ADVERTISEMENT

Does Arkansas have a derby?

Had not heard of it but I am not a huge follower of Horses since I moved out of state many years ago. The Courier and Herald Leader kept me up to date. Nashville papers didn’t cover horses much except for the Walking Horse Celebration in Shelbyville which has since been basically killed by animal rights.

Have you ever tried to catch a greased up pig at the local county fair?

They do something similar to that but Calipari will be this years greased pig at their festival. Heard it’s a big deal, idk…

If wrestling isn't your thing, maybe pageants are?

sexy pig GIF

• Haha
Reactions: MakinMusic
I think I heard announcer say Mystic Dan won the Arkansas Derby against the rail. Could be mistaken.

Had not heard of it but I am not a huge follower of Horses since I moved out of state many years ago. The Courier and Herald Leader kept me up to date. Nashville papers didn’t cover horses much except for the Walking Horse Celebration in Shelbyville which has since been basically killed by animal rights.
Tbf, there was a LOT of abuse going on in the Walking Horse circles. A LOT.

Horse racing isn't perfect either, but the majority of the horses in the Triple Crown races are better taken care of than most people.

Reactions: NociHTTP
7 Kentucky Derby Winners have come from the Arkansas Derby

Seven winners used the Arkansas Derby (G1) as their final prep: Sunny's Halo (1983), Lil E. Tee (1992), Grindstone (1996), Super Saver (2010), Smarty Jones (2004), American Pharoah (2015), and Country House (2019)

Reactions: Pmalone6719
My biggest gripe about this year's derby was the call for riders up. They had Martha Stewart do it and she called it the Connecticut Derby then quickly tried to correct herself.
I thought what the hell....I mean yeah the spotlight at that moment is on her but damn, just damn get the freaking state right.

Reactions: azubuikefan
7 Kentucky Derby Winners have come from the Arkansas Derby

Seven winners used the Arkansas Derby (G1) as their final prep: Sunny's Halo (1983), Lil E. Tee (1992), Grindstone (1996), Super Saver (2010), Smarty Jones (2004), American Pharoah (2015), and Country House (2019)
The winner of today's Kentucky Derby -- Mystic Dan -- finished third in this year's Arkansas Derby on March 30, 2024 ... his final pre-Derby prep race.

Reactions: HamuelLJackson
Tbf, there was a LOT of abuse going on in the Walking Horse circles. A LOT.

Horse racing isn't perfect either, but the majority of the horses in the Triple Crown races are better taken care of than most people.
Hot mustard on the feet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT