ADVERTISEMENT

David Sisk looks at Carr

K, thanks

I always called Calipari bigs pogo sticks. Things can bounce but that’s about it.

These are paid professionals who aren’t even members of the team. Might want to relax, have some kosher cheese bites, take in the sights or something. You’ll be alright...

Reactions: NociHTTP
Effort or want to eas not the problem. Anything with a screen, either on or off the ball, were automatic baskets. Players can't defend screens on their own. It's team defense.

Nothing showed that better than the Oakland game. Cal expected guys to individually defend double and stagger screens. That's impossible and gets exactly what we got. That's undoubtedly why their coach was excited when they drew us.
YES all that is true. But ONE guy breaks down (and we didn't have any elite defenders), it cost the whole team.

Lot of our fans are showing their asses the way they talk about our players.
They aren’t our players and calling skinny guys toothpicks isn’t bashing. Saying they need bandaids is light hearted teasing.

Some of yall need to get out more. It’s clear you spend all your time on the internet.

Reactions: NociHTTP and UK90
Has anyone looked at where we'd rank in blocks if all these guys stay the same? I have to think we'd be top 5ish. Surely not many teams avg 5+ blocks per game?

Has anyone looked at where we'd rank in blocks if all these guys stay the same? I have to think we'd be top 5ish. Surely not many teams avg 5+ blocks per game?
OK.. Looked up part of it... 5 blocks get you in the top 20. 6 blocks get you in the top 6. #1 was 6.5 bpg.

OK.. Looked up part of it... 5 blocks get you in the top 20. 6 blocks get you in the top 6. #1 was 6.5 bpg.
Looks like we have 4.8 bpg just with the 3 bigs. So extra pt for a couple of them and then you have to think everyone else gets a block here and there.... We should be top 15ish in blocks.

You too my man! I give players crap all the time, but I was specifically responding to the poster that called the kids toothpicks and then said they needed bandaids. That’s insults, not constructive criticism. Believe me my man I criticized Saul Smith all the way to Justin Edwards, but not the way the poster I replied to did. That’s all. I think we probably agree and are of the same opinion to be honest, just read the specific post I responded to.
I get it but if you are that offended with someone being called a toothpick you must not have went to public school. How can you navigate life?

Lot of our fans are showing their asses the way they talk about our players.
Our players??? No, they were Cal's players, guys who didn't give two sheets about the University of Kentucky. Guys who treated the number of games in a season as if they were forced to work a shift a McDonald's. Just counting away the hours before they could run off to riches , and do the least amount of work possible in the process. If you think Cal's "trust the process" doesn't also include "keep tabs on your draft status", then you're lost forever. These dudes are getting paid to play college basketball, they can and SHOULD be willing to take the criticism because, quite frankly, they deserved every bit of it. That's why Pope is here, to get guys in here who want to play for the fans of the University of Kentucky.

That’s true to an extent. However, they had to compensate these guys for their talents. Capitalism at its finest. I know it’s not traditional and it’s different, but the NCAA and college conferences were getting filthy rich off the backs of these kids. Wasn’t right.
They just waited so long it was the wrong way to do it. I hope something changes soon. The unlimited transfer and being allowed to be paid by anyone has to stop.

Oscar looked fine defending in the Pacers games I watched him in. He dominates the G league too. So coaching helps all for sure. He’s not the best but he works.

Putting Oscar in switches on screens was criminal. Drop coverage only minimally worse. He wasn't a great defender but way better than his college coaching let him show.

And yes the narrative about Oscar going rogue, if it is to be believed, was not on defense. We know that because lance ware was constantly in drop coverage too when he was in. So that was definitely the staff's call.

Say what you want these kids are getting paid to play basketball now. Likely making more than any of us. If I want to criticize I’m going to. Especially since it’s my money they are being paid with.

I get it but if you are that offended with someone being called a toothpick you must not have went to public school. How can you navigate life?

I think you should start a thread about our starting point guard next year and then you can have a weirdo go “Better than Justin Edwards and his big ears!” and then see if anyone responds. Was just calling out a stupid immature post for what it was. A post that had nothing to do with Carr. Nothing wrong with being an adult with class. Really not a big deal guys lol

Reactions: hmt5000
They were toothpicks who, for whatever reason, refused to play hard defense, set real picks, and just get after it. FACT. Keep getting offended with that sock account all you want. Calipari >>>>>>>>
You are one to talk about sock accounts…. What is this one? Number 5?

Reactions: Ron Mehico
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT