ADVERTISEMENT

Cocks fined $100k

That's what she said.

thats-what-she-said-what-she-said.gif

Not sure that a monetary punishment really works. Maybe more stiff penalities like having to play less home games or suspension of coach or something. IDK. Schools really need to control this. I've never been a fan of court stormings.

I’m excited that the rushed the court, those kids need to celebrate something. They got the Cats off the floor, it was a safe court storm

Reactions: NociHTTP
I assume SC's goals coming into the season were:

- Beat Kentucky
- Finish above .500 in league play
- Make the tournament

Good for them. Upset wins at home are pretty much all they have. Gotta celebrate when you can

Reactions: wardlow
Texas A&M lost their next game after beating Kentucky, we will see if South Carolina does Saturday. It's hard to believe they can shoot as well as they did last night again, especially when they were nowhere near the percentage they normally shoot. We all knew it would be that way though.

Reactions: KYExtemper and OSOK
Texas A&M lost their next game after beating Kentucky, we will see if South Carolina does Saturday. It's hard to believe they can shoot as well as they did last night again, especially when they were nowhere near the percentage they normally shoot. We all knew it would be that way though.
Best bet in sports is to bet against any SEC team that beats a top 10 ranked UK team the next game.

"As part of the updated policies voted on at the SEC Spring Meetings in 2023, the opposing institution — in this case, the University of Kentucky — will be paid the fine."
Cal about to stack up those super bowl fines for the institution. Good guy Cal

"As part of the updated policies voted on at the SEC Spring Meetings in 2023, the opposing institution — in this case, the University of Kentucky — will be paid the fine."
Cal about to stack up those super bowl fines for the institution. Good guy Cal

Cal should donate that money to the crawfords corner fund.

If you don't think the games are different when Kentucky comes to town you are just being willfully ignorant.
It’s so frustrating, too. If the teams and fans would put forth just fraction of that energy for non-UK games, the sec would hands down be the best league.

Instead SC will probably lose their next game, and their arena will nearly be empty for the next home game.

First time-a warning
second time- $100K fine
Third time-$500K fine (To Pay Cal's salary)

Really silly to storm the floor after the win, as beating Kentucky is not the accomplishment it once was....
That said, their fan participation and environment was impressive (relatively speaking).
SC out played UK and deserved to win. Such are the times.....

Not sure that a monetary punishment really works. Maybe more stiff penalities like having to play less home games or suspension of coach or something. IDK. Schools really need to control this. I've never been a fan of court stormings.
For sure. The fans couldn’t care less about that fine. Unless the penalty is something they feel it’s going to be tough to stop.

Maybe it will ignite some passion from our players. I didn’t expect them to storm the court against #6 but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Oh, I'm definitely fading USC Jr. this weekend. It's made me money already to bet against the team the game after they beat us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT