ADVERTISEMENT

Coach O and Chin contract details released

JFCats22

All-American
Feb 3, 2015
UK/Mitch paid up!

According to The Courier Journal, the school is set to pay Antigua $850,000 next season, while Coleman will earn $450,000, a combined total of $1.3 million. For comparison’s sake, that’s $450,000 more than the combined annual salaries of Tony Barbee ($525,000) and Joel Justus ($325,000).

Antigua will see a $25,000 raise each year for three years leading to a $900,000 salary in 2023-24. This deal is believed to make Antigua the highest-paid assistant coach in college basketball, comparable to the $900,000 salary former UK assistant Kenny Payne earned before taking a job with the New York Knicks last offseason.

Coleman will receive a $50,000 raise each year through 2023-24, where he will earn $550,000 during the final year of his contract.

I liked it when the Illinois media was trying to control the narrative that they actually outbid Kentucky for Antigua, but the draw of coming back to Kentucky was just too much.

sure they did
Watch how much their new assistants get paid, it won't be top level pay. They made it up to feel better about themselves.

I'm glad those dudes got paid, but I personally prefer not knowing what's in the briefcase.....

pulp-fiction-briefcase.gif

I liked it when the Illinois media was trying to control the narrative that they actually outbid Kentucky for Antigua, but the draw of coming back to Kentucky was just too much.

sure they did
Yeah they reported Orlando was up for like 1.2 million. Doesn’t sound like it.

Reactions: awf
We were really paying Tony Barbee 525k and Justus 325k to do absolutely nothing. Makes me sick.
Look at this way RR, Jai Lucas delivers Daimion Collins upon his arrival to Lexington who Cal had to ask the other coaches when seeing film of him from Jai "why are we not recruiting this guy?" and then O/Chin come in and one of their 3 PG offers in '21 class when at Illinois comes on board--not saying Cal/Jai didn't do work here--but it sure didn't hurt that they had past relationship with him. That's what staff upgrades do.

Not really. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Kenny Payne making 1 Mill before he left? If true, they are probably just back up to around the same level they were when KP was here.
I think its meaning current assistance coaches that are currently active in college basketball at this time.
Not so much meaning ever.
But Yeah K Payne was way up there in the amount of coin he was racking in at UK.

Reactions: awf and Cal-4-Three
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT