ADVERTISEMENT

Do we crack the Top 10 this week?

UKFAN4L

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2009
Kansas, Illinois, Baylor, Duke, and Marquette all lost above us.
I could see us at 10 or 11.

Reactions: blubo
There’s no way we move from 15 to top 10. But I doubt there’s anyone who doesn’t think we’re one of the best 10 teams right now.

Reactions: UKFAN4L
Kansas needs to have a big drop. And honestly, anyone else who lost this week, should drop below us, sans a team thats in the top5.

Duke probably won't fall behind us, but they should. They didnt have nearly as many tests in the ACC as we had in the SEC.. and the two tests they did have, UNC x2? They failed both.

An unbiased eye should look at Duke with a heck of a lot of skepticism as a top10 team. They just haven't proven anything.

10-12
We won’t and shouldn’t pass Iowa St.
We will pass KU and Auburn.
Should pass Illinois.
Probably pas Baylor.
Chance at passing Duke or Marq (but I bet not)

We won't move that far because the rationale from the media voters is that the last game of the regular season is always ripe with upsets as teams fight for those last wins to boost their positions in their conference tourneys and add one more notch on their NCAAT resumes.

I've lost track on the number of excuses made for last-day upset losses for the top 25, usually around Duke or KU.

The last regular season ranking usually doesn't shift much as the voters have made up their minds on who they want to see in what position going into the tourney, save for a couple of outliers.

Reactions: UKFAN4L
Kansas needs to have a big drop. And honestly, anyone else who lost this week, should drop below us, sans a team thats in the top5.

Duke probably won't fall behind us, but they should. They didnt have nearly as many tests in the ACC as we had in the SEC.. and the two tests they did have, UNC x2? They failed both.

An unbiased eye should look at Duke with a heck of a lot of skepticism as a top10 team. They just haven't proven anything.
Dukes 2nd best win is on neutral vs Mich St 4 months ago. 3rd best was a 1 point win at Home vs Clemson.

10-12
We won’t and shouldn’t pass Iowa St.
We will pass KU and Auburn.
Should pass Illinois.
Probably pas Baylor.
Chance at passing Duke or Marq (but I bet not)
Iowa st lost yesterday also so i could see them and uk at 9&10, 8&9.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT