ADVERTISEMENT

Credit (Some) to JC

Blisterpac

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2022
I've been so elated with the Wildcats win last night, I got the feeling I may never have another sad day.
I thought I would give Cal some credit. Yep, it's me the constant Cal detractor eating some crow for not taking on the 8 1/2 pt spread, given the 3 straight home losses.
Here's your credit, Cal, and it is "earned not given". From all reports you did what you do best and that's the positive mindset you had your players in before the game. Joel Osteen has nothing on you.
You had our kids believing that they had the skill to do this and if they played close to their skill level they could win.
You had our guards up in the grill of Auburn's guards, making it difficult for Auburn to initiate their offense. You had Adou and Ugo to equalize the inside game and rode that.
You stuck with the "floppy action" that had Auburn on their heels and rode the Reeves train to the win.
You sent an Auburn crowd home grumbling after they had blown out South Carolina. They just stayed on campus for 3 days camping out with tents all over Auburn's campus and a line wrapped around the Neville Stadium waiting to do the same to the Ky Wildcats who were on a down cycle. Losing never crossed their minds.
You have Bruce Pearl sending the SEC tapes of 5 bad calls against his team. While you are at it, Brucey, send the SEC every call that was made so they will see what type of officials they put out there every night.
I'll just suspend my criticisms of your opening lineups, in game coaching, and lack of major minutes for players like Adou Thiero.
You have your blueprint for this team moving forward. Stick with it, please.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News