ADVERTISEMENT

Club Blue

I appreciate Popes dedication.
I hope he succeds.
Not because I deserve or demand, but so Ky basketball becomes relevant and players will be drawn to the name and tradition behind the name.

I have given money to club blue

While I attended the press conference, honestly I don't really care to go to a meet and greet.

But I think its a great idea.

Like it or not, a big part of every coaches job is going to be NIL fund raising.

I equate it to politicians , a few weeks after their re-election, they are working the phones to get donations for their next re-election.

It will be a never ending cycle for coaches,

As much as the cost of an education has become these Universities should be given 20,000,000 a year to buy players. I know buy sounds wrong but if it’s not free agency now without acap, what should it be called.

As much as the cost of an education has become these Universities should be given 20,000,000 a year to buy players. I know buy sounds wrong but if it’s not free agency now without acap, what should it be called.
I thought about adding $5 to ticket prices at UK games to fund NIL for those sports. Football and BBall could fund an insane NIL if they did that.

I thought about adding $5 to ticket prices at UK games to fund NIL for those sports. Football and BBall could fund an insane NIL if they did that.
in the spirit of what NIL is, a University couldn't do that directly.
Indirectly yes, but any money generated or received by the University that isn't explicitly given (voluntarily) for the NIL would probably land them in hot water

I have given money to club blue

While I attended the press conference, honestly I don't really care to go to a meet and greet.

But I think its a great idea.

Like it or not, a big part of every coaches job is going to be NIL fund raising.

I equate it to politicians , a few weeks after their re-election, they are working the phones to get donations for their next re-election.

It will be a never ending cycle for coaches,
I think NIL demands going forward will be the most important aspect of getting or keeping a coaching staff.

Add NIL tax lol. That’s what we need more tax! But yeah it would work if people would pay it. I’m sure they would for this issue.

Reactions: chroix
Has raised 650,000 so far. It said with the 4 million to go with this from two donors if they can get that up to a million to go with the big donor millions it would put us in as good a position as anybody in NIL.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Sounds like a great idea. I'll wait to see what the culture is like at season end.

in the spirit of what NIL is, a University couldn't do that directly.
Indirectly yes, but any money generated or received by the University that isn't explicitly given (voluntarily) for the NIL would probably land them in hot water
yea... Isn't commonwealth and rupp independent entities?

One of the poorest states in the country and people are begging the citizens to pay for college basketball/football players lol The irony is lost I guess.

Wonder if they are asking businesses to help out with NIL? I've seen big corps like Tyson etc at other schools step up, but have yet to hear of any in Kentucky. Any ideas?

Reactions: NociHTTP
One of the poorest states in the country and people are begging the citizens to pay for college basketball/football players lol The irony is lost I guess.

Wonder if they are asking businesses to help out with NIL? I've seen big corps like Tyson etc at other schools step up, but have yet to hear of any in Kentucky. Any ideas?
This is completely separate from the businesses/big donors. There is a reported $4 million annually that is from that side of the house.

This is completely separate from the businesses/big donors. There is a reported $4 million annually that is from that side of the house.
The rumor is that's just two big individual donors. How come we don't hear of any corporations donating that are based in ky. It's just odd to rely on your fans who are some of the poorest in the nation. Honestly I'm surprised it's done as well as it has. The economics of this state has worried me when it comes to NIL

Reactions: NociHTTP
The rumor is that's just two big individual donors. How come we don't hear of any corporations donating that are based in ky. It's just odd to rely on your fans who are some of the poorest in the nation. Honestly I'm surprised it's done as well as it has. The economics of this state has worried me when it comes to NIL
I know of FedEx at Memphis and their $5 million per year split between all sports. Unfortunately, UK doesn't have a FedEx associated with the program. Arkansas isn't getting their donations from Tyson Chicken, they are getting their donations from the family that own Tyson Chicken. Same as UK not getting their money from Alliance Resource Partners, but from Joe Craft. I would be curious how many programs are getting major NIL money from a company/corporation and not from the CEO of that company/corporation.

As far as the state itself, Club Blue's reoccurring monthly contribution options are $25, $50, $100, $250 and $500. If 5% of people that sign up do $500/month, 10% do $250/month, 15% do 100/month, 20% do $50/month and 50% do $25/month, you would need this many people signed up to make $1,000,000:

$500 - 8 people
$250 - 34 people
$100 - 125 people
$50 - 333 people
$25 - 1,666 people

That's a total of 2,166 donors. I honestly don't think it's as difficult as it seems without the breakdown.

yea... Isn't commonwealth and rupp independent entities?
Commonwealth\Kroger is part of the University and is in partnership with JMI Sports but owned by UK as it is located on Campus property.

Central Bank Center\Rupp Arena\Lexington Convention Center and the Lexington Opera House are owned by the Downtown Lexington Corporation and the Oak View Group.

UK leases Rupp Arena for Basketball and is not financially responsible for any upgrades to Rupp or any of its properties. They are merely a tenant.

I know of FedEx at Memphis and their $5 million per year split between all sports. Unfortunately, UK doesn't have a FedEx associated with the program. Arkansas isn't getting their donations from Tyson Chicken, they are getting their donations from the family that own Tyson Chicken. Same as UK not getting their money from Alliance Resource Partners, but from Joe Craft. I would be curious how many programs are getting major NIL money from a company/corporation and not from the CEO of that company/corporation.

As far as the state itself, Club Blue's reoccurring monthly contribution options are $25, $50, $100, $250 and $500. If 5% of people that sign up do $500/month, 10% do $250/month, 15% do 100/month, 20% do $50/month and 50% do $25/month, you would need this many people signed up to make $1,000,000:

$500 - 8 people
$250 - 34 people
$100 - 125 people
$50 - 333 people
$25 - 1,666 people

That's a total of 2,166 donors. I honestly don't think it's as difficult as it seems without the breakdown.
Thanks for breaking that down. Yeah that doesn't seem as hard. Imagine if they could get Humana (based in ky) on board......lol

Reactions: bthaunert
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT