ADVERTISEMENT

Current status of Osobor visit ... ?

Ripcord65

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
Anybody know the current status of Osobor visit ? Have his parents arrived in the U.S. ? Has the family arrived in Lexington ? Etc., etc. ?

Reactions: Fox2monk
My friend ... I saw my first live U.K. basketball game on January 30, 1954. :cool:
I offer that as an indirect explanation for why I don't know how to follow a live stream.
My first game i remember was late in 69 was almost 5 years old. My first favorite team (due to my age) was 1975. I am in the technology field and I too have issues with this ever changing technology. Seems I am always studying to keep in with Business technology.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I remember hearing the name "Cotton Nash" in 1966...but when I heard the name I pictured an old black guy playing blues guitar. lol was before I got into basketball.
"Play me a song, Cotton Nash, Cotton Nash;
Tune up your guitar and I'll give you all my cash.
People say you were useless, but them people all were fools,
Cotton Nash was the finest picker to ever sing the blues."

Last edited:
If his parents came over from England for the visit, I'd say that's a really good sign.
They have come over to attend all of his visits with him over the next week. But I do think if he leaves without committing, he likely will end up elsewhere.

Question is will he actually take the other two OVs. Let's hope not! Wrap him up BEFORE he leaves campus.

My first game i remember was late in 69 was almost 5 years old. My first favorite team (due to my age) was 1975. I am in the technology field and I too have issues with this ever changing technology. Seems I am always studying to keep in with Business technology.
My first game I was a child and it was the blue white game the year we were on probation in the early fifties . I remember the adults claiming the blue white teams were the best two teams in the nation

The Daily Show Boom GIF

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Well, he and Carr wanted to play together and Osobor and Williams are both from England and played together there and all three have the same agent, who at least agreed with Williams
and Carr choosing Kentucky. Put all that together and I hear Mark Pope saying "You're a Cat!".

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Cotton Nash is the only UK player in history to lead the cats in scoring average, rebounding average and assist average in the same season, 62/63

One of the all time greats at UK. Averaged more than 20ppg each of 3 seasons and more than 10 rebounds each of 3 seasons. No other UK player averaged 20 and 10 each of 3 separate seasons.

rr

Just drove past Pope and Osobor on New Circle rd. They were jamming out to that "Buckle Up put ya phone down" song. Pretty good sign I believe.
That Buckle Up song is cringe. Guy sounds like he's romantically involved with his seatbelt. Tormented. Even grunts a few times. I turn it down every time it comes on. TURRIBLE. 😆

Reactions: catben
Cotton Nash is the only UK player in history to lead the cats in scoring average, rebounding average and assist average in the same season, 62/63

One of the all time greats at UK. Averaged more than 20ppg each of 3 seasons and more than 10 rebounds each of 3 seasons. No other UK player averaged 20 and 10 each of 3 separate seasons.

rr
Cawood always really praised Cotton Nash, I however, never saw him play.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
Question is will he actually take the other two OVs. Let's hope not! Wrap him up BEFORE he leaves campus.
"The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray". Who said this? From what book?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT