ADVERTISEMENT

Coleman Hawkins - Illinois to Portal

He’s an extremely good player. May not be room for him at UK, but he will be a major plus to the program where he ends up,

Reactions: JASUN74
Carr--13.5pts--6.8reb--1.5a--1.5blk--37.1% 3P--52.6%fg--78.1%ft

hawkins--12.1pts--6.1reb--2.7a--1.1blk--36.9% 3P--45.1%fg--79.2%ft

I take Carr for defense and offense advantage--much better FG%.

rr

Reactions: hudson17110
He is also still considering to go back to Illinois. But I think he will stay in the draft even if he goes late in the 2nd round.

Isn't he playable like a wing? He's at least a stretch 4, isn't he? But, could play at the 3?
Definitely not a 3 I wouldn't think. Particularly on defense. He can play a 4. However, until this last season he shot below 30% from deep. This year he was at 37%. So it could go either way.

I think we need to pause on the bigs for a minute and get more guards/wings.

Maybe I'm off, but doesn't it seem far fetched that a kid like this would want to come to UK to be a backup?

I get the Garrison addition, because he probably thinks he can be the third frontcourt rotation piece, but it's suddenly getting pretty crowded in the frontcourt.

Carr--13.5pts--6.8reb--1.5a--1.5blk--37.1% 3P--52.6%fg--78.1%ft

hawkins--12.1pts--6.1reb--2.7a--1.1blk--36.9% 3P--45.1%fg--79.2%ft

I take Carr for defense and offense advantage--much better FG%.

rr
Agreed. Still would want him as a backup. With Garrison, it’ll be hard to get Osobor now. I didn’t see Williams and him playing on the floor together with this offense Pope runs. Another stretch four would be ideal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT