes to me about it just sounds like being a man, tbh. She raves about the ability to skip lunch on occasion without thinking about it, not having food cravings, and just being better about following through with a diet.

To be honest, I find the whole goddamn thing ridiculous. She's doing what she's supposed to do -- following a reasonable workout routine, eating a balanced diet, etc. -- and getting great results. I would have strongly preferred she simply do the basics without the drugs to see what was possible.

It makes absolutely no sense to me to get on some drug that costs a fortune, we don't know the long term consequences of, gives every impression of being too good to be true and therefore there is a huge catch coming, and doesn't even work unless you follow through with the proper behavior.

WHY NOT JUST TRY THE GOOD BEHAVIOR IN THE FIRST PLACE WITHOUT GETTING ON A DRUG? DOES THAT NOT SEEM UTTERLY STUPID TO ANYONE ELSE?

Would she be amenable to working with a trainer? Having accountability plus the empowerment that comes with your knowledge base increasing with each session. She would be doing the work but it also feels “special”.

That's another thing.. the way she likes to workout is VERY particular. She wants it to be in a class, but she wants someone to go with her. The classes need to be specific (basically Metabolic) She doesn't want to just do cardio, and for whatever reason, she doesn't think she can just come up with her own workout plan, even to the point that I can't convince her to just use the circuit machines, which tell you exactly what to do.

It's a real struggle, like most things with being married lol.

If someone is going to be THAT picky with their workouts, then maybe Ozempic is the best idea for them.

That's close but not quite accurate. Here's exactly what I'm trying to say on this topic. Any international city (NYC, London, LA, Miami, Tokyo, etc) has an influx of absolute smoke shows (celebrities, models, IG sloots, and whatnot) that no one else can compete with. If you get past that, I'll take the talent in the urban triangle of Kentucky (and a lot of other places in Middle America) as having better non-celebrity talent than NYC.

Maybe a better way of saying what I mean is this. If you're a man who is among the most prized in the world -- i.e., a professional athlete, billionaire, whatever -- then you're going to want to go hunting for a spouse in the rarified air of an international city. For the rest of us schlepps, the talent here is insane. And thank God for it.

* On Ozempic, etc. My wife is on that shit so I have some knowledge. Everything she describes to me about it just sounds like being a man, tbh. She raves about the ability to skip lunch on occasion without thinking about it, not having food cravings, and just being better about following through with a diet.

To be honest, I find the whole goddamn thing ridiculous. She's doing what she's supposed to do -- following a reasonable workout routine, eating a balanced diet, etc. -- and getting great results. I would have strongly preferred she simply do the basics without the drugs to see what was possible.

It makes absolutely no sense to me to get on some drug that costs a fortune, we don't know the long term consequences of, gives every impression of being too good to be true and therefore there is a huge catch coming, and doesn't even work unless you follow through with the proper behavior.

WHY NOT JUST TRY THE GOOD BEHAVIOR IN THE FIRST PLACE WITHOUT GETTING ON A DRUG? DOES THAT NOT SEEM UTTERLY STUPID TO ANYONE ELSE?

Because modern women are next to useless.

But that's for another Paddock thread.. lol.

You've got several modern women who post in this thread and whom are sure as hell not useless.

Might want to rephrase that one, bubbers.

Modern as in, under 40. And I'll stand by that till the day I die. Society has social norms have ruined them.

I’d say much of the discussion of amount of beauties in a given area really is only a discussion for the informed. Passing through a city on a vacation is not even remotely an accurate assessment. Having lived for extended periods in both KY and NYC I can say from a day in and day out observation it isn’t close purely from volume. There are beautiful people everywhere, but there is a pressure in cities with models and celebrities for even average people to step it up in fitness and grooming. It’s one thing to see it on instagram but there’s a whole level to standing next to one of these unicorns on the train. With so many nationalities intermingling there will be lots of exotic beauty produced. Something you won’t see as often in a 80% white state…lol

Reactions: warrior-cat
Wait, is there a little Pretzel on its way?
Yep, baking away and making me tired as hell. I felt better for about two weeks and he must be going through a growth spurt, I've been WRECKED. I managed a short upper body lift last night and felt unreasonably proud of myself, but hey, trying to make sure this kid grows up with a mom with giant triceps.

@LineSkiCat14 - I'm going to do you a favor and not tear you a new asshole as a not-worthless 35 year old woman who is still stronger than you even pregnant (oh, whoops...) and say this instead - has your wife had a full hormone panel done? If she has levels indicative of PCOS, metformin might be as helpful as Ozempic/Mounjaro. She probably needs a full thyroid panel (TSH, T4, and thyroid antibodies) to rule out hypothyroid, which is super common and can get fired up postpartum. If she's within a year of having a kid, I'd be surprised if a doc Rx'd a semaglutide unless she's got bloodwork showing pre-diabetes, etc., but tbh, there's docs out there who will Rx anything, so who knows.

My husband did Mounjaro for 15 weeks and dropped a shitload of weight. His blood glucose and A1C had crept up, and he knew he needed help digging out of the hole. He stayed on a low dose and it helped him a ton. He hasn't put the weight back on since he stopped, but he's maintained a lot of the better eating/exercise habits he established while on the meds. I'm all for the weight loss injectables to help people who have metabolic/hormonal barriers who make it hellacious for them to manage weight solely with the good habits that work for those of us without shitty thyroids, etc., but the effects will NOT last if the patient isn't ready to do the emotional work to establish those good habits with the help of medication.

Is middle america every non coastal area? lol

• Haha
Reactions: UK-chulo
Just saw McDonalds is going to be offering a $5 “meal” deal.

McDouble, small fry, 4 piece nugget and small drink (assuming Coke for purposes of the calculation).

That’s 950 estimated calories.

The vast, vast majority of Americans do not need to be consuming 950 calories in a meal. Yet that’s probably going to have a material impact on McDonald’s revenue.

2,000 calories is much more than most people need given todays lifestyles. Need to do a better job teaching kids calories are energy.

Edit: and I know 950 is on the low side me of McDonalds “meals”. Just saw the article.

I guess the females here aren't the ones I know in my personal life. And that certainly may be true.

But if society loves to say "men aren't the same as they used to be".. then that applies to women as well..

Edit: lmfao at being told not to talk about women in a certain way, and then in the same sentence being told I'm not as strong as my wife. Nice double standard.

Reactions: Crystalglass
-Pretzel's husband was also really into lifting so I assume he has a solid knowledge of proper diet and workout. Perfect for him or for morbidly obese people. It's not great for people that won't change their habits and are happy starving themselves with just limiting the same shit diet.

Great call on the blood panel.

-2000 is fine for a normal sedentary adult but active folks like us need more. All calories aren't equal.

I'm a big proponent of regular bloodwork for everybody. It's going to tell on you if your eating habits have gone to garbage. But as anth implies, what the panels show can't be an excuse, just valuable information to use to attack a given medical issue, including weight. If I have a perfect thyroid and balanced hormones but none of my pants fit, that's probably a diet/exercise discipline + knowledge gap issue, but if my thyroid is about to go kaput, that's a red flag to get thee to an endocrinologist to start Synthroid and attack the metabolic issue alongside the diet concerns.

also re: the calories aren't equal thing, agree entirely - and that's a person-to-person thing. My husband does REALLY well on a keto/intermittent fasting type diet, but a lot of women do not, because those dieting styles can have detrimental impacts on lady hormones. Again, education is power. A qualified/licensed dietician (not nutritionist, those terms aren't interchangeable) can be incredibly helpful.

Just saw McDonalds is going to be offering a $5 “meal” deal.

McDouble, small fry, 4 piece nugget and small drink (assuming Coke for purposes of the calculation).

That’s 950 estimated calories.

The vast, vast majority of Americans do not need to be consuming 950 calories in a meal. Yet that’s probably going to have a material impact on McDonald’s revenue.

2,000 calories is much more than most people need given todays lifestyles. Need to do a better job teaching kids calories are energy.

Edit: and I know 950 is on the low side me of McDonalds “meals”. Just saw the article.
For women, sure. Men need 2000 calories just for existing. TDEE and such.

Reactions: anthonys735
-Pretzel's husband was also really into lifting so I assume he has a solid knowledge of proper diet and workout. Perfect for him or for morbidly obese people. It's not great for people that won't change their habits and are happy starving themselves with just limiting the same shit diet.

-2000 is fine for a normal sedentary adult but active folks like us need more. All calories aren't equal.
That works too. As long as you dont relapse after the cut. All about building habits.

Yeah, but as you get older (66 now) you still need to back off of the calories even when you have an active lifestyle. I work out (moderate to light heavy) 6 days a week. I maintain my current weight (204) with around 2500 calories a day (go over some days) and can only lose if I drop it to around 2000 a day which for me is hard to do. I will eventually make my goal of 185-190lbs by dropping it, and should be able to maintain then with about 2500.

Just quit drinking alcohol a week and a half ago with the exception of the after-game beer (beer league softball every Tuesday night) so, that should help out as I go along.

Definitely agree however with the "all calories aren't equal" and could probably eat more if I adjusted my menu.

I'm a big proponent of regular bloodwork for everybody. It's going to tell on you if your eating habits have gone to garbage. But as anth implies, what the panels show can't be an excuse, just valuable information to use to attack a given medical issue, including weight. If I have a perfect thyroid and balanced hormones but none of my pants fit, that's probably a diet/exercise discipline + knowledge gap issue, but if my thyroid is about to go kaput, that's a red flag to get thee to an endocrinologist to start Synthroid and attack the metabolic issue alongside the diet concerns.

also re: the calories aren't equal thing, agree entirely - and that's a person-to-person thing. My husband does REALLY well on a keto/intermittent fasting type diet, but a lot of women do not, because those dieting styles can have detrimental impacts on lady hormones. Again, education is power. A qualified/licensed dietician (not nutritionist, those terms aren't interchangeable) can be incredibly helpful.
Just recently started the intermittent fasting (16-8 eating I'm guessing you mean). Have to find the right hours to fit my workout routine. Good thing I am retired, makes it easier.

I pretty much cut the fasting out. Hard to get all the protein needed in that window.

Your body should adjust to calorie increases if you reverse diet. I've played that low calorie shit too many times and it just ends up stalling out because my body starts to kick back.

Last edited:
I desperately hope this kid lets me eat more than just chicken for protein pretty soon. Food aversions have been no friggin joke and I can't wait 'til I can stomach a bigger variety of foods. Strength has been hanging on, miraculously, but I don't expect that to continue a whole lot longer.

Don’t know what I said about women that was so terrible, looked back most of the page and didn’t see anything. Apologies for any sensibilities hurt.

Don’t know what I said about women that was so terrible, looked back most of the page and didn’t see anything. Apologies for any sensibilities hurt.
Rogue, I didn’t see anything you wrote that was inappropriate. Just a bunch of folks kidding each other.

I’m finally making progress during the past rwo months losing 1/2 pound a week by maintaining approx 300 cal deficit each day, high protein, and lifting 4 or 5 days per week at moderate intensity. Trying to maintain muscle mass with slow rate of weight loss.

This thread has been extremely helpful.

I don’t believe I’ve ever said anyone was ugly unless in total jest. I think you and most the gals I’ve met have been attractive cool chicks.

I said women in KY mostly seem to give up fitness wise after children, that goes for most dudes too, I just hate to see anyone say screw it I’ll just be way overweight forever now, I have children so that’s my excuse.

If we’re talking physical fitness well KY is one of the fattest states in the country meaning it’s one of the fattest places in the world, meaning it’s one of the fattest places in human history.

Those are statistical facts, if people don’t like HOW I said it I’m sorry but it’s just statistics, male or female.

I love women and respect the hell out of them. I talk all the time about being raised by women.

If you can point out a real life scenario where I was EVER rude or mean to a woman I’d like to see it.

Otherwise it’s the internet and people have said some awful shit to me on here but I don’t hold it personally or think if I saw them in the real world that’s what they’d be like. You of all people should know this.

If any of that is untrue honestly let me know and I’ll retract whatever it may be but I don’t think I’ve said anything that was degrading to women in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior-cat
I pretty much cut the fasting out.
Same. The juice for me just isn't worth the squeeze.

My day-to-day is chaotic enough that I often have to fast out of necessity. All I really have the bandwith to track is protein.

For someone who is retired, however, I could see how that might be really helpful, if even just to cut down on the temptation to snack and drink beer all day.

I don’t believe I’ve ever said anyone was ugly unless in total jest. I think you and most the gals I’ve met have been attractive cool chicks.

I said women in KY mostly seem to give up fitness wise after children, that goes for most dudes too, I just hate to see anyone say screw it I’ll just be way overweight forever now, I have children so that’s my excuse.

If we’re talking physical fitness well KY is one of the fattest states in the country meaning it’s one of the fattest places in the world, meaning it’s one of the fattest places in human history.

Those are statistical facts, if people don’t like HOW I said it I’m sorry but it’s just statistics, male or female.

I love women and respect the hell out of them. I talk all the time about being raised by women.

If you can point out a real life scenario where I was EVER rude or mean to a woman I’d like to see it.

Otherwise it’s the internet and people have said some awful shit to me on here but I don’t hold it personally or think if I saw them in the real world that’s what they’d be like. You of all people should know this.

If any of that is untrue honestly let me know and I’ll retract whatever it may be but I don’t think I’ve said anything that was degrading to women in general.
It is unfortunate, but that happens quite often on the internet. It is hard to gauge language when not face to face and in today's over sensitive society, it doesn't take much to offend.

You are correct about the overall health condition of Kentucky, but that is all over this country. Processed and fast foods have been quietly (until recently) fattening up the country.

Same. The juice for me just isn't worth the squeeze.

My day-to-day is chaotic enough that I often have to fast out of necessity. All I really have the bandwith to track is protein.

For someone who is retired, however, I could see how that might be really helpful, if even just to cut down on the temptation to snack and drink beer all day.
Snacking is the big one for me as I love chocolates and deserts. Being retired does have that problem, however, where I worked my last 8 years was in an office where everyone either brought in snacks, cookies, cakes, candy, and ordered out lunch a lot. That is where I ballooned up to 230 and I am 5'9".

Since retiring I have slowly been taking it down. It does help that I work out 6 days a week (mornings), play softball in men's and coed leagues twice a week (seasonal), teach karate two times a week, fish at least one time a week, and do the house cleaning and yard work so...it helps.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT