ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Hurley supposed to be on Cowherd at 2:15

He’s a strange guy. He’d leave too quickly anyway.

Hurley has had an incredible 2 year run. But, and this is a big but, he has never done ANYTHING before 2 years ago. 1 Sweet 16 was as good as it got. If he turns us down, I have to believe that we dodged a bullet. If he comes to UK, I will just focus on this 2 years of success.

Yo this guy is Duke not Kentucky. His family has strong ties to Duke. His brother is the king of the dukes. His dad loves Coach k.
If Duke needs a coach that's where this son of a bitch is going even if he was the coach of Kentucky.
Stop on the Dan Hurley. He is Duke's. 1000000%

Never trust anything Dukish. I'm surprised I have to point this out to people. I mean we're talking about Bobby Hurley's brother. Wtf
K

There is likely a 2-5% chance he says yes…but if you have the money you HAVE to offer to make him the highest paid college coach of any sport & offer to make all his assistants filthy rich. He likely turns it down for family & culture reasons. But you HAVE to make the offer Mitch. It’s negligence if you don’t.

Money is like a drug and they were not loaded until recently. I strogly suspect they're open to more of it.

“I can’t afford a divorce right now. I just started making money.”

Reading between the lines on that interview ... he ain't coming. His wife wouldn't let him take a job years ago for more money and he brought that up, Cowherd brought up someone offering him a TON of money and his response was basically "It's flattering, but I have a long career of turning down jobs and money to stay places that fit me". Mentions a 3 peat is the only thing on anyones mind.

That's a wrap on him.
This^^^ Still think in the end, It'll be Mitch's boy(Drew) , No search committee this time, just Mitch

Reading between the lines on that interview ... he ain't coming. His wife wouldn't let him take a job years ago for more money and he brought that up, Cowherd brought up someone offering him a TON of money and his response was basically "It's flattering, but I have a long career of turning down jobs and money to stay places that fit me". Mentions a 3 peat is the only thing on anyones mind.

That's a wrap on him.
I actually thought he'd be much more definitive in his answer.

I'm encouraged by what I heard.

IMO, he at least wants to be asked, and didn't slam the door on coming.

So Dep, are you not concerned about the fact that Hurley's record prior to last year was unimpressive, to say the least? Yeah, 2 titles are fantastic but is he the real deal or the flavor of the month?

Reactions: deplion
So Dep, are you not concerned about the fact that Hurley's record prior to last year was unimpressive, to say the least? Yeah, 2 titles are fantastic but is he the real deal or the flavor of the month?
I'm not crazy over his personality. Billy D or Nate Oats are better fits there, but watching UConn this year -- especially in the tourney, I thought they were one of the best coached teams I have ever seen.

Everyone knew their role, knew where to be on the court, played with confidence, and executed at a high level.

He won me over. I'm convinced he'd do an amazing job here.

She's cute though. But hey, I'm in my mid-Forties, everything looks cute to me.
I've got a pussy (cat), she's got four legs and doesn't clean herself well, and spits venom if you barely touch her. Maybe you're into that kind of thing?

dep, I think his response was pretty clear. He's basically saying "I have a long history of saying no, don't waste your time", and he's very clearly focused on winning three straight which would make him an absolute legend. At that level of coaching, it's not really about the money anymore. It's ego.

dep, I think his response was pretty clear. He's basically saying "I have a long history of saying no, don't waste your time", and he's very clearly focused on winning three straight which would make him an absolute legend. At that level of coaching, it's not really about the money anymore. It's ego.
You could be right.

On the other hand, it's far easier to say you have no interest before you have the actual $60+ million dollars sitting in front of you.

He'll meet with Barnhart if approached. It is how the game is played. The coaching field is a small world at that level and everybody wants to avoid stepping on toes in the country club. Folks saying what will or will not happen at this juncture are either trolling or are completely clueless.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA

That's a wrap on him.
Hurley was never a possibility

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
He'll meet with Barnhart if approached. It is how the game is played. The coaching field is a small world at that level and everybody wants to avoid stepping on toes in the country club. Folks saying what will or will not happen at this juncture are either trolling or are completely clueless.
You gotta at least send some people to meet with him and his wife. Not just a feeler on a phone call. Barney’s justification for hiring drew will be because he went weak on Hurley and skipped several others on his list to make a good ole boy hire. This is what this guy has done to our bb program. He paid zero attention to cal the first time around too. If not for Mike Pratt we’d be in far worse shape.

Pussy can't be that good.
ADPEN3.gif

Did you watch his team at all this year? The man can coach. Back to back and after a 3 peat...was just luck? He is the Grand Slam hire but there are other home runs out there. Drew is not my top pick, not even top 3 or 4 but he's still a home run hire, too. The SEC/UK has a great problem, that we can afford anyone that's remotely willing.

Last edited:

Yes, he had every opportunity to say, " I was offered the UK job (we know he has been), but I declined the offer. I'm happy and staying at UConn." If he knew for sure he wasn't taking the job, or had already rejected the offer, he would have said so and put the issue to bed. I think he is still in play, might be playing it for all he can get, or at least wants some time to mull it over.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Anyone thinking Hurley would come here was delusional, why would he? They just won back to back. UCONN has been the best program for 15 years, certainly a better one than we’ve been. Some people got to get over this mentality that anyone will come here just because we’re UK.
UConn has no prestige, it has no history, it has no fans, nobody watches their games, their women’s team outshines them, their facilities are pewp, it is not a destination job. UK is like no other. Idc if they won back to back, fl did that as well. They are the luckiest program to have ever existed tho.

Reactions: Mr_GG and TFCats11
No. Coaches have to break through. Once they do it’s about maintaining momentum.

He won a title…. Rebuilt an entirely different team and won another. That’s more impresssive than Billy D winning back to back with the same starting 5.

Now that Hurley has all the momentum and big name brand, it becomes easier from this point forward for him as long as his priorities remain and his drive remains.

Watch his body language in that. Very reserved. He may still say no but he’s been asked.
No, he's been contacted. I don't think there has been an official sit down nor rejection. I'll throw in the towel on Hurley when it happens and he...or his wife😅 turns it down.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
There’s a Fox News article about her from the other day he defers everything to her and she doesn’t care about basketball. FYI. He would be slam dunk without her
Maybe not.
But she's a woman, so she cares A LOT about $$$,$$$,$$$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT