ADVERTISEMENT

College officials!

JwUKFan11

Senior
Nov 11, 2011
Say whatever you want about Cal, our players, how we play but it is almost impossible to win these games on the road with the way we get officiated. Exact same calls from game to game go against UK on both sides of the call. Absolutely disgusting that I have to watch these same officials be dogshit at their jobs every week.

Say whatever you want about Cal, our players, how we play but it is almost impossible to win these games on the road with the way we get officiated. Exact same calls from game to game go against UK on both sides of the call. Absolutely disgusting that I have to watch these same officials be dogshit at their jobs every week.
Agree 100. It doesn’t have to be this way. The NBA doesn’t have this issue to the extent we do in CBB

It's beyond awful. The NBA isn't even a fraction of this level of ineptitude.

The home and away discrepancy is almost at the point that road teams need to be perfect to get the win, and that's not how basketball should work. Not to mention the treatment Cal/UK gets. We've had about 8 point robbed from us this game and heck like 15 last game. You're just not going to win a ton of game with that.

The refs are not bad at their jobs at all, not even a little bit. They’re doing exactly what they’re told to do and are quite good at it.

College basketball would be better off if the players played "call-your-own" fouls because the 18-22yr olds have MUCH more integrity than the refs. I sincerely believe this.

I think the only hope is a demand for transparency due to gambling.

Is there any other job besides politics that you can totally suck and never be held accountable? Refs are crooked!

Reactions: teli
Too much money on the side. The college game needs to stop screwing around and employ professional refs. There also needs to be reviews and accountability. Not that any of this will ever happen.

Reactions: teli and JDHoss
They anticipate fouls - just assume something was a foul especially home team players

Reactions: MathUK
That foul called on Reed's block was so bad that even Bilas grudgingly acknowledged it.

Radio guys not happy with refs yesterday. They was very very bad. Not surprising, look who it was.

Reactions: teli
I believe there was a study done about all officiating in American sports and International sports and college basketball was #2 in the WORLD that are influenced by home crowd environments. International soccer was obviously #1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT