ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Dead Performances

Dead ALIEN's...
Dead-Alien-Discovered-in-Russia.png

That particular alien was found in Jackson Co., iirc.

That dead show at the Sphinx has always fascinated me. It’s not the best show but the gravity of the location and the absolute difficulty to perform there.

Cincinnati > St. Louis > Indy for me. I booked a refundable room near Deer Creek late last night when I saw the leaked dates and hoped they'd come to fruition. I've never been able to get a hotel close to the venue before. It used to be all cornfields around there but it's developed a lot over the years.

I remember those days well. You would get off the interstate and nothing there.

I’ve got DMB end of July here, D&C mid Aug, then Labor Day weekend at the Gorge for 3 more DMB shows. Looks a lot better than it did a month ago

Reactions: The_Catfather
The last time the Dead played Deer Creek, 1995, some local farmer’s daughter apparently had run off to follow the band with her boyfriend or something. Supposedly the old farmer guy had sent death threats to Jerry. Third song in was Dire Wolf. “Don’t murder me, I beg of you don’t murder me. Please, don’t murder me”

Also, this was the infamous “gate crashing” show at which I was in attendance. They played “It’s All Over Now”, “Desolation Row”, “Victim or the Crime”, “It’s All Too Much” and an encore of “Mighty Quinn”....”come all with out, come on with in”. Pretty telling they were fed up with the scene at that point.

Was selected for the Ticketmaster "Verified Presale" this AM. Got pretty decent reserved seats here in Raleigh for the opening show.

^Nice. What'd you end up paying per pavilion seat? I got waitlisted for the presale today and didn't see prices other than the VIP and Platinum bullshit. I got a code from a friend for Cincinnati but it was tied to his account so it didn't work.

I was expecting pretty insane prices for this tour but was hoping to get good pavilions for around $150ish. If I don't get anything Friday I'll wait it out for the Ticketmaster drops. As the show approaches they release more tickets and I've had really good success with it over the years. Even got pit tickets for a couple shows.

All in for $283 on 2 tix. The presale went quick, I was 1989 in queue when it opened, I guess it didnt matter what time you got in the waitroom. Took about 4 mins then I was able to select, but all the pit and reserved right by pit were gone.

In normal Ticketmaster/LiveNation fashion there was a technical glitch. Had my first seats picked and while paying my saved CC disappeared, tried to re add but wouldnt let me. So the 10 minute timer ended and I had to reselect. Appeared that happened to alot of people because I ended up getting better seats that popped up available that time around.

That's not too bad. And I heard about some credit card issues so I'm going to double-check that before tomorrow. I don't do lawn seats anymore due to the show talkers and I don't mind spending extra for good seats. This may end up being a pretty tough ticket. More and more people are getting into the Dead and there's not many major concerts going on right now. Phish fans pumping money into their recently announced tour should help a little though.

I doublechecked my CC as well the day before. Didn't matter, their infrastructure is terrible. I have some tickets I purchased last Jan/Feb to some shows and I relocated last Spring. It took me no less than 8 months to get them to change the address to send them, 2 were camping passes so couldnt do digital. I'm still not confident they will send to the correct address. Bu they are the only game in town so what can you do.

I haven't done lawn in 10+ yrs and I travel to a lot of shows. Its not that I want an actual seat because I don't sit during the show but just have your own space and be close to the stage. I'm with you, Not going to spend the money and time to go watch the show on a screen.

Aftermarket is nuts right now, DMB here is going $225+. The Gorge reserved are going $350+.

It's a shame this band can't hit the road for a long tour. Kreutzmann recruited Billy Strings for a Red Rocks show and it sold out so fast they added a second night. I live streamed both nights and it was phenomenal. A little Who to open the second set and a Terrapin Station > I Know You Rider encore.

I listened to 6-9-73 Washington D.C. today, which is one of my favorites. A 3 set classic with the Allman Bros Band sitting in with them. The “Loose Lucy” is my favorite version.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT