ADVERTISEMENT

Double slit experiment

hddon

Blue Chip Prospect
Apr 5, 2002
Anyone else familiar with this famous physics experiment? I just learned about a few weeks ago and I find it absolutely fascinating. The more they study it the more questions they come up with. Lots of youtube on it. This one is kind of woo woo but there are some of bigtime physicist that have no clue either.

Last edited:
Anyone else familiar with this famous physics experiment? I just learned about a few weeks ago and I find it absolutely fascinating. The more they study it the more questions they come up with. Lots of youtube on it. This one is kind of woo woo but there are some of bigtime physicist that have no clue either.

Simulation theory is Scientism's last grasp at denying God. The evidence for Him is overwhelming, which is what that so-called programmed simulation is, not "evidence" for a simulation.

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God. The universe looks like it was designed because it was designed, by Him and for His purpose.

It is interesting that the more science learns the less they know. Anyway if anyone watches this. The experiment is towards the end. The first part is kinda meh. Then they show the experiment.

It is interesting that the more science learns the less they know. Anyway if anyone watches this. The experiment is towards the end. The first part is kinda meh. Then they show the experiment.
Except in some areas where the 'science' is 'settled'.

I'm not sure how we get from the double slit experiment to simulation theory, which in itself is interesting. However the double slit experiment seems to validate that consciences has an effect on matter. In other experiments it's been demonstrated with random number generators that thought, can effect the statistical outcome albeit by a small amount, but it is repeatable.

I think people generally fall into two different categories in these types of discussions. Those that think sciences has evolved to near total understanding of everything, and anything at odds with it is crazy, and those that think we are only scratching the surface of understanding reality. I'm in the later camp.

The best questions lead to more questions.

As one of the real Giants in Western Science noted (paraphrased), when science uncovers the reality of God, it will discover in decades what has taken centuries.

Reactions: warrior-cat
My "favorite" baffling quantum experiment is the one with a light source and 3 pieces of polarized glass. I've listened to half a dozen explanations and my mind just can't make sense of it.

Reactions: SDC888
It is 99.999999999999999999% likely that this is a simulation. And it’s 100% likely that if we are in a simulation I’m the player and you guys are just NPC’s. Sorry.

If science is so smart, explain this:
images

Boom.

Reactions: DreadLox and SDC888
Simulation theory is Scientism's last grasp at denying God. The evidence for Him is overwhelming, which is what that so-called programmed simulation is, not "evidence" for a simulation.

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God. The universe looks like it was designed because it was designed, by Him and for His purpose.

Quantum entaglement will never be understood, and, IMO is just about as much "proof" as there CAN be, that something ELSE is at play in the universe that is, and forever will be, out of our reach. Some might even call it God.

In so much as the word god can mean supreme being(s) I think most all would agree. I think the real debate that clouds the most basic agreement when the argument ensues over which god, which is beyond the scope of this thread.

The double slit experiment is well understood by physicists. It simply demonstrates the dual nature of photons. Light particles, photons, act as waves until something interferes with them. The waves then collapse into particles.

When a single photon is fired at the double slit, it travels through both as a wave and registers as a wave interference pattern on the screen behind the slits. When a detector is placed between light emitter the slits, it causes the wave to collapse and the photon registers as a single particle on the screen.

It isn’t magic nor is it supernatural. It is merely nature. Here is an explanation by my favorite science presenter, Jim Al-Khalili:

Last edited:
Quantum entaglement will never be understood, and, IMO is just about as much "proof" as there CAN be, that something ELSE is at play in the universe that is, and forever will be, out of our reach. Some might even call it God.
Quantum entanglement is merely the creation of two particles at the same time from the same source. Roughly speaking they are “entangled” because one will have a spin of one sort and the other will have an opposite spin. This is not mysterious.

The mystery is that the particles seem to be halves of a whole. If something affects one of the particles causing it to react by changing its spin, an equal but opposite reaction instantly occurs with the other particle, even if the particles are light years apart. It’s important to note that the entanglement will end if anything affects either particle.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT