ADVERTISEMENT

EKU players reinstated

I generally don't like running up the score against a smaller in-state school, but in this case I hope UK shows them no mercy this fall.

I am glad, I hope the cheap shot artist gets his this fall.

I say run it up on them. Nothing dirty. But make sure Grafree and Scurry know they just got manhandled. I want them to feel every bump on the bus ride back to Richmond.

Love for Elam to flatten Scurry several times. And the whole OL to just destroy Grafree every time he is on the field.

Reactions: Mike-D
This game is now destined to be an absolute mauling. You can bet the coaches aren't going to hold things back. I hope we beat em by a 100, then after the game announce we'll never play EKU again.

Reactions: Beavis606
I am hopeful that the EKU coaching staff will keep their team under control. When an outmanned team comes in with some bad blood, it can easily get out of hand. We can't afford to get anyone hurt over some immature behavior.

I'm sure that Coach Stoops has talked with Coach Hood extensively about conduct on both sides for this game.

I say run it up on them. Nothing dirty. But make sure Grafree and Scurry know they just got manhandled. I want them to feel every bump on the bus ride back to Richmond.

Love for Elam to flatten Scurry several times. And the whole OL to just destroy Grafree every time he is on the field.

Yeah he got messed up by a WR. Imagine what a 300 pound DT will do to him. Both those guys better have their heads on a swivel.

Reactions: BlueTick2
The question is will UK beat EKU more badly than Charlotte or the other way around? The only concern I have for the EKU game is a brawl happening and some of our players get suspended.

I'm guessing a few chop blocks coming his way. Maybe a 325lb lineman might accidentally fall on his leg.

I don't want to see anything dirty but I would love to put their entire team on their butts and at the end let them know who was responsible for the pounding they just took.

UK faces Auburn the next game after EKU. The last thing the UK coaching staff wants to deal with is key players potentially getting suckered into any altercations that might cause them to miss part of or all of the following game.

This will be a true test of discipline. I'd hate to enter the Auburn game missing even 1 contributor. We need all the help we can get.

UK faces Auburn the next game after EKU. The last thing the UK coaching staff wants to deal with is key players potentially getting suckered into any altercations that might cause them to miss part of or all of the following game.

This will be a true test of discipline. I'd hate to enter the Auburn game missing even 1 contributor. We need all the help we can get.

The Godfather is right. We want to beat EKU like a drum and we will. More important than the margin of victory, however, will be the extent to which we come out of this game with no major injuries and no suspensions. We have much bigger fish (that is, gators, tigers, birds, et. al.) to fry.

No particular prize for overdoing it against EKU. I prefer to save all we can for Auburn, which, given the Thurs night atmosphere, could be exciting.

I hope we take care of business in the first half. Rest some players and get our young guns experience in the second half

Was any reason given for reinstating them? I do not wish any major injury on any kid but I hope Eastern leaves this game bruised and bloodied.

Was any reason given for reinstating them? I do not wish any major injury on any kid but I hope Eastern leaves this game bruised and bloodied.

We need to beat them badly enough for Barker to get significant minutes in the 2nd half. And Dawson better keep the playbook wide open and let barker rack up some numbers.

Reactions: hmt5000
hope drew, baker, and dubose get plenty of pt this game. would love to see us rest some starters that game anyway but it would be cool if drew could throw for a few td's on them to kinda rub it in their face a bit. and i would line hyde up at fb the very first play graffee is in the game and just go right at him 3 or 4 times in a row. nothing dirty but just roll him up like the beyotch he is.

I am hopeful that the EKU coaching staff will keep their team under control. When an outmanned team comes in with some bad blood, it can easily get out of hand. We can't afford to get anyone hurt over some immature behavior.

I'm sure that Coach Stoops has talked with Coach Hood extensively about conduct on both sides for this game.

I just hope that EKU stays on their side of the field during warm ups - particularly their players that aren't in uniform. I've heard talk that some undermanned squads will try to start things in the hopes that they can get some of the better team's good players thrown out even before the game starts.

That kind of stuff is just bush league...

Reactions: bishop3006
The news said that both players had went through required classes concerning this issue, and the coaches felt that they both did learn from it to their satisfaction.

I just hope that EKU stays on their side of the field during warm ups - particularly their players that aren't in uniform. I've heard talk that some undermanned squads will try to start things in the hopes that they can get some of the better team's good players thrown out even before the game starts.

Yeah, Like when the Head coach from the opposing team comes in and starts shouting down coaches and shoving players from the opposing team. Now that's really "bush league".

I generally don't like running up the score against a smaller in-state school, but in this case I hope UK shows them no mercy this fall.
I don't think Stoops will try to run up the score. That isn't his style. But Stoops will have our team ready to play hard for 4 quarters. Our players will have a point to prove, and this will be an emotional game for them. Could get very physical, and EKU doesn't have the depth or fire power to stay in that kind of a game.

Dear God, it's a football game and UK has much bigger fish to fry than to worry about EKU. They didn't pillage the town. While I think it gets chippy, I don't think there will be any brawls or that the coaches are even thinking about EKU at this point of the season. EKU is the least of UK's worry. Wouldn't surprise me to see UK kind of mail it in.

Fights happen in college and for anyone with any knowledge of the slightly bad blood that already existed between EKU and UK football, what happened shouldn't surprise anyone when you combine drinking and testosterone. Frankly, I'll be a little torn in this game bc I'm a EKU grad who grew up a Wildcat fan. Just hoping for EKU to have a respectable showing and UK come out injury free and rested. Esp with a short week against Auburn looming.

Yeah, Like when the Head coach from the opposing team comes in and starts shouting down coaches and shoving players from the opposing team. Now that's really "bush league".

You're right. I mean really who do some head coaches think they are - being on the field before a game? It's ridiculous - head coaches should simply instruct their players on what to do before a game and stay back in the locker room as those events unfold.

It's called plausible deniability er, I mean leadership.

I doubt our team will challenge them to come to midfield then act outraged if they do. That isn't bush league... that's the kind of ish that teenage girls do

Just hoping for EKU to have a respectable showing and UK come out injury free and rested. Esp with a short week against Auburn looming.

We have a bye week after the EKU game, then play Auburn the follow Thursday. A 12 day break between games.

I see what you're doing, trying to be cute and all, but you sound like an idiot UofL fan (and you are).

Comparing UK vs EKU is idiotic. Jumping in and trying to compare the situation between the fight and pregame stuff with what happened vs UofL last year is also idiotic. Undermanned? Get good players thrown out? LOL. UK should have won last year vs UofL as UofL was about on par with UK as a team. The play on the field proved that. UK didn't look too "undermanned" after kickoff, did they? You're gonna lose to UK this year and I can't wait to hear your excuses. I doubt I'll hear them though. You'll get banned before then.

[laughing] Five or 6 different schools have done that at PJCS...only one of those teams has a history of doing it in the past...maybe its time to look in the mirror as to why it always happens to you all.

LOL at BFGhost, you can't make this stuff up, a Transfer U fan talking about other teams being bush league.

Last edited:
I doubt our team will challenge them to come to midfield then act outraged if they do. That isn't bush league... that's the kind of ish that teenage girls do
[laughing] Five or 6 different schools have done that at PJCS...only one of those teams has a history of doing it in the past...maybe its time to look in the mirror as to why it always happens to you all.

Right that makes complete sense - Of course it's Louisville's fault. I mean the fact that those five or six incidents occurred over the course of 17 years & four separate coaching staffs has no bearing on the truth. If that's not a clear pattern, then nothing is...

LOL at BFGhost, you can't make this stuff up, a Transfer U fan talking about other teams being bush league.

You're right of course jauk. As a fan of "Transfer U" I have as much credibility on the subject of teams being bush league as well, I guess you do talking about coaches that cheat to get recruits.[eyeroll]

Reactions: RocknRollCats
So you are saying that ul players did not contact UK players and dare them to meet them at the 50 before the game?

Right that makes complete sense - Of course it's Louisville's fault. I mean the fact that those five or six incidents occurred over the course of 17 years & four separate coaching staffs has no bearing on the truth. If that's not a clear pattern, then nothing is...
You're right...everybody is just picking on you all for no reason.

No big surprise. They would have been reinstated by our game anyway since they weren't kicked off the team. I hope we beat em good on the scoreboard.

So you are saying that ul players did not contact UK players and dare them to meet them at the 50 before the game?

Without knowing exactly what your meaning of "contact' is, I can tell you that I was there 60 minutes prior to kick-off and did not see anything occur on field where Louisville players waved Kentucky players over to the 50 - much less their side of the field where the altercations happened. I did see Kentucky players - many not dressed for the game - flipping off fans in the end zone and by their bench as their teammates warmed up. Curious - were you at the game and if so, what is it that you saw?

Actually, I don't think anyone was picking on Louisville - as the end result in each of those situations has been a Louisville victory.

The final score has nothing to do with why these things happen often at PJCS PREGAME. It's the Louisville football culture, and it is celebrated by many...just own it.

Without knowing exactly what your meaning of "contact' is, I can tell you that I was there 60 minutes prior to kick-off and did not see anything occur on field where Louisville players waved Kentucky players over to the 50 - much less their side of the field where the altercations happened. I did see Kentucky players - many not dressed for the game - flipping off fans in the end zone and by their bench as their teammates warmed up. Curious - were you at the game and if so, what is it that you saw?
A message was sent earlier that week that came across as "I challenge you to come to the 50 but you don't have the balls to do it". The guys who were dressing rightfully were gonna let their play do the talking but the rs decided to take them up on the challenge. It was juvenile on both regards but it's hilarious that ul fans act outraged over it and act like we gained an advantage.

I watched the game in a bar in Louisville and every ul fan guaranteed a bigger beat down cause we stepped on their bird. Which is it, teams get beat down for stepping on the bird or ul crumbles and cries if someone steps on it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT