ADVERTISEMENT

Dude who can get you a bucket!

jwm24_2000

Freshman
Mar 12, 2005
A lot of talk on here about having a dude who can get you a bucket in clutch time. We have 1 guy who's done it multiple times, once on the biggest stage in the final 4 in Butler. Numerous guys that have hit big 3 in crucial games, (Brea, Carr). The one dude that I believe that can get to the rim is Oweh. And I've seen Garrison be a big that you can post up and get you a bucket. Yes I would love to add Robinson and probably another big to just give spot minutes.

Several of them on board already. This is a bad take.

Not really. We are lacking true star power but we have a lot of good players. But no Rob Dillingham or Malik Monk or Jamal Murray. A bunch of really good players though who can have good games. But I want a Reeves or a Dillingham.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Not really. We are lacking true star power but we have a lot of good players. But no Rob Dillingham or Malik Monk or Jamal Murray. A bunch of really good players though who can have good games. But I want a Reeves or a Dillingham.
Nope. It's a bad take. For one, the TEAM can get you a bucket.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
And what has our star power got us

Reactions: ULISwuzPointGod
Yall are taking star power to the extreme. We didn't lose because of Reeves or Dillingham. We lost because of Cal. Purdue doesn't go to the finals without Edey. We don't win in 2012 without Davis.

I'm not saying we're full of scrubs. On the contrary. But most elite teams have 1 or 2 go to bucket getting dawgs. Like, a Richmond or Davis.

Cal could, and has, pissed away with teams full of super stars. What could Pope do with 1 or 2 elite players on a team full of good to very good players?

A lot of talk on here about having a dude who can get you a bucket in clutch time. We have 1 guy who's done it multiple times, once on the biggest stage in the final 4 in Butler. Numerous guys that have hit big 3 in crucial games, (Brea, Carr). The one dude that I believe that can get to the rim is Oweh. And I've seen Garrison be a big that you can post up and get you a bucket. Yes I would love to add Robinson and probably another big to just give spot minutes.
First I think there are a couple on this roster so far, but do these complainers realize, this ain't roll the ball out Cal who is yelling make a play. We will actually execute a real offense. Like 98% of the teams in D-1.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Oweh is the guy I’m looking for. He made a huge jump from Fresh to Soph and that tells me he is a worker. If he continues with this improvement and at his size and athleticism, he could be an all-conference type player
I like Oweh as well to be that guy.

I would love to have one as well, but I have never seen a coach assemble a team in 3wk. So I'm going to enjoy whatever happens this year, cause we are playing with house money so to speak. Hope we aren't ranked high to Start the year. It'll take some time to get this system and new faces playing together off each other!

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
I'd take a bunch of GOOD players over a handful of projects, NBA wanna bes, and one star player.

You're still stained by the Cal Kool-Aid that has gotten us nowhere the last 5 years. Reset and recalibrate - this is going to be a damned good team.

Yall are taking star power to the extreme. We didn't lose because of Reeves or Dillingham. We lost because of Cal. Purdue doesn't go to the finals without Edey. We don't win in 2012 without Davis.

I'm not saying we're full of scrubs. On the contrary. But most elite teams have 1 or 2 go to bucket getting dawgs. Like, a Richmond or Davis.

Cal could, and has, pissed away with teams full of super stars. What could Pope do with 1 or 2 elite players on a team full of good to very good players?
What can Pope do with good to very good players as u say? We r used to doing less with more. Let's see if this coach can do more with less. Success makes stars, and coaching matters. Let's find out.

Hopefully they seal the deal with Jaxson Robinson to add a guy already familiar with Mark Pope's system. That would be a huge addition to a team with players that have contributed at the NCAA level.

Are we getting ready for a Boom tweet sometime today?

Someone ask him who it might be and this was his response

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT