ADVERTISEMENT

Fans Need to Look in the Mirror as Well

MrHotDice

All-American
Nov 1, 2002
If your a UK fan who blindly follows the team no matter if they win or lose that’s fine. However if your the fan that expects after 10 years to have an undisciplined team from a head coach who makes 9 Million dollars a year then you had better wake up to the fact that you are looking at the future of the UK football program. Welcome Texas and Oklahoma into the mix and things only gets worse. why? Because Texas and Oklahoma want to win now, not next year and the fan base at those 2 schools will not accept what has happened the last 2 weeks to happen again.

I’m afraid UK has again become everyone’s homecoming game. Now go look in the mirror if you blindly support.

Yes I hear people talking about all the smaller things need to be changed. This all starts with our incompetent head coach.

He’s not an alpha leader. He can’t game plan. He can’t develop. He can’t make in game adjustments. He takes no chances on either side of the ball. Has no idea how to manage the clock. He’s inferior to his players. When he talks, it’s obvious he’s doesn’t have a great football mind.

Nothing will change until this man is gone from the program. Anybody who is fine with what is going on is a complete loser. Not only wins and losses but we occupy the field with a bunch of thugs.

Quit showing up and they’ll have no choice but to make a change.

I think we see the results of throwing the team under the bus last week The Missouri fans were all that was still in the stands the last few minutes of the game. Look strange seeing all the empty seats and appears he's lost most of the fan base now. Don't see him recovering from what he got himself into by being pissed off for getting his butt kicked last week and having it happen again at home.

Yes I hear people talking about all the smaller things need to be changed. This all starts with our incompetent head coach.

He’s not an alpha leader. He can’t game plan. He can’t develop. He can’t make in game adjustments. He takes no chances on either side of the ball. Has no idea how to manage the clock. He’s inferior to his players. When he talks, it’s obvious he’s doesn’t have a great football mind.

Nothing will change until this man is gone from the program. Anybody who is fine with what is going on is a complete loser. Not only wins and losses but we occupy the field with a bunch of thugs.

So who do you think will come to UK to coach that will be any better? Joker? If Saban or Jimbo came here would they do any better with the same NIL money? Players are still going to drop the ball.

If your a UK fan who blindly follows the team no matter if they win or lose that’s fine. However if your the fan that expects after 10 years to have an undisciplined team from a head coach who makes 9 Million dollars a year then you had better wake up to the fact that you are looking at the future of the UK football program. Welcome Texas and Oklahoma into the mix and things only gets worse. why? Because Texas and Oklahoma want to win now, not next year and the fan base at those 2 schools will not accept what has happened the last 2 weeks to happen again.

I’m afraid UK has again become everyone’s homecoming game. Now go look in the mirror if you blindly support.
What is "blindly following the team"? There are a lot of opinions on this board, and they vary quite a bit. But I don't see anyone blindly following anything, except possibly the people who are blindly and persistently negative every year.

So who do you think will come to UK to coach that will be any better? Joker? If Saban or Jimbo came here would they do any better with the same NIL money? Players are still going to drop the ball.
Don’t give me that. What about the fact that this dude makes 9 million a year to win 6-8 games a year do you not understand? Look what Lane Kiffin has done at Ole Miss. What about Duke and North Carolina? Missouri?

These are all bottom feeder football programs like ours and all three would kick our asses. There’s a ton of coaches who’ll gladly come here and give us better for that money.

Why is it that all fan bases think we’re the biggest fools on the planet for paying this clown that kind of money but our own fans don’t see it?

I don’t think fans expecting not to have their team commit mental mistakes and having 10 plus penalties every week is asking a lot. I don’t think expecting stoops to have corrected this in year 11 is asking a lot. It’s one thing if the other team is more talented than Kentucky and Kentucky losses, Georgia Alabama lsu Tennessee fall in line here, it’s another thing to commit constant errors week in and week out and lose the game because of them. SCAR, vandy, ole miss Mizzou, numerous other games. The undisciplined crap is inexcusable

Isn’t that what we have?
It is, he’s been living in the golden ages for a UK fan his age. I’ve been telling him over and over how good he has it (compared to me when I was growing up).

I just hope we don’t trip over our dicks the rest of the way and finish 6-6.

Reactions: Lost In FL
I think we see the results of throwing the team under the bus last week The Missouri fans were all that was still in the stands the last few minutes of the game. Look strange seeing all the empty seats and appears he's lost most of the fan base now. Don't see him recovering from what he got himself into by being pissed off for getting his butt kicked last week and having it happen again at home.
In 35+ years of being a season ticket holder I had never left a game early until last night. When Leary had his deer in the head light moment with 13+ minutes left on the sack.l was done. We continue to be lied to from a 9 million man. We are last in the nation in plays run for a reason. Until the HEAD COACH stops blaming everybody but himself, things will not change.

Nailed it completely.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
If you think 9-10 million a year won’t get you a great coach your pretty naive.

Reactions: ukfan041 and FltDoc
I do not question the fandom of a person. We all go through stages of fandom. Mine right now before the last 2 weeks was at a high point (not crazy thinking we would be up for a natty) but at least play people tough. The past 2 weeks has shown me we are not a good mental team at all and are just do not care about much. Coaches and players. You have a Corner that continues to get beat play after play and you do not put someone else in, you have a group of receivers and a QB that are not on the same page and you do not give others a shot, you have one of the best defensive front 7 (in my opinion they should be) and they continue to give QB too much time to pick us apart. You have more or as much in penalty yards as you do in passing yards and you just continue to do the same thing. Crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. We have gone into crazy mode as a coaching staff.

NIL money is only a "last couple of years" thing. Stoops has been here 11 years. What's the excuse for the other 9? The money is clearly there to get a good coach, perhaps for a lot less than what Stoops and Co are getting. The bigger issue is trusting Barney to make a good hire.

If you think 9-10 million a year won’t get you a great coach you’re pretty naive.
A coach is only as good as the players he puts on the field. Some of these high paid coaches are lacking the hunger, the chip on the shoulder, the edge, hell they’re set for life no matter the results. Salaries for mediocre coaches are insane. Stoops is a mediocre coach. That’s not a slight, it’s a fact. Most coaches nowadays fall into that category. It’s unfair for them to continue to squeeze money out of all the ham n eggers that go to the games and support the program. For a day of tailgating, tickets, parking, food, etc. a family of 4 driving from Bowling Green or Corbin, or Owensboro that’s at a cost of up to $5-$600. For a season ticket holder, a full season of tickets, “donations” etc is over a $5000 investment. There’s only so much disposable income folks in Kentucky have to spend. When money becomes the only obstacle to differentiate between a losing and winning program, we are not in any way, able to compete. Oklahoma and Texas coming in next year does nothing but push us further down the food chain.

I’m not sure Jimbo Fisher is any better than what we have now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT