ADVERTISEMENT

Edward’s to the draft

Chris Livingston 2.0
He's way better than Livingston lol. I get the revolving door sucks but let's not invent things. He got off to a slow start but was able to recover for some huge performances. He's a normal freshman but with huge upside, I think he'll be a good one in the NBA.

If anything I'm stoked he anounced it firmly and quickly and didn't leave us hanging, much respect for that.

Why don’t they all just announce this is just so stupid they do about 1 a week. It’s not like you did anything special to warrant spreading the announcements out to 1 a week just do them all at once. So the team can get on with business as usual and pick up other players.
It’s another “Calism” to help market his players and HE-himself. Draw it out, each kid gets a special day, and lose more opportunities for some portal players.

giphy.gif

Kid was a colossal bust.

That said, he's making the right move. Historically bad draft class and another season of tape on him would probably lead to him falling off draft boards altogether.
He was our most consistent player during our hottest stretch. So not a college bust but he will be an NBA bust for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The fan base was on board with this stuff when there was a trade off and something in it for them. When guys like Cousins/Wall/AD/MKG/Knight/Towns/Booker, etc. came, they added something to the program and everyone wished them well when they declared.

But you've got guys bouncing before fans can even learn their name and doing so without adding anything to the program at all.

The men's game is so watered down right now; so bad because so many people leave early so they can trick an NBA team on potential; and then everyone scrambles for the portal guys. This is the lone thing I'm envious of the women's game. You literally get to keep a star for three to four years cause the WNBA makes it that way. Meanwhile, the NBA is drafting guys who are averaging single digits after one year simply cause "Maybe they will be good one day."

Last edited:
1. I thought he was a can’t miss freshman. I was wrong.

2. I’ve never seen a guy miss so many WIDE OPEN layups and dunks.

3. Thiero should have played more than him.

4. I’ll miss Thiero
Did you read the scouting reports? The one I read?

Don’t understand why Cal don’t get all these announcements out-of-the-way quick why he does one a week
Tell these guys make a decision or I’ll make it for you
Because Cal is NOT ABOUT UK. He's about the "process", showcasing his precious little NBA recruits. I'm sure it won't matter this upcoming season when UK is bounced early once again from the conference and ncaa tournament, but I would HOPE that those higher up at UK would say "welp, that does it, get that guy out of here ASAP along with his bestie Mitch".

He's way better than Livingston lol. I get the revolving door sucks but let's not invent things. He got off to a slow start but was able to recover for some huge performances. He's a normal freshman but with huge upside, I think he'll be a good one in the NBA.

If anything I'm stoked he anounced it firmly and quickly and didn't leave us hanging, much respect for that.

Much respect? I guess… it’s just sad that we as fans “respect” and appreciate mid tier players not dragging out announcing for the draft.

While also remembering we have a brand new team each and every single year

Reactions: delk4three
Someone explain to me how playing in an old airport hanger for the Squirrel City Hickory Nuts in front of a crowd of 23 every night is better than playing in college is the better move. On the other hand, it’s an opening for a transfer or late recruit who wants to come here, work his ass off and be something

Let's get serious..what in the hell did Edwards show this season that would make him think or anyone around him think he is going to play in the NBA? I mean, for the love of God, he had what one real good solid game where he put up good numbers, the rest of the time he was hit or miss. Very inconsistent yet he was given ample opportunity to "show case" his skills and in my opinion he failed. Also, does his "team" not know the G-League is folding? He may make it in the league but from what I have seen, he is a project at best. He may prove me wrong and I will eat my words if he does..One down....who is next??

Just a pit stop to build their brand and jet off to the league. Sick and tired of Calipari using Kentucky as an NBA farm system. I surely hope of the options coming in at forward next year that at least one can give Kentucky more consistency than Edwards. 4 good games, UT, Alabama, Loserville and Vandy lol.

What roster issues? I assumed with: Davis, Bacot, and Ryan all exhausting their eligibility there are plenty of spots to fill around Ingram? Are they in a scholarship crunch?
RJ Davis is most likely coming back, bacot and Ryan are the only ones gone most likely. They are also bringing into two really good wings, so where would Tyson play?

Much respect? I guess… it’s just sad that we as fans “respect” and appreciate mid tier players not dragging out announcing for the draft.

While also remembering we have a brand new team each and every single year
God you sound ridiculously entitled. Cal brought the kid here, it was always about getting to the NBA as quick as possible for him. And honestly that's fine, I don't have a single issue with that.

Cal is the one who created this mess, this culture, and recruits these kinda kids who clearly want to be one and done. So yes, I respect him for being quick in his decision and not further using UK and stringing us along, like he could, like Cal would encourage. Get over yourself and put your anger on the guy who deserves it.

I wonder if he somehow got a first round guarantee. He wouldn't need to go through workouts to get honest feedback just from his film. If he's got a guaranteed spot late in the first he probably should go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT