ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck Hayes son

What makes me feel old is Pope being our Coach and his teammate's son playing here as well. I believe I graduated the same year as Pope in high school. He came to Kentucky when I was starting my 3rd year in the Air Force. Doesn't seem that long ago, but it's been freaking 31 years since then. No wonder I've got so many aches and pains.

At least Hayes played in the Tubby era which at least gives us a chance. No chance for players with any links to the Cal era unfortunately

Speaking of Cal. Does anyone believe that Thiero and DJ were always going to Arkansas but held off committing or even visiting until Cal had other pieces in place.

He definitely has a sweeter stroke than his dad, but nobody, I mean NOBODY (even Patrick Patterson) played with a bigger heart for UK.

They didn't show his free throws. I hope Chuck didn't hand those down to him. :)

ubfDbs.gif

He definitely has a sweeter stroke than his dad, but nobody, I mean NOBODY (even Patrick Patterson) played with a bigger heart for UK.

They didn't show his free throws. I hope Chuck didn't hand those down to him. :)

ubfDbs.gif

More like a volleyball set than a basketball shot. Good lord that’s bad.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
At least Hayes played in the Tubby era which at least gives us a chance. No chance for players with any links to the Cal era unfortunately

Speaking of Cal. Does anyone believe that Thiero and DJ were always going to Arkansas but held off committing or even visiting until Cal had other pieces in place.
I think Theiro was going wherever he could get the biggest NIL check.

Kid looked good and has Chuck Hayes genes in him....that HAS to count for something.

I was at the first exhibition game that Chuck Hayes played in and he took a head first dive for a ball at the baseline behind the goal. Came up with floor burns on his knees and maybe elbows. I said wow....can't believe this guy as a freshman did that.....especially in an exhibition game. That showed his true character and he will always be a special player in my view!

Where is he ranked nationally? Who's been recruiting him the hardest so far?

I was at Chuck Hayes' last game in Austin, TX against Michigan State in the "Patrick Sparks miracle shot, couldn't get that last rebound, double OT" loss in the Regional Final. When Hayes fouled out, the Michigan State fans were starting to celebrate, UK fans were totally deflated. Then UK fans stood up and gave Hayes a huge ovation as he walked off the court. Michigan State fans were like "wtf?", then realized what was going on. Cool moment in the middle of pure misery.

Reactions: hmt5000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT