ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Jones

Yeah I’m a lifelong cowboys fan and if he’s just funding Arkansas NIL then that’s fine bc he’s an Arky alumnus and excited about potential.

But if is an intentional “keep guys away from KY” beyond trying tk get the Cal class that signed to Ky to follow him to Arky…but it it’s all recruits considering UK…. Then I’m out and done with the Cowboys. UK means more and runs way deeper. Pro sports are just entertainment

I don’t believe a word of it. Jerry Jones has never cared about Arkansas football, he’s not going to care this much about Arkansas basketball. Contrary to popular opinion, The Walmarts and Jerry Jones do not care and have never gotten involved in Arkansas sports. If they were to do it, it would be football. I might could see him offering double on a one time deal to the recruits already signed to UK, but not recruits we’re going after. And that’s PR and because he doesn’t understand they already have them and we literally let them go.

Arkansas has never moved the needle in college athletics and these boosters have been there the whole time. Don’t buy this nonsense.

And this would be a really bad look for Jerry Jones. Intentionally hurting a collegiate program for reasons that don’t even make sense. I don’t believe it, Arkansas is running PR campaign to make themselves look important. They want to get all they can out of Calipari and want to send signals that they’re a major player. They, like Calipari, are looking really bad nationally right now too.

JQ is headed to UL. Bradshaw went to Ohio State. Perry isn’t considering them. So again, it’s all PR to me. Jerry Jones wouldn’t care about this kind of thing.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m a lifelong cowboys fan and if he’s just funding Arkansas NIL then that’s fine bc he’s an Arky alumnus and excited about potential.

But if is an intentional “keep guys away from KY” beyond trying tk get the Cal class that signed to Ky to follow him to Arky…but it it’s all recruits considering UK…. Then I’m out and done with the Cowboys. UK means more and runs way deeper. Pro sports are just entertainment
Well he's really stacked up those titles in Dallas.

Reactions: Fox2monk and K86
Well he's really stacked up those titles in Dallas.
Yeah…the post isn’t about the Cowboys success. No fair weather fans around here…. It’s about if it becomes a Cowboys vs Kentucky thing, my loyalty lies with Kentucky and my secondary Bengals fandom will become the only team I care to follow.

I just grew up in southeast KY and we were out of the Cincy Market so we got the national broadcast…in the 90s that was the cowboys and I just stuck w the team I grew up on. Now you can get any game despite market…wasn’t that way then

Do the research about what he is doing for Cal focused at the moment on Kentucky.
Jerry Jones and Cal have a lot in common. Neither can win championships anymore.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Fox2monk

Life long Cowboys fan too. This is bs. Kentucky means way more to me. Unfortunately Jerry has more money than God.

I left the crap called Dallas shortly after Jr. got shot and Coach Landry and Roger was no longer quarterback. America’s team… horse$hit. Jerry and all the junk that that surrounds that loser program deflates the AT&T Stadium to a circus top carnival. Glad he is “helping” the hogs with cow. Cow needs all the help he can get. It’s actually a great match made for one another. All hype, little results.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Dude I LOVE the Cowboys ever since Tony Dorsett, To Tall Jones, Everson Walls, Randy White, Roger Staunch, newer Troy Aikman.

I am a 💯 fan now…. To the Titans / Bengals…..

I will NEVER….. purchase another cowboy thing and NEVER…. Wear these jerseys…..

Reactions: Fox2monk
Huge Boys fan have been for a long time but hate JerryJones especially after this. Time to throw all my Cowboys gear away.

I've heard people saying this is way overblown. Apparently he told them "anything you need" but added he could write them a check for $1 million.... I think people are thinking he meant way more than he actually said.

The weird thing is I don’t recall ever hearing Jerry Jones having any interest in basketball before now.

But now suddenly he’s focused on it, and for the CLEAR purpose of wanting to stick it to Kentucky. Why would he would have a grudge against UK? I’ve no idea. But seems he does.

On the bright side, this will make me savor the Cowboys next annual playoff choke even more.

Reactions: dry99913
If Jones was wanting to do that to every UK target just to take out a rival, I imagine Nike, and the SEC wouldnt be having that.. and the NCAA wouldnt want that catching on throughout the NCAA of programs trying to kill other programs.

. and the NCAA wouldnt want that catching on throughout the NCAA of programs trying to kill other programs.
And what are they gonna do about it?

The NCAA enforcement division seems to have been rendered virtually impotent. They don’t go after big programs with real money and power now. Only the little guys. And if they try …as programs like UNC showed us …just unleash a fleet of lawyers on them and they’ll fold like a cheap suit.

We live in the lawless Wild West era of college sports. And with a weak-willed ninny as the supposed sheriff.

This isn’t true, Jerry doesn’t care about basketball, he may be helping in some way but this just isn’t accurate.

And what are they gonna do about it?

The NCAA enforcement division seems to have been rendered virtually impotent. They don’t go after big programs with real money and power now. Only the little guys. And if they try …as programs like UNC showed us …just unleash a fleet of lawyers on them and they’ll fold like a cheap suit.

We live in the lawless Wild West era of college sports. And with a weak-willed ninny as the supposed sheriff.
There's this thing that sports likes to do , quiet justice. dont bring more negativity when you dont have to so instead of making a huge deal and causing fans to squirm, just have the refs you pay to officiate make life tough on em.

Im sure Matt Norlander... errrr I mean Trilly Donovan is lying about it lol its not like he wouldnt be getting that straight from the kids' camps themselves.
Yeah man, he didn’t say that (Trilly), he has multiple discords. One is for scoops/breaking news verified by sources, one is for unsubstantiated rumors and things that people hear/say but haven’t been verified, this being one of them. Jerry Jones has never been a supporter of the basketball program in any significant way, ever. You’re out of your element boss…not sure why this is a hill you want to die on. I wish it was true, but it’s not.

Dear Jerry Jones,

Just an FYI to assist you in your support for Arkansas basketball: There is a rumor that UK is offering $1 million to each of the Basketball Bennies on Rupps Rafters just to participate in an open try out. Coach Pope is rumored to be keenly aware of the high basketball IQ of each of these “Bennies”.
It’s rumored that it would be greatly beneficial to the Razorback basketball program for you to pay $2 million each for a commitment from each of these “Rafter Bennies” not to participate in this open try out.

Have we recovered yet from believing Quaintance signed with Louisville?

He did visit there albeit we got no word on whether it was an official or even whether he had any officials left after reopening his recruitment. (He took his three last year). But it was only Aly Khalifa who committed to Louisville in that time frame. I don’t see any recent news indicating JQ is even still talking to Louisville and the Rivals 150 page lists him as having interest in 14 schools and none of them is Louisville and one of them is us.

My only personal insight is that I went to UL’s ugly city campus twice, once to check out a Kung Fu club and once to buy a plastic-covered Larousse pocket Latin dictionary because they’re pretty rare and their bookstore had one. And both those trips drastically lowered my potential interest in ever wanting to possibly take some kind of continuing studies class there even just to meet chicks even though I was living in Louisville at the time. I can’t imagine the experience was very much different for a kid from beautiful Raleigh, NC who had been signed up for our campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT