ADVERTISEMENT

Cody Fueger

Ralph

Who do you foresee as assistants?
How will he set up a staff in your opinion? Recruiters? Bench coach? Coordinators?
Is it difficult for a guy like Pope to bring in a great staff?
With the portal does that lessen the need for on site recruiters?

Looks like Mark has a system that he will recruit to and not collect various 5 stars. Guessing he might just look for a couple HS guys each year and rely on experience?
I don't know what Pope is going to do. Waiting to see like everyone else.

He has resources ($$$$$) to build this how he chooses. It's how quickly he figures out what he can bring with him/what needs to change that will dictate the results.

You better recruit the best players you can get to form a TEAM/PROGRAM. The All Star approach isn't going to work, you need a team. It's kind of ironic that Calipari's best team he had at UK was filled with 1 elite NBA player and 1 solid NBA role player (AD and Darius Miller) and rest were NBA misses and great CBB players. Even his '14 team which also played for a NC--they had 1 NBA star (Julius Randle) and 1 solid NBA role player (WCS) who was albeit injured-but rest were great CBB players.

Interesting that Coach Pope splits up the scouting-I love that. Keeps the staff involved and when you delegate you can see your strengths and weaknesses of your own staff too. Very smart thing to do. Everyone has them too-not a shot at anyone as we all have areas we're better at than others.

You are being kind saying Bruiser "hung out" at titty clubs. He lived at them and could tell you what time "Sparkles, Feather, and TamKat" took the stage over any set the opponent ran or where a recruit was playing tonight.
That’s a pitino thing. He had his assistants split up scouting

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Cal: "I'm a man of principles. I can't ask my kids to put in any work if I'm allowing my assistants to watch LHOTP. "

O: "Exactly. Cal taught me to seek return on investment. That's why I gave up coaching and took a seat"

Chin: "A little secret here, Orlando. I ask the recruits if they'd like to witness a big O for themselves right on campus. Works every time"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT