ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else notice?

I don't care about the metrics, or point spreads---So this is a "loaded" question/statement, so to speak.
But the people who rank the teams do care about metrics, which is again why officials need to officiate fairly the entire game regardless of the score difference. This isn't hard to understand.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
No its not. Again, another example of simply not understanding ALL THE aspects of controlling a high level , CBB game. I get it, You understand this more than guys who have done this for 20+ years. I forget you were probably in meetings, clinincs, at camps, when we go over this ONE aspect of the game.

But you be you.
Well you’re definitely giving us a peek behind the curtain on all the things that are wrong with NCAA officiating, so thanks

But the people who rank the teams do care about metrics, which is again why officials need to officiate fairly the entire game regardless of the score difference. This isn't hard to understand.
Its a moot point, tbh. Again, we always wanna leave out the other parts----UK letting up...giving up uncontested dunks, lay-ups----Or going cold from three(1-8). That plays just as much of a role, if not more, than officials mange the last 7 minutes of a game.

I wasn’t bitching at all, until I saw an official straight up admit he changes the way he blows the whistle based on the score. That’s wild.
Reading comprehension, understanding context is really difficult for some. But I don't expect some from a fan base that thinks the officials are "ot to get them", to understand---Or even try to understand.

OP made a post---I gave an explanation of game management---That is exercised throughout CBB. I don't expect someone who is ignorant of this process to understand. So my apologies for making your brain hurt on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

Its a moot point, tbh. Again, we always wanna leave out the other parts----UK letting up...giving up uncontested dunks, lay-ups----Or going cold from three(1-8). That plays just as much of a role, if not more, than officials mange the last 7 minutes of a game.
Yes the play will affect the metrics and no one has a problem with that, but you keep trying to run away from the claim that in a large margin officials should manage the game instead of officiating the game. That should never happen as they should always be calling a fair game, any change in metrics because of this conscious decision by officials is completely unacceptable.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Reading comprehension, understanding context is really difficult for some. But I don't expect some from a fan base that thinks the officials are "ot to get them", to understand---Or even try to understand.

OP made a post---I gave an explanation of game management---That is exercised throughout CBB. I don't expect someone who is ignorant of this process to understand. So my apologies for making your brain hurt on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
What’s the context I should be concerned about here? The score of the game dictating how an official blows the whistle? Because that’s exactly what the problem I have here is.

Coming on our board and running down our fanbase is a bold move.

Last edited:
Its called managing the game. No one is penalizing anyone. The outcome has long been decided. Lets say we call a bunch of fouls on Bama---whos already pissed, mad, etc, getting embarrassed on national TV. The players, the bench , they are pissed. So why compound it? If we call bunch of fouls on Bama, maybe they get even more pissed, more aggravated---and now someone has just had enough---and BOOM---we have anF2 type of foul. UK player gets hurt...etc...You wanna avoid this. Its what I mean by---"Keeping Bama happy, and UK healthy."--No one from UK is bitching. And no one from Bama is bitching, either.

Its just simply manage a game that has long been decided.
To me, you don’t manage personalities by changing the way you call a game. You call the game the way it should be called and if emotions or actions can’t be controlled then you remove that player from the program or change their behavior. All games should be called consistently the same reguardless the score or home town reactions. Managing the game sounds like some bush league shit they’d do at Indiana, which is why they never win shit other than disassembled hall.

I thought it was odd that Reed got called for stepping out of bounds when he did not but in final seconds of LSU game one of their playes stepped out of bounds and was not called causing us to lose both plays happened right in front of a reff.

The officials called ticky tack fouls on UK when the game was out of hand.

Why extend the game at the free throw line instead of letting the clock continue to run? Your logic makes no sense.

The fouls that were called were nothing.

I have always been a conspiracy theorist that the league office wants a bunch of teams in the tournament or an undefeated team in football and games are called make that happen. The Tebow Gators got some ridiculous calls in their day.

You need 25 years in the biz and go to 1000s of hours to clinics to only blow a call like this. These guys even reviewed it. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: STL_Cat
Here is a breakdown of the second half:

From the start to 9:57 in the game

UK: 3 fouls…..Alabama: 9

The score was 96-63 at this point

From 9:51-0:00

UK: 9 fouls….Alabama 1 foul

You don’t find that weird?

Not at all anymore. We have an official on here shamefully admitting he changes the way he blows the whistle based on the score of the game. Crazy that he’d admit that and act like we’re the crazy ones.

He tucked his tail and ran like a bitch.

• Haha
Reactions: catzfanjim
Not at all anymore. We have an official on here shamefully admitting he changes the way he blows the whistle based on the score of the game. Crazy that he’d admit that and act like we’re the crazy ones.
He post on the main board. He shits on our fans, coach and school over there, then post here like he is superior. I've post many of his comments in the past.

BUT
He is over there crying. Read this!

JFC, Rupps Rafters. Complaining about the final 7 minutes, because Bama shot more FT's..​

Jump to newWatch
[IMG alt="IUfanBorden"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/rivals/data/avatars/m/18/18484.jpg?1694929474[/IMG]

IUfanBorden

Well-Known Member​

Gold Member
I never bring their shit over here....But, hey, always a first time right?

Fan brings up that Bama shot 14-2 in FTS late----and that the whistle seemed to favor Bama. I tried to explain the concept of, "game management"---And how in a game like this, its easier to get fouls, 50/50 calls, vs UK, than it is Bama. A concept we like to call,

Keep Bama happy , and UK healthy...

COntrol emotions.

Boy was that ever a fukin mistake.

COme on over RR misfits----We on my turf now biatches.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
He wants to know who(mod) banned him. 🤣

I actually just got banned from RR...Mental midgets. I have posted there for over 12 years. I wonder what pussy pulled the trigger?- IU Borden

Does this asshole think people are going to agree with him that official should change the way they call the game based on the score, to keep the team that’s getting their asses kicked happy?

Surely no basketball fan of any team actually agrees with that … right?

Most refs I know have personality disorders. Not all though.
They need to have all gamed monitored off sight so someone can clean their mess up.
Or better yet, meet the media and coaches afterwards.

"Like I said, I don't except your hillbilly ass to understand, or be able to understand context here. Its beyond your third grade, coloring book education.

You could ask EVERY SINGLE D1 official about "game management" in this scenario, and they'd give you the same, exact explanation.

But keep responding----it only shows your ignorance, and why I don't take many of you serious when it comes to discussing the aspects of officiating.

Now go kiss your sister bye before she leaves for her job at the Waffle House."

Posters here used to actually defend this asshole like he was a good guy just looking for conversation. I always knew he was a piece of shit.

Reactions: Boyd94
Its called managing the game. No one is penalizing anyone. The outcome has long been decided. Lets say we call a bunch of fouls on Bama---whos already pissed, mad, etc, getting embarrassed on national TV. The players, the bench , they are pissed. So why compound it? If we call bunch of fouls on Bama, maybe they get even more pissed, more aggravated---and now someone has just had enough---and BOOM---we have anF2 type of foul. UK player gets hurt...etc...You wanna avoid this. Its what I mean by---"Keeping Bama happy, and UK healthy."--No one from UK is bitching. And no one from Bama is bitching, either.

Its just simply manage a game that has long been decided.
If this dude is truly an official that captures the typical officiating stance, it explains a LOT. Dude is flat out admitting they don’t call the game objectively if they deem it won’t impact the game. And does it casually as if it’s perfectly reasonable. Such a slippery slope… I can imagine applying the same logic on a more macro level, like “Well Kentucky already has a tournament bid locked up, let’s let Mississippi State win this one since they need it more.” Wtf???

Reactions: Ugoff and STL_Cat
Once we took our largest lead, 104-67, the officials called the rest of the game completely one sided. 14-2 free throws. It's like they were embarrassed for Alabama and tried to even the score some. I remember at one point it was 21-9 free-throw advantage for us. It ended up being 27-26 for them.
Went from 38 up to winning by 22. How quick they can turn a game. It also looked like we just quit playing hard and smart. Givens was pretty upset about it. Alabama kept playing like it is a 2 point game instead of quitting.

Last edited:
If this dude is truly an official that captures the typical officiating stance, it explains a LOT. Dude is flat out admitting they don’t call the game objectively if they deem it won’t impact the game. And does it casually as if it’s perfectly reasonable. Such a slippery slope… I can imagine applying the same logic on a more macro level, like “Well Kentucky already has a tournament bid locked up, let’s let Mississippi State win this one since they need it more.” Wtf???
Or... it's not going to affect the outcome of this game if team A doesn't cover the spread.

As long as I’ve been watching UK basketball SEC officials have always switched gears to favor the team behind.

And not just 30+ point leads. They do it with 15-20 point leads.

They do it on fouls too. If you see one team with 7 fouls and the other with 1 it won’t be 4 minutes of game time before SEC officials have that tied up.

Worst officials in basketball at any level.

Joe B used to complain all the time that SEC officials tried to keep you blowing out another team.
One thing I completely agree with you on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT