ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards

phyrekat

Senior
Feb 5, 2003
Haven't seen anything about this yet, so I wanted to point it out. I think Edwards may have had his best game as a Wildcat to this point tonight. Seemed to be playing better defense, played much more unselfishly, seemed to let the game come to him. Very encouraging.

Haven't seen anything about this yet, so I wanted to point it out. I think Edwards may have had his best game as a Wildcat to this point tonight. Seemed to be playing better defense, played much more unselfishly, seemed to let the game come to him. Very encouraging.
He certainly had his moments. If he would just forget about shooting 3s and attack, I think it'd help him get closer to breaking through. He had some really good finishes around the rim.

I want him to do well, honestly. I've been cheering for him all year. But man he's just not doing it (yet).
He gets some really nice steals on occasion that he takes coast to coast (Florida game). And does good things around the rim when he just attacks. And can rebound when he gives the effort. Just need to see more consistency.

Reactions: TheDude73
He still needs to cut down on the trees, but I think he played better tonight than I've seen him play this year

This thread leads me to believe that I either need to get my eyes checked or I need to lay off the booze. Put his stat line next to any other player and we'd be talking about how they don't give us much. Because it's Edwards and everyone is desperate for him to live up to his hype, we fall all over ourselves to praise him for doing things that other players do multiple times each game.

It's OK to say he's just not that good at this point in the season. Trying to pass him off as a lottery pick and giving him those kind of minutes at this point isn't doing the team or Edwards himself any favors

This thread leads me to believe that I either need to get my eyes checked or I need to lay off the booze. Put his stat line next to any other player and we'd be talking about how they don't give us much. Because it's Edwards and everyone is desperate for him to live up to his hype, we fall all over ourselves to praise him for doing things that other players do multiple times each game.

It's OK to say he's just not that good at this point in the season. Trying to pass him off as a lottery pick and giving him those kind of minutes at this point isn't doing the team or Edwards himself any favors
Not trying to pass him off as a lottery pick. He's still not great. Just happy that he finally had a decent game.

This thread leads me to believe that I either need to get my eyes checked or I need to lay off the booze. Put his stat line next to any other player and we'd be talking about how they don't give us much.
Edwards line:
2/7 fg, 0/3 3pt, 0/1 FT, 2 reb, 0 assists.

Gets its own thread because this is an improvement. 😂

I thought he was OK tonight but not great. Realistically though we don’t really need much from him (especially offensively) to be a great team. Would love for him to develop into a lockdown defender because this team really needs that, but that’s a tough ask and don’t really expect him to morph into that in the span of a couple months.

I think once Adou comes back his minutes will be cut even more.

Reactions: MathUK
I think he has potential but needs to quit feeling sorry for himself on the court. Make yourself a part of the action when it isn't happening. Too much moping/coasting. To be clear - I'm cheering for him and all our guys. Just not seeing it yet.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I think he will be a huge piece by March. Takes some guys longer than others. He is struggling dealing with players stronger than him and having close to his speed. Once he learns how to use his skill and not his God given abilities to win, he will be fine. What I see is a player that tries to overpower or just speed by other players like he did in high school with ease. He has the handling and shooting ability to beat his opponent in different ways.

Reactions: rivercatinfl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT