ADVERTISEMENT

Cox still at center this week

I think it was better overall with Cox at center. He'll be better this week than last as well.

Yep. No snap issues. Cox is better than Jager overall in blocking. The key is the emergence of Dylan Ray. If horsey can get back, he needs LG, cox C, and Ray RG.

That's the best 3 for those positions and it really isn't close.

Yep. No snap issues. Cox is better than Jager overall in blocking. The key is the emergence of Dylan Ray. If horsey can get back, he needs LG, cox C, and Ray RG.

That's the best 3 for those positions and it really isn't close.
No doubt. In a post practice interview, Cox also alluded to the fact that Burton plays faster and better at guard which is his future imo.

Reactions: ganner918
So if Horsey comes back.....and Cox stays at Center. Does Dylan Ray or Jager Burton start at guard.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Huh. Frankly I'm stunned. Last week ol Rembrandt told me that Burton was doing fine at center. He assured me that Freddie Maggard agreed with him. I'm shocked at this turn of events.

Maybe ol Rembrandt should stick to recruiting gossip with his cronies. I'm sure I'll now be banned for saying so. Good bye.

Last edited:
So if Horsey comes back.....and Cox stays at Center. Does Dylan Ray or Jager Burton start at guard.
Don’t look now but if Horsey, Ray, and Burton are all available to play guard, we might be able to rotate and develop some depth in a way that we weren’t last season. It would be fantastic if Ray and Burton had the two guard positions locked down going into 2024.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I think Ray has done a pretty solid job filling in for Horsey but if you watched the Vandy game he got pushed around a lot. I think Burton played better at guard than center and would be a better option to play guard opposite Horsey.

No doubt. In a post practice interview, Cox also alluded to the fact that Burton plays faster and better at guard which is his future imo.
Burton and the word future is terrifying to think about. He has to get better. Blows my mind that there’s nobody better after all these transfers.

Burton without a doubt. No comparison between the two guards in the Vandy game. Day will be a valuable reserve for Georgia. Im almost optimistic about Burton as an adequate SEC guard. If Horsey didn't play any last week and still iffy this week, I can't imagine he's not going to need a lot of rest. Bet him and Day are 50/50 against Florida.

The emergence of Ray has been one of the biggest stories of the year so far and I feel very fortunate the coaches got him in the off-season. The present and future is more bright with him in the mix. However, is starting Ray at a brand new position over an experienced Burton at RG for our toughest, most high pressure game so far this season against a deep and talented Fla D-line? Not necessarily.

Not long ago, Flax was the player many on this board loved to make fun of and belittle. He dug his heels in and has reversed that narrative in impressive fashion. I have no reason to believe that with Burton's character and ability he is likely to do the same thing. Recently, Burton has become the new Flax on some of other threads.

On Saturday, we have the biggest game of the year so far against a bitter SEC rival whom we may have overtaken over the last 5 years under Stoops and company - 10 year ago, believing in such a possibility might have seemed foolish. In my view, I really hope Horsey can go, but either way, Burton and Ray will play and we need both to play well. I'm betting on our guys.

Huh. Frankly I'm stunned. Last week ol Rembrandt told me that Burton was doing fine at center. He assured me that Freddie Maggard agreed with him. I'm shocked at this turn of events.

Maybe ol Rembrandt should stick to recruiting gossip with his cronies. I'm sure I'll now be banned for saying so. Good bye.
"I see no public evidence that Burton's starting job is in jeopardy although, like every other player on our team, his quality of play has to improve now that the SEC portion of our schedule is starting. Can't afford anymore unforced errors."

Not exactly the same as "doing fine at center."

Perhaps taking a fellow poster's comments so personally is impairing your ability to convey accuracy.

Another reoccurring aggravation of some of the more negative posters is the push-back against the viewpoint of "trust our coaches." Here, Burton was having some problems at center, the coaches intervened, moved Burton from starting center to starting guard, and appear to be staying with that decision after some tempered but positive results. Can we agree that our coaches acted decisively to improve a situation that was not going as well as it should have been?

Although we need more improvement from Burton and many other players, a shuffling between a center and a guard is not exactly a statement that the player moved does not have value or will not ultimately be successful.

We have an extraordinarily big game on Saturday. If someone wants to die on the hill of this Kentucky player is bad in the hope that your negative posts end up being validated and you can win some imaginary game against a fellow poster, then have at it. You do you.

Some of us just see the Kentucky Football experience differently.

Burton and the word future is terrifying to think about. He has to get better. Blows my mind that there’s nobody better after all these transfers.

Well, there may have been, but one of those transfers who would have been fighting for the position, Christman, is out for the year. IIRC, before he was injured, seems like there were reports he was already in the 2 deep

Reactions: bluecoon1
"I see no public evidence that Burton's starting job is in jeopardy although, like every other player on our team, his quality of play has to improve now that the SEC portion of our schedule is starting. Can't afford anymore unforced errors."

Not exactly the same as "doing fine at center."

Perhaps taking a fellow poster's comments so personally is impairing your ability to convey accuracy.

Another reoccurring aggravation of some of the more negative posters is the push-back against the viewpoint of "trust our coaches." Here, Burton was having some problems at center, the coaches intervened, moved Burton from starting center to starting guard, and appear to be staying with that decision after some tempered but positive results. Can we agree that our coaches acted decisively to improve a situation that was not going as well as it should have been?

Although we need more improvement from Burton and many other players, a shuffling between a center and a guard is not exactly a statement that the player moved does not have value or will not ultimately be successful.

We have an extraordinarily big game on Saturday. If someone wants to die on the hill of this Kentucky player is bad in the hope that your negative posts end up being validated and you can win some imaginary game against a fellow poster, then have at it. You do you.

Some of us just see the Kentucky Football experience differently.
Thanks for exposing one of your sock accounts, Rembrandt! You logged in under the wrong account 🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT