ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Smarts

BillyJoeCat-fan

All-SEC
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2002
Lewisburg, KY
I've been a member here over 20 years and I've read many, many good posts from hundreds of other members in those years. I've also read plenty that let's just say lean to the other side of the pendulum. For quite a few years I seldom posted anything except some stories of things that happened on my trips to over 600 UK basketball games pretty much everywhere the Wildcats have played. From Old Stokley Athletic Center in Knoxville with its synthetic tartan floor to the Georgia Dome when the tornado hit to down the road Georgia Tech arena for the game vs UGa where me and a buddy climbed a fence to sneak in to the game. Up to Madison Square Garden with Wall and Cousins, to Notre Dame and walking by Touchdown Jesus, to Phog Allen Fieldhouse and every Final Four the Cats have appeared in since 1996.

As I said, I've read many things on here that are so memorable. Some of the ones that I get the biggest kick out of are the ones questioning a coach's decisions on playing style, line-ups, player rotations and recruiting. The ones that really are something is when someone talks about how they would have done things differently if they were the coach and that they were smarter than anyone on the coaching staff. Well let's fast-forward to next season and beyond. How's it going to go when someone questions our new coach and the "smarts" of his decision making when the guy is a Rhodes Scholar ?? You know it's going to happen. I'm sure they will be just as memorable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News