ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham OTE scouting report...

TheySoSensitive

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Watched him in every OTE game. 37%fg 43% 3pt 15.5ppg 4.8ast 2.8rpg 2.5spg. Hes currently 5-22 17pts 5reb 7ast in this game...not gonna lie if I said I wasn't worried about his finishing ability. He's very flashy but he really struggles to finish, part of that is taking Allen Iverson shots.

He can go wherever he wants to whenever he wants to. Hes a slippery player who is stupid quick and I've yet to see anyone stay in front of him 1v1. He doesn't need a screen. He doesn't care who's guarding him. His ability to do this puts immense pressure on the defense.

Missed a bunch of floaters but that shot is always going to be there for him and is easy to get good at quickly.

Unbelievable instincts. He does not think on the court, it's all instinctive. Even when he's shooting bad he constantly finds open guys and his passing ability is underrated. He also has a wizard like handle that allows him to go full speed without worrying about the ball....it's like he's got magnets in his hands.

With the bad shots you generally get a guy who drives like a bat out of hell and is wreckless(Wheeler), Dillingham goes fast yet he's never out of control.

Defensively it's hard to tell, nobody seems to really try on that Cold Hearts team on D unless it's close and they seem terrible so it's usually not. He does average 2.5spg. He has the potential to be a really good defender with his quickness and length.

He makes things easier on his teammates. He should have about 15 assists and has amazing vision on the drive and dish. Everytime he's in the paint he gets someone a layup or wide open 3. I thought he'd be a guy who shoots everytime they drive but that's absolutely not the case. They don't really have a big that's an alley OOP threat on his OTE team but Collins and Ugo are *perfect* for his style of play. Penetrate, draw the big, toss it up there for our guys to slam it home.

Another thing about his passing. He really understands timing and angles, how each guy likes the ball delivered. Not sure if that's another thing that is just natural to him, he sure makes it look that way. He flat out does things that his peers cannot. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he averaged 8-10apg next year.

Something we've been missing is a killer instinct, this dude has it. He will bury you and tell you about it before, during, and after it happens.

Doesn't have to score to have a major effect on the game. He shot awful this game and continually pressured the defense and found open shooters. Like a natural shooter, he also kept taking open shots. I'd rather a guy with his ability go that route instead of clamming up like CJ has. Some may see that as a negative but what it tells me is he believes in his ability 100% of the time(we've had a few guys recently lose confidence and it really hurt their game). The second a shot leaves his hands he has reset mentally. Also doesn't hurt that he can be 0-11 and then score 15 points in 4 minutes.

I feel comfortable saying he's one of those guys who's just got 'it', and I could see him carrying a team to a title in March with his ability to go OFF when his shot is falling. How many times have we seen a guard go bonkers and carry his team deep into the tourney? Happens almost every year.

Nobody is going to be able to stay in front of he and Wagner. Teams are going to have to zone us and hope we aren't knocking them down.

He's going to be a star if he will accept coaching. Wish we could have him lifting like now...he can't be over 160 dripping wet. Would also help him finish through contact.

Handle - 10/10

Passing - 8/10

Vision - 9/10

Shooting - 6/10(would be better if he weren't shooting 37% from the field). Some games this is a 10/10, some games(like the one he just played) it's a 3/10.

Intangibles - 8/10

Speed/quickness - 10/10

Bball IQ/Instinct - 8/10

Strength - 3/10

I can try to answer any specific questions if I've not covered them. This is all from OTE games, where there is a lot more talent than a HS team would face.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News