ADVERTISEMENT

Dana Carvey’s son dead at 32

That sucks. I can remember him referencing his son a long long time ago in his acts

^yup! No one cares about 100K dying from fentanyl ODs (225K from ODs in general) or veterans killing themselves at the rate of 1 an hour for years now but they can’t talk enough about Ukraine, Hamas, Covid, etc. We’re definitely America First these days… 🙄

How do you propose to hold them accountable?
We could start by completely shutting down the border, using the military if necessary. One would think that the deaths of many thousands of Americans caused by foreigners would be more than enough to merit such a response. It was on 9/11, but for some reason this is treated differently.

We could also not enter into deals with China like the one that happened this week where we essentially agreed to become a green energy customer for decades to come in order to lower carbon emissions.

So to wit- China burns coal to create green energy products that we force ourselves to buy in the name of climate change while they poison our people. All while our energy prices (and everything associated with them) continue to skyrocket.

But no mean tweets.

Last edited:
Back to the thread topic…wouldn’t all ODs be accidental? Why do we call them that?

Well that’s somewhat true. Every user knows they’re going to OD at some point but not that they’re trying to. But habitual recreational use leads to “ODs”, doctor prescribed ODs are “accidental”.

How do you propose to hold them accountable?

1) Deport 10 Chinese students for every single fentanyl death

2) Fine the government of Mexico for each death through increasing taxes on Mexican remittances back home (US to Mexico)

I'd also hold our loser druggie community accountable by locking up users. The fact that we have decriminalized drug use has led to this. It was SOOOOO obvious.

No amount of prohibition will ever curb America’s appetite for drugs or alcohol. Not sure why so many people think that if we just try harder, jail more people, spend more money, the problem will go away.

A century ago the USA tried a 13 year long experiment on prohibition. It was not only an abject failure, but it made things far worse. But, hey…let’s not learn from past mistakes. Let’s keep repeating them. Pfft!

But no mean tweets.
This comment has become a bizarre, bumper sticker-like crutch for some, as if fentanyl/drugs didn't exist and the border wasn't already a mess between 2016 and 2020. Tying Donald Trump's presidency to this thread is just...he's not the gd savior of America. And fwiw, while the border continues to be a mess, I guess we went from "Build a Wall" to "Hey, let's just shut the border down, isolate ourselves from the world, and if need be, turn the military loose on the Mexico/US line and stop those gd foreigners!"

America has problems. Guess what? Those problems existed while Trump was in office too. The weird "everything is sunshine and rainbows" when one man you voted for wins to "everything is an immediate disaster" when he loses mindset is again, bizarre.

No amount of prohibition will ever curb America’s appetite for drugs or alcohol. Not sure why so many people think that if we just try harder, jail more people, spend more money, the problem will go away.

A century ago the USA tried a 13 year long experiment on prohibition. It was not only an abject failure, but it made things far worse. But, hey…let’s not learn from past mistakes. Let’s keep repeating them. Pfft!

It's easy to prove your first point is incorrect. De-criminalization of drug laws has had a direct effect on the number of drug deaths.

Prohibition wasn't an abject failure. It cut down on drinking, alcohol-related deaths, and violence overall. I'm not advocating going back to prohibition, but we should increase the alcohol tax. 88K people die per year from drinking. And like 1 in 10 of adults are alcoholics.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
It's easy to prove your first point is incorrect. De-criminalization of drug laws has had a direct effect on the number of drug deaths.

Prohibition wasn't an abject failure. It cut down on drinking, alcohol-related deaths, and violence overall. I'm not advocating going back to prohibition, but we should increase the alcohol tax. 88K people die per year from drinking. And like 1 in 10 of adults are alcoholics.

Alcohol Prohibition Was a Failure

Reactions: grevey35 and chroix
There are things to try for sure. Closing the damn border is a good start. Maybe treating China as what they are. Quit spending all our money on useless waste and put it into mental health and education. Try something.

The fact is that whatever we are doing now, which is nothing, certainly isn’t working.

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Reactions: kyboy1998
This comment has become a bizarre, bumper sticker-like crutch for some, as if fentanyl/drugs didn't exist and the border wasn't already a mess between 2016 and 2020. Tying Donald Trump's presidency to this thread is just...he's not the gd savior of America. And fwiw, while the border continues to be a mess, I guess we went from "Build a Wall" to "Hey, let's just shut the border down, isolate ourselves from the world, and if need be, turn the military loose on the Mexico/US line and stop those gd foreigners!"

America has problems. Guess what? Those problems existed while Trump was in office too. The weird "everything is sunshine and rainbows" when one man you voted for wins to "everything is an immediate disaster" when he loses mindset is again, bizarre.
Maga: The deficit and every problem in America today started on 1/20/2021. 🤣

Crime rates (especially violent crime) went up during Prohibition. Also alcohol became more dangerous to consume due to people making their own and not having it all regulated

I despise Trump and he would never get my vote, but we need to close the border. At least until we’re able to control entry. It’s totally out of control. Not sure how anyone can even begin to argue against that. But I guess that what you guys do.

Crime rates (especially violent crime) went up during Prohibition. Also alcohol became more dangerous to consume due to people making their own and not having it all regulated

All very true. Further, it created widespread corruption with police, judges and politicians taking bribes to look the other way. And worst of all, it enabled the mafia to take hold in nearly every city in America because they willingly stepped in and took over the distribution of alcohol. Al Capone became so rich and powerful he’s still a household name today.

Too many people don’t know the history. And it’s sad. Hell, prohibition was enacted through an amendment to the US constitution. A very difficult (rightfully so) process. And it was repealed through the same process. It was repealed because the cure was 10 times worse than the ailment.

I despise Trump and he would never get my vote, but we need to close the border. At least until we’re able to control entry. It’s totally out of control. Not sure how anyone can even begin to argue against that. But I guess that what you guys do.
No one is really arguing. I think everyone agrees the border is a problem, it's just that it's been a problem before, during, and after Trump's presidency. Maybe you close it briefly as a pause to get a handle on things, but there are some who'd rather keep it closed permanently because we like to use foreigners as a scapegoat for all our problems in society. Donald had his chance to fix things with his tough talk and wall ideas with Mexico paying for it and it went nowhere. Thus, my post to Jumper regarding the "mean tweets" thing as if he could solve the issue. No wonder these two guys aren't popular...Biden has ignored the problem and all Trump did was talk about it.

Regardless, RIP to the young man. Only other thing that can be said is try to make better choices in life. That may sound harsh here but I'll never find myself in a situation where I'm a victim of any type of overdose.

Reactions: Tannerdad
For those advocating completely "closing" the border, do you have any idea how much commerce occurs across the border every single day? How much food comes across? How much electronics comes across? How many *legal* workers cross each day and work in the US, then return at night.

Not to mention the number of US citizens who live in Mexico but work in the US.

It would cause huge damage to our economy and violate rights of thousands of US citizens. I thought conservatives cared about things like rights and the economy.

It’s obvious some don’t understand what closing the border actually means.

There’s an actual process to use to come into our country. Maybe use it.

That doesn’t stop workers who are legal or commerce. It stops the thousands upon thousands who just circumvent the system.

None of that happens anymore.

It’s obvious some don’t understand what closing the border actually means.

There’s an actual process to use to come into our country. Maybe use it.

That doesn’t stop workers who are legal or commerce. It stops the thousands upon thousands who just circumvent the system.

None of that happens anymore.

I thought this thread was about stopping fentanyl from getting in. A poster suggested "completely shutting down the border."

Now you're changing the meaning of that to stopping individuals from crossing the border.

But is that where/how most of the illegal drugs are getting across the border and into the US?

As a person living in a border town, from what I see on local news, most of the drugs coming across are smuggled in large quantities via trucks and cars crossing legally. Our authorities catch some of that. But to catch it all would require so much time stopping each and every crosser and carefully inspecting every vehicle and every load.

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix
For those advocating completely "closing" the border, do you have any idea how much commerce occurs across the border every single day? How much food comes across? How much electronics comes across? How many *legal* workers cross each day and work in the US, then return at night.

It would cause huge damage to our economy and violate rights of thousands of US citizens. I thought conservatives cared about things like rights and the economy.
100K Americans - mostly young - are dead each year and you only care about some shitty products and some Mexican laborers. Get bent.

Reactions: roguemocha
1) Deport 10 Chinese students for every single fentanyl death

2) Fine the government of Mexico for each death through increasing taxes on Mexican remittances back home (US to Mexico)

I'd also hold our loser druggie community accountable by locking up users. The fact that we have decriminalized drug use has led to this. It was SOOOOO obvious.
We haven’t decriminalized drug use besides marijuana but in a couple cities. Marijuana has been in many states but it basically has zero effect on Mexico. They don’t bother with weed as much anymore because opioids and blow make way more money.

Locking up users has never worked, they get out a couple weeks later and continue the same behavior. All we do is give them a couple week break, get them some sleep and fatten them up so they’re healthier on their journey back to drugs.

I’m pretty sure people who say close the border mean stop illegal entry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT