ADVERTISEMENT

Do we still not need Reeves ?

No doubt his return was crucial to the team's success. I think he'll lead us in scoring this year, 16-17 ppg.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
He will be our leading scorer. He was a very important player to get back.
I was going to post the same thing. Who were the idiots bitching that we were so concerned about returning a “mid major” player. People are so dumb. He’s an SEC all conference caliber player

He shot like 75% last year, I was frustrated with the last misses today. Got to make those in the final 5 minutes. He was 2 of 4. But overall shot it real well. 8/16 and 3/7 from 3. Overall ft shooting was alright just final few minutes was the issue.
I think he was 78% from ft line last year. Which is pretty good. But for as good of a shooter he is, he should be well over 80%

I know. It’s so stupid. He’s a fantastic offensive player. Could easily be our leading scorer this year
People sometimes brainwash themselves. They will convince themselves that we don’t need AR. They convinced themselves we are better without Oscar. You see it anytime we don’t land a big recruit. It’s mental gymnastics in order to self breed optimism.

emot-munch.gif

I don't trust Cal.
You mean the Cal that started him and played 30 mpg last year ? Why would Cal not want to play Reeves ? What is it about CAL you do not trust with Reeves? Odd post, well unless you are one of the Cal haters who are just blinded by hate and do not even weigh facts into your opinion ? Not saying YOU are but several are. Maybe clarify what you mean by not trusting Cal ????

Reactions: thedahc
I know there were a few troll fans and Cal supporters who didn't think we needed Reeves.

Anyone remember their screen names so we can send them to exile this season?
This is not a complete list but it's a start

Wonder if Reeves is this years Shady Sharpe distraction...we could use his shot, but not miss his lazy defense or potential drama for a single second...

reeves I doubt comes back and I don’t care really but he is best as a 6th man with out a doubt. If these freshmen can’t beat out a guy who can’t handle the ball or defend then we’re big time screw

We don't need.an Illinois St student.

Nope. Reeves doesn't want to be here. You really want somebody on THIS Kentucky team that sees Kentucky as a last resort plan?? I don't. Let someone else deal with him trying to pad stats.

No, we don't. He hardly does anything well, save from an occasional night where he puts up points. He gives up as many as he scores, simply because he refuses to play defense. And he doesn't want to be here, else he already would be. He's not what these kids need around them. Let him go get 'his' at Illinois State.

Better than Reeves, he wants to play for uk
Screw reeves

I don’t want him back especially if he doesn’t want to be here. He’s overrated in my mind

Reeves is tough,crucial get from last year's team
I'm pretty sure a lot of the stuff with Reeves was about the fact that he was previously at Illinois state, waited a very long time with a lot of swirling rumors and it looked like there was proof he had enrolled back at Illinois state and waited till the very last second to announce to come back.

Look I cheered for the guy last year didn't have much of a problem with him, he did have some bad games when we needed him. I just never imagined in a million years it would have been the drama that led to this year. Now maybe a lot of that was just BS and just Rumors so I'm just willing to say let's go! But let's not act like it wasn't a lot of drama coming off another flop season.

I'm glad we have him if he wants to be here.

Reactions: Swan Song
I just hope this year if he is having a bad day that he defers, last year he was our only hope. We have other guys this year that can shoot.

Reactions: Swan Song
I'm pretty sure a lot of the stuff with Reeves was about the fact that he was previously at Illinois state, waited a very long time with a lot of swirling rumors and it looked like there was proof he had enrolled back at Illinois state and waited till the very last second to announce to come back.

Look I cheered for the guy last year didn't have much of a problem with him, he did have some bad games when we needed him. I just never imagined in a million years it would have been the drama that led to this year. Now maybe a lot of that was just BS and just Rumors so I'm just willing to say let's go! But let's not act like it wasn't a lot of drama coming off another flop season.

I'm glad we have him if he wants to be here.
It was manufactured drama by know nothings and a national writer that absolutely hates us.

Reeves never entered the portal.

Think about it this way, if last season ended and you didn't look at social media, this message board or listen to ksr, and then you turned on the game yesterday, would you think Reeves created "drama?"?

I like Reeves, but he seems to be either scorching hot or freezing cold at times. My guess is that Wagner will lead this team in scoring, his 3 point shot looks better than expected and he can beat most defenders off the dribble.

You mean the Cal that started him and played 30 mpg last year ? Why would Cal not want to play Reeves ? What is it about CAL you do not trust with Reeves? Odd post, well unless you are one of the Cal haters who are just blinded by hate and do not even weigh facts into your opinion ? Not saying YOU are but several are. Maybe clarify what you mean by not trusting Cal ????
Cal wasn’t starting him and was only playing him 15-17 min a game at the beginning of SEC play. You’re giving Cal credit for something he wasn’t doing until he had no choice.

Cals hand was forced with a string of injuries to Wallace, Toppin, and Wheeler. That coincided with Reeves playing time increasing starting w the South Carolina game, and him being the leading scorer. The only game we had our full roster back was Florida at home and Cal and Reeves went right back to the pigeon holed role Cal had him in and only played 17min despite Reeves having multiple 25+ pt games and carrying us for the 7 precious games. Wheeler quit after and Reeves hit his playing time back.

Those are the facts. Look up his mpg game to game last season. Exhibitions Wheeler was out too so Reeves played a ton. Michigan State he rode the bench the entire home stretch of the second half despite us desperately needing scoring. Cal himself said “maybe I should have let Antonio go get buckets” in the postgame. Reeves then got som run against the mid majors bc everyone did….but once SEC play started the rotation was set and he was a spot min role player behind CJ off the bench while we ran Livingston at the 3 and OT and JT at the 5/4.

That’s the reality. That’s why Reeves wanted to transfer bc he likely felt the same would happen this season behind the highly rated class. Thankfully he couldn’t get the classes finished in time and had to come back bc we desperately needed him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT