ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Backlash really is coming in underwhelming. It seems that there is limited heat for any of the matches. I guess maybe bringing in Jacob Fatu is what I’m hoping for. But having tournaments/set up matches for championships is a bit lazy.

GKnpPC6XwAErpH2

Also I thought this was sorta neat - recently saw a clip of Chelsea Green leaving the ring in-character and quickly taking a handmade bracelet from a fan who wanted her to have it. Then I noticed bracelets on Cody's wrist last night. Apparently it's some Swift thing? I dunno, but I've noticed more wrestlers coming out and signing posters, figures, and accepting gifts from fans and that's pretty cool. Felt like there used to be a time when there was a separation between fan and wrestler. Now we're getting random selfies, video clips, quick autographs, belts and shoes given out, and handmade gifts.

So 4 rounds of a draft just to say Bron is going to Raw and Carmelo Hayes was being called up. Everyone else stayed put. That's not really "shaking" anything up.

Also I thought this was sorta neat - recently saw a clip of Chelsea Green leaving the ring in-character and quickly taking a handmade bracelet from a fan who wanted her to have it. Then I noticed bracelets on Cody's wrist last night. Apparently it's some Swift thing? I dunno, but I've noticed more wrestlers coming out and signing posters, figures, and accepting gifts from fans and that's pretty cool. Felt like there used to be a time when there was a separation between fan and wrestler. Now we're getting random selfies, video clips, quick autographs, belts and shoes given out, and handmade gifts.
Ya I’ve definitely noticed Cody is very engaged with the fans - inside and outside the arena.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT