ADVERTISEMENT

FIT.Y.E.R.O. (Meathead, wellness, fitness, diet, exercise) Thread

I think orange sucks. Stay away.

Raspberry and Citrus are the two I like. I know some people love the chocolate in their coffee. Just order a variety pack.

WS and Bonz are both re-lyte fans. It's a bit cheaper.

Reactions: UK-chulo
Day 10 of three to five grams of Creatine Monohydrate (Bulk Supplemenrs gad a great deal) every day.

I feel like it's still gonna take another week or two to even see results.. but I've had zero issues so far. No changes in digestion, no weird side affects. I love how cheap it is, too, for such a worthwhile supplement.

I did notice some of my lifts the last few days seemed to go heavy.. but I think that was placebo affect. 180lb isolateral plate incline press.. 240lb chest machine press.. 110lb peck deck.. kind of a "machine" day that session, different gym and it's always packed. Just stuck to the basics. But it sure felt better.

Sauna is closed at my other gym location for renovation.. but went in tonight for cardio and checked it out.. all brand new cedar. Smells fantastic. I'm dying for it to reopen.

I once made @B.B.d.K. an LMNT to help fight a hangover and he said it tastes like he was licking his sweaty bald head. 😂 I have to agree.

The re-lyte is better to me. I like watermelon lime. I see there’s a unflavored version and I may try that next. But I would assume it tastes salty. The raspberry mango is alright for the “boost” version. (I don’t drink coffee.) Maybe lemon-lime is okay, but I don’t like that kinda flavoring.

I once made @B.B.d.K. an LMNT to help fight a hangover and he said it tastes like he was licking his sweaty bald head. 😂 I have to agree.

The re-lyte is better to me. I like watermelon lime. I see there’s a unflavored version and I may try that next. But I would assume it tastes salty. The raspberry mango is alright for the “boost” version. (I don’t drink coffee.) Maybe lemon-lime is okay, but I don’t like that kinda flavoring.
Someone gave me a LMNT that had some kind of pepper flavoring. That combined with the saltiness kept me from trying any other flavors. Have to get a variety pack. Maybe try re-lyte too. Liquid IV is so good but full of sweeteners.

Reactions: anthonys735
-back shredder yesterday.

Seated Incline Rope Pullovers. New exercise. Brutal.
Chest supported 60# dumbbell rows
Straight arm cable push downs
75# db overhead press

Going heavy, somewhat lower reps.
Back this am, going to put a few of those in the rotation. Worship the incline rope pullover. Hits the lats with a ROM no dumbbell quite can.

- I like LMNT for convenience when traveling, as they come in individually wrapped packets. Watermelon salt or Citrus. Re-Lyte for daily use - strawberry lemonade.

- Now that my outdoor oasis is open for business, a ton of meal prep will be made there on weekends. Got a new Weber pellet smoker and slow roasted 8 chicken breasts and a 3# salmon Sunday evening with one (1) old fashioned. Pretty relaxing end to the week.

May be in the minority but cold salmon with a little honey drizzled over it for breakfast is the WAF.

- Already cutting rice and sweet taters out, @anthonys735 ? 10 weeks to the finish line, that’s gonna be one hell of a low-carb run.

- Weighed in at 188, 153# muscle mass & 14% BF to start the cut on a Tanita machine. Going for sub 10% while maintaining or hopefully building on that mass.

Will get a hydrostatic reading done at the end of the cut to for a more accurate diagnosis.

I've had the spicy LMNT and it's great. Spicy drinks like that are amazing to me. There's a Cayenne Cleanse Kombucha I drink once or twice a week (it's not exactly cheap) and it's fantastic. There's something weirdly refreshing about some of these turmeric/cayenne/spicy lemon type drinks.. and almost all of them are low in calories because they arent using a sugary foundation for taste.

A lot of people scoff at these, but have no problem drinking a spicy margaritas (or alcohol in general).. kind of funny to me.

Reactions: roguemocha
My 10 month old just got her first cold and it just dawned on me: I'm about to be in a sick ward for probably the next 15 years of my life.

Anyone have a daily supp recommendation for this? I'm reading Vitamin D and Zinc help. And I've found some supplemts that seemed designed for combating this. Thoughts and recommendations? It's probably unavoidable at times, but if I can dodge even just one cold a year, it's worth it to take a pill.

Live Conscious Magwell Magnesium Zinc & Vitamin D3 - Magnesium Glycinate, Malate, & Citrate - Triple Supplement for Women & Men - for Sleep, Bone, Heart, Immune Support - 120 Caps https://a.co/d/06aHOcF

https://a.co/d/06aHOcF

Anth got that old man strength kicking in!

Nice work, sir.

I would love to see a reboot of the GYEROlympics and see how bad the dudes who keep after it crush the dudes who don’t 15 years after the first one.

My 10 month old just got her first cold and it just dawned on me: I'm about to be in a sick ward for probably the next 15 years of my life.

Anyone have a daily supp recommendation for this? I'm reading Vitamin D and Zinc help. And I've found some supplemts that seemed designed for combating this. Thoughts and recommendations? It's probably unavoidable at times, but if I can dodge even just one cold a year, it's worth it to take a pill.

Live Conscious Magwell Magnesium Zinc & Vitamin D3 - Magnesium Glycinate, Malate, & Citrate - Triple Supplement for Women & Men - for Sleep, Bone, Heart, Immune Support - 120 Caps https://a.co/d/06aHOcF

https://a.co/d/06aHOcF
I have a 15 yr old. Just embrace the viruses. Honestly after the first couple of yrs of going thru the waves, colds stomach viruses flu strep sinus infections, your immune system warms up and it hasn't been that bad. Can't hide from it.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Best flavor of LMNT?
The one you like the most usually… 😉, grapefruit or citrus for me.

Although I could easily see myself ordering magnesium powder and sodium chloride to just put on the cheap, I don’t need the flavor.

I do REALLY like it in the morning before coffee like anth said. I just make it the night before and have it waiting beside to smash and then wake back up 20-40 mins later and simply turn on the stove to make the coffee that’s prepped.
Will get a hydrostatic reading done at the end of the cut to for a more accurate diagnosis.
Where do you do the hydrostatic reading done?

-Brought #3 diced chicken #2 cooked black beans along with my traditional dessert of low fat or no fat Greek yogurt, PB powder, blueberries and honey. Saved a TON of wasteful calories by having those snacks and not picking up ice cream a few nights since I had dessert at home.

Hit the gym 2/3 days, 3rd I went for a mile beach run with the pup.

Ate nothing but fish and sushi otherwise.

Reactions: CSC81
I bought a cheap air fryer and put it at the office. I get quarter size aluminum foil cooking pans with lids and use those as meal prep containers. Straight in the air fryer, let it cool, eat, and then chuck the container, too. Beats the dog piss out of the microwave and toting tupperwave back and forth from the damn office every day.

I got a 92% recovery score from Whoop last night, it is the weekend, and I'm getting to enjoy a beautiful Kentucky morning sun by myself before my wife gets up. Day One of the Mark Pope Era is starting off very well.
I'll never use a microwave again after air frying. Idk who made those but he deserves a nobel peace.

Totally get this but I’m not heating every meal prep in an air fryer, microwaving them is way quicker and there’s no air fryer at work lol.

I think you stick with the microwave for purely classic microwave meals.. lean cuisine and hot pockets. And for as you said, reheating precooked meals.

But anything else, and the airfryer isn't taking all that much longer.. airfryer meals in the grocery freezer don't take long. Reheating takes minutes. Cubed raw chicken takes 10min. No preheating, not a whole lot of cleanup. Most microwave meals have airfryer instructions now.

I'm lazy, I don't always want to preheat an oven for 10 min, prepare the meal, and then wait 18 to 20 min.. but you can find a heck of a lot of easy airfryer meals that you sort of just dump and go. And it all tastes SO much better than anything in the microwave. Man so much microwave shit tastes bad. Leftovers that are scolding on the outside and frozen on the inside, etc.

It's probably the one purchase my wife made in the last 5 years that was actually worth while lol. Took me a whole, but I came around on it, and not it never leaves the counter, because we probably use it at least once a day.

I think you stick with the microwave for purely classic microwave meals.. lean cuisine and hot pockets. And for as you said, reheating precooked meals.

But anything else, and the airfryer isn't taking all that much longer.. airfryer meals in the grocery freezer don't take long. Reheating takes minutes. Cubed raw chicken takes 10min. No preheating, not a whole lot of cleanup. Most microwave meals have airfryer instructions now.

I'm lazy, I don't always want to preheat an oven for 10 min, prepare the meal, and then wait 18 to 20 min.. but you can find a heck of a lot of easy airfryer meals that you sort of just dump and go. And it all tastes SO much better than anything in the microwave. Man so much microwave shit tastes bad. Leftovers that are scolding on the outside and frozen on the inside, etc.

It's probably the one purchase my wife made in the last 5 years that was actually worth while lol. Took me a whole, but I came around on it, and not it never leaves the counter, because we probably use it at least once a day.
Microwave food makes me sick. Can’t do it. Hot pockets are also crispy like an oven in the air fryer. In the microwave they’re gooey.

If you eat hot pockets these days GTFO of this thread 😂 kidding, I think they’re disgusting though personally. I don’t eat grocery meals or anything, I make it all one or 2 days a week.

Lean cuisine and all that is gross too, I mean, better than other things obviously but I’d honestly rather eat black beans/sweet potatoes, a fruit and/or green with protein every meal of the week than those either, which is what I do.

I’m pretty basic though, I don’t care much about taste when I’m eating my homemade food. S, P and butter is all I cook with and just fine with the taste but will add hot sauce or Dijon mustard or a sugar free vinaigrette if it needs flavor.

Unless I’m eating out, food is literally just macros to me. Same with pres or proteins, I laugh at reviews that are like great product terrible taste…

I’m like you drink it for 5 seconds, who cares? But I repeat myself.

Reactions: fatguy87
Creatine

If you’re still curious about creatine here’s a really good short video about it.

Shorts:
*.1 grams per kilo of BW.
*Post workout is best but close to workout is better than not close.
*If monohydrate causes bloating try HCL.
*Eat around 50g carbs and 40g protein when taking it to increase insulin spike which an increase uptake by 100%.

Starting point for 12 week cut:
*227 / 23%(which I'm a bit dubious on, should have a better reading Friday without all the water from booze and cheesecake hangovers)
Today, 227 at 20% BF. That seems much more in line with the mirror. Wild that the vacation aftermath affected the scanner to that degree. So that's up like 8lbs muscle YoY. Feel like that is mostly shoulders and back growth.

90# x 4 db pullovers
100# x 4 db bp
100# x 4 db incline press
50# x 4 db fly
BFR DB Skull Crushers
BFR Tri cable pushdowns

Still good energy and strength, so operation caloric deficit and low carb continues. Sauna and plunge every day. Melt it away.

Out of respect for you and not wanting to get my ass kicked by Tony, 🤐.

But dammit, Sloot…

• Haha
Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Not sure I should even be consuming re-lyte regularly with my kidney stone issue. Salt is thought to be a contributing factor to stone formation.

I've posted about this elsewhere but my wife and I currently rent a townhouse at current and I've convinced her to put off looking at houses through at least September (I'm eyeing looking in 2038 or 2039, conservatively). Anyway, we peeped the complex gym for the first time since she and I started working out. It is generic but has one of those LifeFitness dual pulley pec deck thinga majigges. I played around with it and thought there is something there.

Realistically, I'm only going to live here through fall at latest and will never have regular access to one of those again, but I'd like to experiment with a plan that is primarily or entirely focused on using that machine that my wife and I could follow. Any of you meatheads got any ideas? Needs to be simple. I've only managed to get her to work out for two months straight by using Easy Strength and keeping it short and involving lots of walks.

I use a dual cable pulley machine every single work out. There's an infinite amount of exercises. All the different angles it provides are great. Single arm stuff.

Flys or chest press (neutral, incline, decline)
Straight arm Pulldowns
Rope pull down
Tri extension
Lat pulldown single or double arm
Rope pull throughs
Several differnt row angle
Face pull in a bunch of different variations
Curls in lots of variation
Bench press is a fun one

So many options.

I've posted about this elsewhere but my wife and I currently rent a townhouse at current and I've convinced her to put off looking at houses through at least September (I'm eyeing looking in 2038 or 2039, conservatively). Anyway, we peeped the complex gym for the first time since she and I started working out. It is generic but has one of those LifeFitness dual pulley pec deck thinga majigges. I played around with it and thought there is something there.

Realistically, I'm only going to live here through fall at latest and will never have regular access to one of those again, but I'd like to experiment with a plan that is primarily or entirely focused on using that machine that my wife and I could follow. Any of you meatheads got any ideas? Needs to be simple. I've only managed to get her to work out for two months straight by using Easy Strength and keeping it short and involving lots of walks.

Anything like this will work. Full body workout with just cables. Has explanations and videos for everything.

If you want specific muscle groups just group those exercises for that day.

As Anth said you can literally do everything most people are ever going to need on those.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
-F*ck this whoop. Little judgey bastard. Can't have ONE (1) single bourbon without it acting like I've been on a coke bender for 2 weeks.

-Moving from strict to psycho diet. Veins are returning. 2nd chin and chubby cheeks are leaving. Time to increase cardio. Carbs and fat, see ya in July. Chicken, broccoli, eggs, rinse and repeat.

-Strength and energy still rocking though. After a brutal back workout, I went barbell overhead press. 115 x 12, 135 x 10, 135 x 8, 155 x 4. Just hammering protein.

-F*ck this whoop. Little judgey bastard. Can't have ONE (1) single bourbon without it acting like I've been on a coke bender for 2 weeks.
😂. I. Told. You.

You'll find all kinds of stuff that hurts the quality of your recovery, even when you think you're getting quality sleep. I'd been sleeping like a champ but a couple of weeks ago my wife got sick. She's also has been dealing with high stress at work and family stress. All this led to her getting in a bad habit of getting up in the middle of the night and going to sleep in the guest room. This inevitably leads to the dog getting up, going with her, whining to go out, etc.

I finally put my foot down yesterday about it and last night just got up with her when she woke up, got her some water, etc and made sure everyone stayed put in our room.

Boom. 94% recovery score and 55 HRV after getting dangerously little sleep the last few weeks.

I used to have the Oura ring, but it didn't tell me much more than the Apple Watch. Once done with the trial offer, ditched it. Not worth a subscription.

Still wear the Apple Watch to sleep and it tells me all I need to know about the quality of sleep I get (core/REM/deep). Normal night, heart rate will be in the 45bpm range. If I have more than one bourbon it jumps 10+bpm. Easy to see why over a 7-8 hour slumber, you don't feel as refreshed.

Finally got the ingredients for making my own LMNT. Will be doing that the next few days, tinkering and whatnot.

Same exact ingredients minus the flavoring or anything besides potassium, magnesium and sodium.

If it all tastes like nothing, I’ll leave it as is, I don’t need flavor to drink the water and fewer ingredients is better.

RogueMNTs have been made, not as convenient for travel obviously as packs but you can take a tub and scoop like pre or protein with you. No taste, a wee salty.

Same-ish exact measurements per pack.

Made 70 servings for about $6.

-RUNNERS,
So as noted, not a fan of running but really incorporating it (and stairs) this year and results have been great. I’ve run plenty in my life just not consistently. This year I’m running multiple miles a week in one mile stints around 9 minutes, haven’t tried to really push it though I could.

Questions:
1)Why do my calves burn so quickly? Lack of use? It’ll get better?

2)I like loose shoes, do in need to wear them tighter?

3) Briefly here and there I’ve felt like I’m just focusing on breathing and my body is moving on its own with no thought process. There’s no resistance or effort, it almost feels like I’m pedaling a one speed downhill and it’s going fast but I’m still moving my legs. No resistance but they’re moving.

I’d that runners high, or is it in just high when I do it?

sounds to me like you're just describing enjoying your run; you should enjoy your run the same way you enjoy, say, going for a walk to clear your mind. It should feel good while you are doing it unless you are overly exerting yourself.

Runner's high is brief and typically after your run. It's as good as a drug, better really. You'd know it if you experienced it. Not everyone gets it. I havent' had runners' high since like maybe my mid 20s.

I understand peopel finding cardio boring, but running outside is completely different than the tedium of some static machine or stupid class. And at the risk of making everyone pissy again, everyone needs to run regularly. The benefits aren't just physical aesthetic and lung/heart, but in mood and cognition. I understand the sentiment, " I hate cardio and get everything I need from lifting (for me personally it's more of the reverse)," but you get subtly different benefits from both which in my view make them both obligatory and complimentary.

Your calves are probably just not ready for the load you are placing on them. I'd run slower in the beginning if it were me, gradually increasing speed and duration.

Yeah I hope it’s just enjoying it. I like running a mile, haven’t done much more than that in a long time. But yes being outside and active is a HUGE part of why I live here.

I walk my dog on average 3-5 miles a day and I run Publix stairs or outside 2-3 days/week. Get the HR up at least twice a day.

I do enjoy those. I could never on a treadmill although I would incline walk in Lex in the winter because I’m not going outside when it’s in the 20s or below to walk or run.

There’s lake or park here every couple blocks which makes it much more conducive and enjoyable than just roads or sidewalks, for me anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT