ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed for our players and fans

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
but I am JACKED UP for NEXT SEASON ALREADY!! CANT WAIT for spring football and hope they have open practices during the week this spring! We've got some great pieces of this puzzle filled and could do some real damage in the SEC next fall!

Let's GO WILDCATS! LET'S KICK SOME ASSKS FOR THE NEXT 12 MONTHS AND THEN SOME!!

Love the optimism. SEC is still the SEC so will believe it when I see it that Stoops can do any serious damage.

Groundhog Day GIF by GIPHY News
but I am JACKED UP for NEXT SEASON ALREADY!! CANT WAIT for spring football and hope they have open practices during the week this spring! We've got some great pieces of this puzzle filled and could do some real damage in the SEC next fall!

I am too can't wait

Stoops needs to get a handle on his defense. Gave up 30+ points 6 times this season, 28 point 4th Q collapse vs Clemson just won't cut it. Everything from scheme, to staff, to personnel need to be reviewed. Had we been paying attention early in the season we would've seen this coming after giving up 17 pts to EKU and 28 pts to Vandy.

So does that mean Stops won't be coaching?

That would be very nice, a flashback to the Mumme days!!

Hell, we enter next season with a 5 Star QB from Georgia, our first 5 Star QB since Tim Couch.

...and Brooks. He kept a lot of practices open to the public and media until Joker became OC.

Reactions: The-Hack
Stoops needs to get a handle on his defense. Gave up 30+ points 6 times this season, 28 point 4th Q collapse vs Clemson just won't cut it. Everything from scheme, to staff, to personnel need to be reviewed. Had we been paying attention early in the season we would've seen this coming after giving up 17 pts to EKU and 28 pts to Vandy.
In defense of the .. well, defense, the offense put them in bad field positions all year with their bumbling BS.... 2 years in a row actually ...

In defense of the .. well, defense, the offense put them in bad field positions all year with their bumbling BS.... 2 years in a row actually ...
Defensive philosophy of: "Maybe their QB will throw a bad pass" needs to change. 8 sacks yesterday, playing a gimpy QB and UK goes away from pressure to 3 man rush/soft zone and it got them beat. Major changes needed on D or we'll see the same next year.

Defensive philosophy of: "Maybe their QB will throw a bad pass" needs to change. 8 sacks yesterday, playing a gimpy QB and UK goes away from pressure to 3 man rush/soft zone and it got them beat. Major changes needed on D or we'll see the same next year.
I am hoping, and I grant ya that hope isn’t much of a strategy, that Vandagriff gives us some offensive firepower that doesn’t include batted down balls, interceptions and fumbles, and adds a little more mobility and accuracy. Looking for an offense that doesn’t leave our D in a hole every other possession.

I’m disappointed that we have a program that makes the same mistakes 2 years in a row and we have a staff that cant seem to figure it out.

Reactions: billoliver40
Was hoping for a big Kentucky win over Clemson, the team needed it the conference needed it and now I’m going to get hammered by my SEC West friends up till the 24’ season starts 😒🍺

Reactions: mrschwump
What is the optimism for 2024 based upon?

1. Yenser, Buffano...even Mike Stoops isn't a solid inside Lber coach (he probably better suited for Buffano role). SO we'll have the same Oline and coach in tact....can't control LOS.
2. Defense.....
- JJ Weaver running it back does nothing for me. He's had 6 years to pop off edge and he still can't muster up mokre than 1-2 sacks in SEC play.
- Who in heck is the CB opposite Maxwell Hairston. Dre Phillips was not all that amazing but he for some rationale is thinking he's a NFL guy. So now who is field CB?
- Are we good with our Inside Lbers? Deryck Jackson is a good kid but it what he is. THe UGA transfer is a MLB and not a Will LBer...but UK is going to get even slower replacing him for Trevin Wallace.
- Anybody feel good about safety? Want to run back Zion Childress blowing thru coverages at a break neck pace again. Ty Bryant is a underrated prospect....but we're handing him the other spot?
- We just watched another game of "hey lets' keep rushing three dudes and drop eight" and hope the other team screws up vs. pressuring teams on defense. You believe White/Stoops will learn this scheme fails more than not?

3. So the main reason for any optimism is Brock Vandergriff and maybe counting on some of the D recruits in the Smith twins and Brian Robinson giving us a jolt in the arm defensively? So hoping true Fr in the front 7 feels like a good recipe? Unless Vandergriff is the 2nd coming of Cam Newton (which he's not)....it's going to be a struggle early and hope the light comes on for him later in year kind of offense.

Reactions: bigbluedon
What is the optimism for 2024 based upon?

1. Yenser, Buffano...even Mike Stoops isn't a solid inside Lber coach (he probably better suited for Buffano role). SO we'll have the same Oline and coach in tact....can't control LOS.
2. Defense.....
- JJ Weaver running it back does nothing for me. He's had 6 years to pop off edge and he still can't muster up mokre than 1-2 sacks in SEC play.
- Who in heck is the CB opposite Maxwell Hairston. Dre Phillips was not all that amazing but he for some rationale is thinking he's a NFL guy. So now who is field CB?
- Are we good with our Inside Lbers? Deryck Jackson is a good kid but it what he is. THe UGA transfer is a MLB and not a Will LBer...but UK is going to get even slower replacing him for Trevin Wallace.
- Anybody feel good about safety? Want to run back Zion Childress blowing thru coverages at a break neck pace again. Ty Bryant is a underrated prospect....but we're handing him the other spot?
- We just watched another game of "hey lets' keep rushing three dudes and drop eight" and hope the other team screws up vs. pressuring teams on defense. You believe White/Stoops will learn this scheme fails more than not?

3. So the main reason for any optimism is Brock Vandergriff and maybe counting on some of the D recruits in the Smith twins and Brian Robinson giving us a jolt in the arm defensively? So hoping true Fr in the front 7 feels like a good recipe? Unless Vandergriff is the 2nd coming of Cam Newton (which he's not)....it's going to be a struggle early and hope the light comes on for him later in year kind of offense.
No improvement will be made moving forward until the diarrhea defense is fixed. UK gave up 30+ points to their opponents 6 times this year, losing 5 of those games. I don't know if it's scheme, personnel, staff or a combination but something has to change or UK will be stuck in 5-7/6-6 forever.

When we were bringing pressure Clemson struggled, no doubt. I think we have the personnel we just have to play more aggressively period, especially late in games. We have the depth to rest guys so I dont think we're getting tired and I think we have enough talent in the back end, I just think the coaches get tight and play careful and that energy translates to the field as well as the players lose their edge and energy and aggressivness. It just has to change.

Our front seven should be good next year. The secondary could be a disaster tho. Idk what they are going to do at corner. On offense it’s going to depend if Brock is good or not. It’s honestly really that simple

I’m disappointed that we have a program that makes the same mistakes 2 years in a row and we have a staff that cant seem to figure it out.

I generally never let a loss bother me. I normally piss and moan about it for a few hours then let it go. This morning I woke up still pissed about how they lost that game. Yeah, we had three hurtful turnovers. but they recovered by fighting back and taking the lead. For that I was very proud of the boys. To me this loss was the equivalent of that damn Laettner shot. Coaches should have had someone guarding the inbounds pass, but it was a wide-open uncontested throw to that grinning Laettner for the win with seconds left Yesterday, coaches would not pressure the QB playing a prevent defense which allowed him to march down the field for a punch in win with seconds left. It was simply bullshit and very preventable. JMO

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT