ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal isn't Going Anywhere!!!!!!!!

Well, that was quick... IMO the reason he squashed this so quickly is because Jamal Murray is on campus.

FollowingJohn CalipariVerified account‏@UKCoachCalipari
Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any other job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK.

Well, with an extremely important recruit on campus right now, I think it behooves him to squelch that talk ASAP.

And I really wish some of our posters would refrain from posting that crap until recruiting is done. You never know.

He squashed it quickly because he knows it's causing him tons of damage on the recruiting trail. I'm not suprised by it, and it's still the same coach speak, but I'm thankful for it. I just hope this flirtation with certain NBA teams and this yearly conversation doesn't start causing us to miss like we have this year.

Well, while I enjoy your comments, we UL fans have been through this a time or two and there comes a time when there is actually fire behind the smoke. We saw Strong say a lot of the same things, but when the money wagon was backed up to his house, he left. There are only so many times you can say no....

I appreciate that he didn't just say "I'm happy at Kentucky", he specifically said "I have no interest in the Pelicans job." It's a simple thing but it carries much more weight to any potential recruits.

Bill Self with his little last ditch effort. What a dirty bastard Self is when it comes to recruiting. He started the rumor more than likely.

Well, while I enjoy your comments, we UL fans have been through this a time or two and there comes a time when there is actually fire behind the smoke. We saw Strong say a lot of the same things, but when the money wagon was backed up to his house, he left. There are only so many times you can say no....

Strong left a historically mediocre football program for a bigger, better program that also offered more money. Cal would be leaving the best college basketball program for a small NBA franchise that can't offer the money UK can. There isn't any comparison between the two, no matter how hard UL fans wish there was.

Reactions: KDcats11

Is the money wagon making a pick up at Cal's house? 8 million > 5 million.

Cal said the same thing about UK when he was at Memphis, so Self and the other A-holes will always have that as ammo to spew at our recruits.

They can spit all of the BS they want, but they can't change the fact that we're the winningest program of all time and don't have to BS to get recruits.

Well, that was quick... IMO the reason he squashed this so quickly is because Jamal Murray is on campus.

FollowingJohn CalipariVerified account‏@UKCoachCalipari
Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any other job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK.

March 27, 2009 - Calipari, who just completed his ninth season with the Tigers, told a group of reporters at Wilson Air Center today that Memphis is "where I want to coach." "I want to be here," Calipari said today. "This is where I want to coach, and my name will be tied to every job that's open, and our fans I think have gotten used to it."

April 1, 2009 - After over a day of deliberation, John Calipari is headed to Kentucky. The coach sent a text message to ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday evening saying, "I am accepting the UK job! Go Big Blue, coach Cal."

UL mad bro?

what's wrong with what he said?

What's wrong with prodding a Cards fan on a Kentucky message board? And why are you asking me to explain my posts on consecutive days?

As to your question and his substance, in what universe is the UL football coach parallel in both respectability and income to the UK basketball coach? Other than Phil Jackson, has a NBA coached commanded an $8 mil salary? That's what's wrong with his post.

Calipari told Pelican officials that he was interested in their job opening

Then Pelican officials informed Cal they were not interested in him

Then Cal tries to defuse situation and tweets that he has no interest in the Pelican job and wants to stay at UK

Moral of the story is this: Cal wants to ride the AD gravy train but he'll have to wait for the Lakers or Bulls or Knicks job once Davis is a UFA.

Rejoice BBN! You've got him for at least another year.

Reactions: ACCCard
Cal said the same thing about UK when he was at Memphis, so Self and the other A-holes will always have that as ammo to spew at our recruits.

They can spit all of the BS they want, but they can't change the fact that we're the winningest program of all time and don't have to BS to get recruits.
Cal never once said, "I have no interest in the UK job." There's a difference in saying that and, "I'm happy with my job."

Then Cal tries to defuse situation and tweets that he has no interest in the Pelican job and wants to stay at UK

Moral of the story is this: Cal wants to ride the AD gravy train but he'll have to wait for the Lakers or Bulls or Knicks job once Davis is a UFA.

Reverse the actions of the parties, and you'd be correct.

Also, 1987.

Trash is coming out of the woodwork today.:rolleyes:

Reactions: BlueVoodoo
I just get sick of seeing people on this board be dicks to fans of other schools coming here to discuss something when they're not being dicks themselves. If they're trying to legitimately add to the discussion, they should be allowed to.

That's better than being an incessant know-it-all dick to Kentucky fans on a Kentucky board, IMO. But I guess between your Maggard discipleship and failed sports journalism career, you get the chip on your shoulder honestly.

I agree today's statements are 1000% about recruiting (as are probably the rumors themselves to a certain extent). We need to get a roster set. The Coach Cal thing will likely play itself out over the summer ... I'd expect another NBA team or two will at least take his temperature.

Man, you're an idiot. Point blank.

I just get sick of seeing people on this board be dicks to fans of other schools coming here to discuss something when they're not being dicks themselves. If they're trying to legitimately add to the discussion, they should be allowed to.

And the reason I asked about why Dave posting gave you warm fuzzies is because I know Dave isn't as connected as he once was. It's no offense to him, I'm sure he'll tell you the same. Love the guy, like I said. I got to know him personally in our TBK days, spent a bit of time with him (he put me and my brother up in a hotel room with him during a TBK meet and greet one weekend in Lexington, gave me the UK tickets so I could propose to my fiance on the court at Rupp, etc).

I can accept posters who don't just come around here when we are experiencing some hardships. Right now, we've got more than 5 handfuls of posters from other boards circling the wagons like damn buzzards. It's obvious why they are here, no? All thee Kansas fans just show up now? There louisville piles just show up now?

Screw them. They take what they earn. If you are a poster from another board who consistantly hangs around here, I'm cool. A no name Jayhawk or Card fan who just pops in and out during a down time? You can have them.

Reactions: CELTICAT
again... why peopel continue to bring up Marc Maggard, I have no clue. I haven't spoken to or acknowledged his existence in over 2 years. You clearly hold a grudge. And the reason I come across as an incessant know it all dick to UK fans is because I expect more from em. Kinda hold em to a higher standard. Maybe that's my fault. And I also do think I'm smarter than most of em, so there's that (kidding, sort of haha).

I really don't know WTF you're talking about with "failed sport journalism career", though. I've never in my life wanted to be a sports journalist. Sounds like you're trying way too hard to hurl an insult where there's not one to be had. Now if you had brought up my childhood desire to be Axl Rose or something, then sure. That might have stung more. Kinda fell flat on my face with that one.

You can take Mar(K) Maggard and your 5,000 likes and shove it. ;)

Yes I'm obsessed with your amount of likes. How do I too pump that much sunshine to receive even 100?

That's better than being an incessant know-it-all dick to Kentucky fans on a Kentucky board, IMO. But I guess between your Maggard discipleship and failed sports journalism career, you get the chip on your shoulder honestly.
Grow up.

Hope Cal stays as long as he wants.

I think it's still the awesome sig, but that's just me haha.

Seriously, I have no idea. I'm certainly no sunshine pumper. I went apeshit when UK was missing on all the recruits this spring. Finally just started coming back down the last couple of weeks. I do post a lot, but then again I'm on the board a lot so...

I guess a lot of people just agree with my opinions... which I wouldn't necessarily take as a good thing.

I've been meaning to ask you, where did you get that? I see you update it so I'm guessing you're doing it yourself. I'd give you 50 likes if you made myself one for football. That would almost put you with Maverick

I do make em myself. Good ol screen shot of the jerseys from NBA.com and use Paint to paste em together, just like the cavemen would've done in 2005.

I would try to make ya one for football, but I'm guessing that would be quite the task. I'd be willing to give it a shot if you gave me a roster with all the UK players signed to NFL teams (I'd wait until official rosters for next season are announced).

Well small task on computers are huge for some of us. Im going to get them together if I can. I appreciate that. Sorry Mav one this is happening so he's going to jump you ;)

This new board has me guessing, but didn't you used to have scott padgett as your avatar?

I did for many years, it was a pic of him with the Rockets screaming while trying to get a board. I stopped using the site that hosted the image and thus went avatar-less for a while.

I did for many years, it was a pic of him with the Rockets screaming while trying to get a board. I stopped using the site that hosted the image and thus went avatar-less for a while.

That's right. I used to love the pic. Padgett is one of my favs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT