ADVERTISEMENT

Do we still not need Reeves ?

I think the NBA evaluation process has given him much more confidence. He looked tremendous yesterday and if he keeps it up he will be at least an All-SEC level player. Him coming back looks like a huge plus.

Cal wasn’t starting him and was only playing him 15-17 min a game at the beginning of SEC play. You’re giving Cal credit for something he wasn’t doing until he had no choice.

Cals hand was forced with a string of injuries to Wallace, Toppin, and Wheeler. That coincided with Reeves playing time increasing starting w the South Carolina game, and him being the leading scorer. The only game we had our full roster back was Florida at home and Cal and Reeves went right back to the pigeon holed role Cal had him in and only played 17min despite Reeves having multiple 25+ pt games and carrying us for the 7 precious games. Wheeler quit after and Reeves hit his playing time back.

Those are the facts. Look up his mpg game to game last season. Exhibitions Wheeler was out too so Reeves played a ton. Michigan State he rode the bench the entire home stretch of the second half despite us desperately needing scoring. Cal himself said “maybe I should have let Antonio go get buckets” in the postgame. Reeves then got som run against the mid majors bc everyone did….but once SEC play started the rotation was set and he was a spot min role player behind CJ off the bench while we ran Livingston at the 3 and OT and JT at the 5/4.

That’s the reality. That’s why Reeves wanted to transfer bc he likely felt the same would happen this season behind the highly rated class. Thankfully he couldn’t get the classes finished in time and had to come back bc we desperately needed him.
you say, "You’re giving Cal credit for something he wasn’t doing until he had no choice."

but also you aren't giving Cal credit for something that he did do.... so.....

And trust me I was losing my mind when Fredrick was playing over Reeves, I'll never understand that.

Its apparent that this Reeves guy can play.

To not have him would be one less player to run the ball and make plays.

The hate he got over one bad game is really crazy (albeit was an important game for sure). But on what planet do you not want a guy like him on your team?

Theres gonna be some games this year where he hits 5+ threes and we win because of it. Gotta have a guy like that on your team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT