ADVERTISEMENT

Collin Chandler back in the USA

So Coach Pope definitely isn't 6'10 right?
Not anymore; probably used to be 6'9" and fudged an inch and probably 6'8" now(we do shrink, that's why there are so many little old men and little old women). Chandler was listed as 6'4" as an 18 year old and now he's 21 so he might be an inch or two taller, some people stop growing at 15(me) and some grow until around 21.

It has to be surreal going from a missionary status to playing for the university of Kentucky.

The good news is that this kid will embrace the grind. Basketball at Kentucky probably will seem like child's play compared to serving overseas.
Guaranteed and anyone who would take 2 years off basketball as a huge prospect to do that, has their priorities straight. I hope we have him a couple years and he becomes one of the first true Wildcats we have had in a long time.

Where are you getting 6’7” from? All of the listings I’ve seen for Chandler have him at 6’4”.

As for Pope, yeah, he ain’t really 6’10”. it was common accepted practice for player height listings to be fudged up a bit in the 90s (and it still happens a lot now too). So he probably was more like 6’9” during his playing days.

And, given that men lose height as they age, he may be more like 6’8” now.
I bet Chandler grew a few inches over the past 2 yr looks it to me

Probably so, I mean Reed is a true Wildcat but I’d have liked to seen him stay 2 years at least.
Why is Reed a true wildcat? lol he played here one year and left just like all the other one and done’s.

I get the parents thing and he’s from here, but at end of day, he played here for one year and left - no different than Rob, Tyty, etc.

I do not blame him for leaving, but the true wildcat and UK legend stuff with him need to stop. Played one year and didn’t win a tournament game.

Why is Reed a true wildcat? lol he played here one year and left just like all the other one and done’s.

I get the parents thing and he’s from here, but at end of day, he played here for one year and left - no different than Rob, Tyty, etc.

I do not blame him for leaving, but the true wildcat and UK legend stuff with him need to stop. Played one year and didn’t win a tournament game.
I have to agree that while I don't blame him and would give my child the same advice to act like he is some kind of UK legend is far fetched. One year on an underwhelming team that got bounced from the tournament by a D2 player is not legendary status to me. I mean everyone in America knew he only shoots 3 and you ball watch and leave him open?

Some kids are Wildcats as soon as they take their first breath on this earth. No choice, just the way it is. Has to be a little different with somebody that becomes a Wildcat a little later on in life.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Is that post worse than all the GD and JFC stuff I read routinely? Not even close in my world.

OH, did you think I WAS complaining.... 😅

will-smith-oh-hell-naw.png

• Haha
Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
I have to agree that while I don't blame him and would give my child the same advice to act like he is some kind of UK legend is far fetched. One year on an underwhelming team that got bounced from the tournament by a D2 player is not legendary status to me. I mean everyone in America knew he only shoots 3 and you ball watch and leave him open?
I think he’s thought of that way BECAUSE he was a legacy and he was a bright spot on the last Calipari team. We’ve all built him up to be more in our minds.
It’s human nature to still grasp at some consolation to the season and he’s that consolation
I don’t know

Completely agree and also feel the same way about Garrison.
I need to watch some tape on Garrison, havent studied him yet but here good things about potential. But love Chandler's game. Seems to have Tyle Hero's all around offensive skills. Outside, mid range and can drive it.

I think he’s thought of that way BECAUSE he was a legacy and he was a bright spot on the last Calipari team. We’ve all built him up to be more in our minds.
It’s human nature to still grasp at some consolation to the season and he’s that consolation
I don’t know
Some people do that, but not me. If we're looking at this objectively:

* bright spot early in first half of the season with his hot shooting
* calm and beautiful shooting stroke
* played at UK just like his dad did
* likable kid
* not very interested in playing defense
* had trouble keeping up with the action, ended up ball-watching A LOT
* didn't fight to create his shot (may be related to above line)
* faltered under the bright lights
* good (not great) FT shooter

Because of the amount of money he stands to make in the NBA it was a no-brainer, otherwise I think he made a huge mistake not coming back for a second year to get stronger and better in certain facets of the game.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Chandler looks like the type of player Purdue had this year that nobody has ever heard of before but by the time he's a junior or senior he's nationally known as one of the key cogs in a dominant teams wheel.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak

* likable kid

Because of the amount of money he stands to make in the NBA it was a no-brainer, otherwise I think he made a huge mistake not coming back for a second year to get stronger and better in certain facets of the game.
I like Reed. Would have loved for him to come back because he likely would have improved on those weaknesses. But he didn't. And he accomplished basically nothing while here. I wish him the best but he's not even in one of my top 25 favorite Cats. He's certainly not a legend in my eyes.

Reactions: Fox2monk

* likable kid

No he’s an elite FT shooter.

Pope knows he has to put his nose to the grindstone. Hopefully in future years he won't have to run around as much. It can wear a person down over time. Still. What he has done in these few short weeks is nothing short of amazing and I couldn't be more excited for our future.
I think he’ll still have to be running around, just not all in a compressed time frame. Once this roster is finalized, he can focus on the 2025 roster and the freshman class. But yeah, April is going to be an annual hell month when it comes to recruiting and dealing with the portal. But hopefully next year he’s only going after 3-4 guys and not an entire roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT