ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else notice something unique with the team?

We remember...we all remember...that's the game when defending a simple
pick and roll looked like this:

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, etc, etc, etc, etc.

5mPw6n9.gif
that ones funny

Reactions: CatPhight
Have you ever liked a UK coach? You despise Cal and Stoops. This isn't dissing you, you do you, I'm just wondering if you have ever supported a UK coach?
Fair question , loved Cal til the bad years hit , no exactly difficult to pinpoint , started not trusting him to get it done against Auburn w/o their best player , then he starts going down hill and being really conceited towards BBN , and doesnt cut it with me , kind of stuff get glossed over when you are winning big , not so much with results like the last 5-6 years .. as far as Stoops , his conservative approach on both sides of the ball drives me nuts . but he's done well here . For sure . I support all the teams , doesnt mean I cant be critical of coaching decisions . I just want to win .. go to FF occasionally , have a fun season where we dont give away games , or bow down like to Clemson . loved Rick , but he screwed us over , Tubby was Tubby , fine man , I was partying too hard in the 80s to follow Eddie S too closely ( I regret that)

Reactions: JC CATS
Fair question , loved Cal til the bad years hit , no exactly difficult to pinpoint , started not trusting him to get it done against Auburn w/o their best player , then he starts going down hill and being really conceited towards BBN , and doesnt cut it with me , kind of stuff get glossed over when you are winning big , not so much with results like the last 5-6 years .. as far as Stoops , his conservative approach on both sides of the ball drives me nuts . but he's done well here . For sure . I support all the teams , doesnt mean I cant be critical of coaching decisions . I just want to win .. go to FF occasionally , have a fun season where we dont give away games , or bow down like to Clemson . loved Rick , but he screwed us over , Tubby was Tubby , fine man , I was partying too hard in the 80s to follow Eddie S too closely ( I regret that)
Fair points, I guess I just see the negativity from you. I ain't happy with the last few years from Cal, the last 2 from Stoops. I want at least a FF this year, with the schedule 8-4 would be good year for Stoops. I don't know who would be better in either sport right now than Cal n Stoops

It easy to see why so many people love this team. You gotta love the Kentucky boy becoming star. Dilly always on overdrive and his competitive attitude. Big Z like a big kid laughing and smiling. Step back and enjoy this group. Maybe, just maybe, they might surprise us. No need to be so negative toward the players. I believe they are giving 100% all the time.

The good news is I think for once, we're gonna be surprised who comes back. They're having alot of fun together and NIL is love.

First of all work on your reading comprehension. I wrote ONE of my favorites. Why is this team 1 of my favorites? Because this team had 3 highly recruited/rated players come in who have been deemed to have fallen short of expectations and have had their PT reduced. Despite that nobody has pouted and in fact this team seems to have a genuine bond where they truly pull for one another and pick each other up. Very little ball hogging/selfishness on this team. Thiero commenting about playing for the name on the front of the jersey when he could have easily pouted and left the team. The pure joy on Zs face is fun. Reeves coming back. Reed’s style of play. This team has lost some games due in no small part to Cal being stubborn. I don’t fault the players for that. This team could easily be a 1-2 seed if handled better.

My son plays baseball at a small college and his roommate/teammate is friends with Reeves. From same HS as Reeves so get interesting stories. I could go on but won’t.

Have I satisfied you? Expressing an opinion of liking a team should not have been an issue but you tried to make it an issue. Look at my profile and you can see I’ve been a member since 2001.

90,91,92 Elite 8 team. No business talent wise being there but did it on heart. 14-14 year was still awesome to me.
98 Title team-just a huge fan of Sheppard. His moon pie story at Mr. Wildcat’s service leads to some revisionist history by me. He just gets it.
96 Team. Re-established UK atop the hoops world.
12&15 Teams just because they took no damn prisoners. Miller stuck around and was 1 of my favorites in 12.
84 team with Twin towers and Sky Walker
78 team for a lot of reasons.
Yup, I was only 3 in 78, but still my fav team by far. First, because the frontcourt had attitude and second, they took dukes soul, and NOTHING makes me happier than watching pukes soul leave their puke filled bodies.

Reactions: fisherscatfan
Love the players....... but i dont know how anyone can watch this and not be massively frustrated that the best group of players cal has had since 2012 or 2015 and we have 8 losses already and cal's narcissism and ahole attitude has burned every bridge in the SEC/Refs/NCAA and gets these awesome kids horrible officiating because the refs and powers hate cal.

It will be a long time before we ever see a group with this much talent and we wasted it with Cal as the coach. (absolutely no chance in hell will refs and ncaa allow Cal to win another title)
Iv been saying this EXACT thing for a while after SEEING it with my own eyes, repeated on a yearly loop to the point it CAN'T be denied. If you can't see it, not sure what to tell you. C'mon they'll call 7 fouls on us in a row if they have to and then say the official did a great job to rub it in our faces. Also numbers don't lie if you wanna look up our chances of losing grow exponentially when certain officials call our games. We won't be allowed to win another title with Cal here. If I'm wrong BEST crow I'll ever eat, sorry, went to UK from 96-2001,, and yes I'm spoiled, and still know what real Kentucky basketball looks like.

I just rewatched the last few minutes of the game and had to come back to bump this thread. Reeves, Mitchell and Adou have all been closers this season. Reeves is looking at being a 1st team all-American. All three were on the bench to end the game. They could easily have pouted but they were celebrating every basket like it was the greatest shot they've ever seen. The team chemistry is second to none.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
I just rewatched the last few minutes of the game and had to come back to bump this thread. Reeves, Mitchell and Adou have all been closers this season. Reeves is looking at being a 1st team all-American. All three were on the bench to end the game. They could easily have pouted but they were celebrating every basket like it was the greatest shot they've ever seen. The team chemistry is second to none.
Chemistry is the one thing that's been consistent this year. Just wish they would guard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT