ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches on the hot seat?

Dec 25, 2006
Every year a handful of players decommit in spring when coaches get fired (mid/late April). Who are some candidates this year? Bruce Pearl and John Pelphrey in the SEC could be gone, and both have top 50 commits (Ky Madden, BJ Young, Kevin Ware). Any chance Cal pulls a little spring magic for a third year in a row?

Looks like Pelphrey is under Tubby Smith heat in Arkansas (link below). Maybe Cal can bring John on as a lead assistant/recruiter and he can convince Madden, Young and Mickleson to follow him to UK. I think we'll have 7 scholarships available for 2011 (I know Cal won't use one or two): two leftovers, plus Kanter, Harrelson, Jones, and either Knight or Lamb, also Polson will go off scholarship... it could happen in theory.

Pelphrey criticism

i agree that Crean's situation will become extremely heated if he doesn't get IU a heck of alot closer to a .500 record in the Big Ten that what it has been..... Personally, I'm not optimistic because I think he's mediocre.

McDonald at WKU is definitely on the hot seat... took a big pay cut.. and has had a ton of player turnover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT