ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham says John Welch was responsible for his great shooting

Absolutely!

One is saying all the right things trying not to stir the pot. The other is being transparent.
Wild concept here, but Reed may also mean what he’s saying. This thought that Reed is praising Cal because he’s trying to say the right things is silly. He obviously enjoyed playing for Cal and has been over the top in saying that. Rob by all accounts feels the opposite.

Sure, the coach is to blame. But everyone in sports knows that you're always remembered for your last game. They completely choked in the most important game of the season, that's on them. Cal definitely could have managed the roster better, should have started them, but they took the shots and missed. They played terrible defense. Cal didn't do any of those things. Love what they did during the season, but what really matters is how you finish. That's what needed to change around here, and Pope is the right one to make that happen.
And again. Dilly’s quote on not having a defensive scheme is on Cal. Geez. Not sure how you can even continue to argue about it.

And again. Dilly’s quote on not having a defensive scheme is on Cal. Geez. Not sure how you can even continue to argue about it.
I don't like Cal. But I'm not going to say all of this was 100% on him. Dilly also said players were doing their own thing, and that is NOT just because Cal wasn't teaching a game plan. How can you continue to defend players putting their own interests before that of the program? Why do you think Pope wanted a clean slate?

Wild concept here, but Reed may also mean what he’s saying. This thought that Reed is praising Cal because he’s trying to say the right things is silly. He obviously enjoyed playing for Cal and has been over the top in saying that. Rob by all accounts feels the opposite.
Rob said during the season he was ok coming off the bench. Based on his statements lately do you think he meant it? Reed may feel about Cal just like he’s saying. But I don’t think it’s even close to a wild concept to think he’s just taking the high road on his way to the nba draft.

Cal will be right back to his antiquated ways without Welch on the sidelines in Fayetteville.
It's exactly what he did as soon as his bwootay tightened last year it's true!!! Immediately took the air out of the ball and went to multiple non shooting bigs( wouldn't even let Z be a shooting big though he could, criminal)
What did it for me was him saying we're okay we're getting the ball inside during the Oakland game at halftime, while we got shredded by Jacks non stop 3s as he asked why Cal was only coach that didn't even try to adjust positioning of defenders against him! Jack said it himself

So that quote is really out of context and it implies things that the full quotes don't. The full quotes are:

“My defense lacks at times,” Dillingham said. “But I feel like when I actually give effort and I know the game plan, then I really know what to do. Sometimes, I don’t know the game plan, and it gets me off, so I’m halfway going. But I feel like when I actually know the game plan, I’m a great defender, when it comes to being on the ball and terrorizing the ball.”

“I feel like in college, we weren’t all the way locked in on defense,” Dillingham said. “So we would all be thinking different stuff, so we’ll play it different ways. And it would look like, ‘Oh, he’s not playing defense.’ But we really think we’re playing the right defense, you know?
Was this supposed to be a defense of Cal?

The context didn't change....anything. Still not a great quote at all.

Here’s another interesting note:

Dillingham said: His and team defense suffered because "they didn't know the game plan" so everyone was "thinking different stuff" and "playing different ways." Good lord. Bye bye Cal. #BBN
Good grief. After listening to Cal speak at the final press conference, I recall thinking there wasn’t a game plan vs Oakland (except for the usual, “Goooo! Runnnn!”), but for a player to say these things is upsetting. A coach must prepare their team for each opponent! There’s no excuse for this.

Have you ever written anything critical of Calipari?

Seems like you didn't consistently write here for years until the Cal cult went running for cover. Now all you've seemed to be interested in is shielding Calipari since he left.

Weird stuff.
He should be on your calboi master list. He's a stalker as well.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Good grief. After listening to Cal speak at the final press conference, I recall thinking there wasn’t a game plan vs Oakland (except for the usual, “Goooo! Runnnn!”), but for a player to say these things is upsetting. A coach must prepare their team for each opponent! There’s no excuse for this.
Cal was too busy putting out his first podcast the week of the NCAAT. That showed he could care less about UK and was all about himself. That's all it ever was.

Who's gonna be in charge of Arkansas' offense or gameplanning? It's not gonna be Cal because that's too much work. Kenny Payne can develop big men individually but he is a moron when it comes to scheming. Chin is too much of a drunk to get anything done, not to mention he was in charge of our defense last year. Enough said. And Brad, lololololololololololol.

I can't see how this turns out well for Arkansas unless their individual talent is just overwhelming. That's the only way Cal was able to win here.

I posted several times about the complete lack of any team defensive coaching. Many posters will just never accept it for whatever reason. Bottom line when a guy comes off a double screen you can't expect someone to fight through both those and still get there in time. That was our entire defensive game plan vs Oakland and undoubtedly why their coach was excited to draw us.

But that's why guys like reed and rob will look much better defensively in the NBA. They won't be on a team playing defense in an island.

Rob said during the season he was ok coming off the bench. Based on his statements lately do you think he meant it? Reed may feel about Cal just like he’s saying. But I don’t think it’s even close to a wild concept to think he’s just taking the high road on his way to the nba draft.
It's a lot easier to say those things when you're riding high on big money coming your way. Most of us peons put up with real crap in life when we're getting paid that day. Maybe during the season it was easier for him to put up with it because he knew he was heading to the pros. I have no doubt, though, that both of them would have followed Cal to Arkansas.

Last edited:
It's a lot easier to say those things when you're riding high on big money coming your way. Most of us peons put up with real crap in life when we're getting paid that day. Maybe during the season it was easier for him to put up with it because he knew he was heading to the pros. I have no doubt, though, that both of them would have followed Cal to Arkansas.
There’s not a chance in this world Reed Sheppard would have followed Cal to Arkansas. And I suspect the chances of Dillingham following him wouldn’t have been much better.

This is a huge issue that has been getting swept under the rug and can't be hidden any longer haha

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
It's 💯 on the coach to demand all out war squat down arms up defense. Its a direct reflection of their training and the coaches standards. Professional NBA analysts reviewing film from last year absolutely exposed our teams lack of defensive fundamentals as well as effort, nobody ever seemed to know where to be.

Wow he's definitely saying a lot with this. Seems like he's addressing the illusion that the Cow was bigger than the school, he can't be happy with how he was used, no way, I know we werent!
We need to work on a Chicken like character (COWers away from accountability n flew the coop) adorned in hogslop n red (fits him better) and really captures his spiritual essence of hyperinflation of ego w a kneeling before the flag that allows everyone the freedom they enjoy, (even if they are unaware of it in their little safety capsule life)
Where's catphite, the chicken emperor BEGOK needs some clothes

I posted several times about the complete lack of any team defensive coaching. Many posters will just never accept it for whatever reason. Bottom line when a guy comes off a double screen you can't expect someone to fight through both those and still get there in time. That was our entire defensive game plan vs Oakland and undoubtedly why their coach was excited to draw us.

But that's why guys like reed and rob will look much better defensively in the NBA. They won't be on a team playing defense in an island.
Many of us saw this but CCC couldn't the whole game!!! I STILL can't get over how Jack himself was saying why won't they at least try to adjust their defense and stop me from getting to my same favorite spots??! No wonder he didn't miss lol
P.S. WE FREAKING LOVE YOU JACK !!!

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT